/lbg/- Letterboxd General

[Fill-in-the-blank] edition.

Previous thread: [Link to previous thread goes here]

>Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>discord
discord.gg/MJ9EDND

>News
[News goes here]

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
[Question goes here]

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/farre/
letterboxd.com/fastandbulbous/film/kino/
letterboxd.com/film/le-clitoris/
nationalpost.com/g00/entertainment/movies/tiff-cant-screen-it-all-but-what-it-lacks-this-year-is-more-astonishing-than-what-it-has?
youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8
youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1TEvSD14g
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/mosies4life/film/it-2017/
youtu.be/EMYfEFJVjCU
letterboxd.com/farre/film/cars-3/
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
letterboxd.com/mastro666/
nationalpost.com/entertainment/books/i-read-the-new-shopaholic-book-with-my-british-mother
youtube.com/watch?v=DYlc4T8dxqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

letterboxd.com/farre/

FUCK YOU

OHH SHIIIT

letterboxd.com/fastandbulbous/film/kino/

what are some modern Japanese directors worth to check out?
Please only serious replies that answer directly my question, thank you.

letterboxd.com/film/le-clitoris/

Is that nu-Katy Perry?

It's Supergirl.

Why has Calum Marsh deleted his twitter account?

Also, this article makes me feel justified in not attending TIFF this year: nationalpost.com/g00/entertainment/movies/tiff-cant-screen-it-all-but-what-it-lacks-this-year-is-more-astonishing-than-what-it-has?

look what you made me do!!

Hirokazu Koreeda and that one guy who made Eureka

i can't stand this guy

Kitano

Oops!

filmlet

What does everyone think of David Ehrlich?
I personally really fucking hate him.

i think he's okay

user, I love this movi

user, I love this movi

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8

classic vid

youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1TEvSD14g

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Original Name

letterboxd.com/mosies4life/film/it-2017/

how do you go from this...

to this?

that meth face

youtu.be/EMYfEFJVjCU

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

I'm the only thinking the whole movie was a huge allegory about incest?

I could destroy the entirety of old /lbg/ in the palm of my hand.

just make a dog damn letterboxd account already

>nu-Katy Perry
>1985

lol

Imagine actually listening to what Amaranth thinks

Imagine following someone and posting their rating filenamed "cunt", and caring this much about your hate towards a random name and avatar in the Internet who hasn't been in these threads in 5 years.

>hasn't been in these threads in 5 years.
good

Clara Bow is frisky!

>griffith
sup, pops

if you could you would, but you can't, so you won't

I love films

patreon/10

how do i get a girl to like me?

stalk her social media for months and never say anything to her

i already do that though

go to parties that you know she'll attend, then dance with her, it's basically the least difficult version of flirting, if it goes well then there's a 90% chance you can move things further

i'll try that thanks

what's your favorite recent movie? I'll watch it

battle of the sexes

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Literally just a remake of La Dolce Vita. Terrible taste.

Nothing. They're all awful. Go back to the 1910's

agree.

La Dolce Vita is a remake too and it's awful. Terrible taste.

why the fuck is this in every /lbg/ thread?

amdjeet forcing his meme

guaranteed butt hurt reactions like

letterboxd.com/farre/film/cars-3/

t. amdjeet

Sup goys

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

>By no means is this the travesty you've heard from verified Twitter critics who spout off on Rotten Tomatoes, nor the snore-fest audience members with a chip on their shoulder describe, but there's nothing really here besides some charismatic actors, bright colours and a sexual gaze. They're all ripped and tight in the str8 and homoerotic sense, but excuses to check my phone and follow the news, /hr/ Emma Stone threads, and trailers for other movies did arise. That's not exactly good.

This is a fantastic piece of kino. John Travolta and Lawrence Fishburne are incredible in this movie. THE BIG KAHUNA SCENE IS SOO AMAZING I QUOTE IT TO MYSELF ALL THE TIME GREATEST SCENE IN FILM HISTORY.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER HA

The Anti-TSPDT (reddit) list

so you're saying being anti-TSPDT is reddit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hello there mi negro.

letterboxd.com/mastro666/

I wouldn't expect a primate to know how to read just like I wouldn't expect the genetically inferior to have requisite taste

>ignores in disinterest
he must have met machill54

calum marsh is the fucking worst

i can put up with a lot of different critics but when it comes to that guy, i just can't.

meant for

he also wrote this: nationalpost.com/entertainment/books/i-read-the-new-shopaholic-book-with-my-british-mother

which is a disastrously bad review. But back to the subject at hand. I've been getting into Bordwell/Thompson recently; I put them off when I was younger because I thought their writing was "boring" but they're pretty decent

I tried watching Birth of a Nation and outside of the combat scenes, it was the most boring fucking thing I've ever seen in my life. And I love slow cinema. Benning, Sokurov, and Costa are my favorites. You're not special for watching slow boring outdated silent films, contrarian.

yeah, i know what you mean. i felt similar to them when i was younger. i appreciate them a lot more now.

Tell this faggot 82939 why Griffith is outdated boring shit

Don't forget Flaherty

>Bordwell/Thompson
The McDonald's of film theory

you'd get sick of filet mignon every night real fast

This is why all the other boards conisder Sup Forums a laughing stock, myself included.

I don't eat out of dumpsters.
*sneers

Tell this faggot why Griffith is shit

I know I'm supposed to be turned off by his film's racism and pretty poor politics, and I am, but it's such a small part of a larger and greater film that still packs a punch almost 100 years later that I find myself being able to reconcile with it all at the end of the day.

D.W. Griffith had a vision of cinema as a popular art, and Birth of a Nation is a fully realized version of that vision. It's never not compelling even when it's on the edge of inhumane and outdated ideals, and it's a film that seeks to entertain among its desires to preach for a better and more unified human race. In spite of some of the ugliness, it's actually refreshing to see a film take a side instead of straddling the line.

If I'm deriving value from Bordwell's work, then I think that's a net positive for me. Perhaps it isn't up to your standards, but thank goodness I don't live my life trying to measure up to whatever yardstick you've arbitrarily held up.

If you want to remain a simpleton, remain one. Just know your place on the collective ladder.

>seeks to entertain among its desires to preach for a better and more unified human race
Life is entertainment for those doomed for failure.

this is better than d.w. griffith
youtube.com/watch?v=DYlc4T8dxqA

Bruce you love Griffith

Yes, I think I will give your hypothetical ladder precisely the amount of respect and consideration it deserves. Feel free to reply once you've written something with one-tenth the substance of one of his lesser blog posts!