Why did Odin and Aggamotto bring Infinty Stones to Earth?

Why did Odin and Aggamotto bring Infinty Stones to Earth?

Also why did the Celestials just leave one hanging around on somebumfuck temple.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Entropy_(Earth-616)
youtu.be/wISs5vEIej8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>why did the Celestials just leave one hanging around on somebumfuck temple.
dude.. it is like a phylactery. You start out with tons of ideas and then carry them out.
In the end you are certain that the other ones are more than enough to protect your phylactery so you just go "I'll place it somewhere remote where nobody ever comes"

Earth is a backwards forgotten planet. They just assume nobody will look there.

"Look at those weirdos. Their women isn't even a primary color!"

But the tesseract was literally odins crown jewel. who leaves that shit behind

"Lets place one of the infinity stones.. at Asgard"
"Asgard? Nobody believes in old nordic lore brah.."
"And that's why it is perfect.. Nobody would think to look at a mythological place"

Meanwhile in Asgard
"Yo.. where did this blue brick come from? Well.. back to Midgard you go!"
*Odin throws the tesseract back into midgard somewhere where some random monks find it and start worshipping it as a gift of the gods*

Why did Thanos willingly give up the mind stone? Unless his plan relies on all of them ending up on earth

He didn't, his advisor did.

I don't doubt the Russos make it an elaborate keikaku to justify Whedon's retcon, though.

Gotta spend stones to make stones

in all honesty I think Thanos is going for the long term plan.
Do you want to collect super stones with magical powers if you have to travel the entire known universe? Or do you masterplan it so that all the mcguffins are at one place?

>When Peter Quill enters the Temple Vault to retrieve the orb on Morag early in the film, there is a mural on the floor depicting four people around six colored stones. Fans who dig into the book "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Art of the Movie" can learn that the four people are, in fact, the four Cosmic Entities who created the stones: Eternity, Infinity, Death, and Entropy.
Are we going to see them in Infinity War?

He'd leave it behind if he had a need to hide it somewhere.

Mind Stone/Tesseract I assumed got lost on Earth in one of Asgard's many wars

Reality Stone/Aether has been stated to be used by the Dark Elves and Bor hid it in an alternate dimension.

Power Stone/Orb was locked up on some alien planet

Mind Stone/Scepter was found by Thanos

Time Stone/Eye of Agamotto probably fell to Earth a long time ago and Agamotto himself found it.

>He didn't, his advisor did.

Actually, it was Thanos. The other has two thumbs on each hand. The person who handed Loki the the Scepter had one on each hand.

It could be that the Scepter was just on loan. And he probably didn't tell Loki it had an infinity stone so he'd be less likely to want to hold onto it.

Where's the Soul Gem?

We'll find out in Thor: Ragnarok since it's supposed to be the mcguffin of that movie.

Underrated af

Agamotto's mum gave it to him.

"Use it to fuck up my naughty brothers", she didn't say.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I think Odin left the Tesseract there to guard it/keep it safe from his enemies. Who knows.

I am bothered by the idea that someone left the Eye there as well, though. 2 Infinity Stones on some backward ass planet? That's too much. I just assume that Aggamotto plucked it out of some alternate reality during one of his many forays into the multiverse. Just so long as it wasn't intentionally left on Earth in the first place.

Same reason I left that loaded gun in the maternity ward. Babies can't use guns, stupid.

Given the Scepter resulted in Scarlet Witch and Vision, Thanos is either a fucking clown, or his "advisor" wanted Scarlet Witch and Vision.

He trusted earth to be a defenseless shithole and for Loki to easily bring the space stone back by loaning him the mind stone. I don't see why this is a hard concept for people to get all these years later.

Agamoto's mum, Oshtur, travelled the cosmos while her brother's were fucking shit up on Earth.

That's a continuity error. It's still The Other.

Is it too much to hope for sneaky cheeky trolling Elder God fuckery?

The Other flat-out bullshitted him.

Thanos believed it because he's too lazy to get out of his fucking chair.

Mjolnir maybe? It does have the power to determine if you're worth of wielding it.

>Why did Odin and Aggamotto bring Infinty Stones to Earth?
Perhaps because Asgardians have a way to access it if they need to protect it, but it's not as obvious as putting it on display on your treasure room.
The Time Gem, I wonder if Odin and company even knew it was there. In Doctor Strange's post credits scene, was Thor really surprised "Earth has wizards now" when they've existed for apparently thousands of years? Because if so, they've been even more stealthy than we thought.

I'd say it's with Adam Warlock but who knows.

>as Thor really surprised "Earth has wizards now" when they've existed for apparently thousands of years? Because if so, they've been even more stealthy than we thought.
> existed for apparently thousands of years

Having the Time Gem may mean that isn't... exactly the case?

>Entropy

I thought the main cosmic power-houses of Marvel were Infinity, Eternity, Death, and OBLIVION as the 4th (with Galactus serving as a central figure between the 4). Who's Entropy?

Huh. I didn't think of it like that. What I really know is if Agamotto is supposed to be a godlike being or a human sorcerer in this, and if it's the second one, how he got a hold of the Time Gem on Earth at all.

I guess a less important cosmic entity that's gotten a boost for the MCU version
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Entropy_(Earth-616)

>"Asgard? Nobody believes in old nordic lore brah.."

Are the Celestials /fit/ now?

>brehs.....

"Earth has wizards now?"

> Director of Ragnarok said he ignored stuff...uh oh.

>Why did Thanos willingly give up the mind stone?
>says nothing about doing the same thing with the strength stone
Let's be real here.

I've been assuming that the Soul Stone is on earth and forcing the Universe to bring the other five towards it.

Maybe crashed into Wakanda and that's what gave them Vibranium and the mystical ancestor's power herbs.

Also imbued the niggers with the power of the funk.

5 down
1 to go

Because Earth is the center of the DC universe.

didnt it spell thanos out?

what is the eye supposed to be called that is H or N

>>Mind Stone/Tesseract
Space Stone actually.

There is a pretty good reason why the Infinity Stones always end up on Earth.

THOR: The Nine Realms travel within Yggdrasil, orbiting Midgard in much the way your planets orbits the sun. Every five thousand years the worlds align perfectly, and we call this the Convergence. During this time the borders between worlds become blurred. It’s possible you found one of these points. We are lucky that it remained open. Once the worlds pass out of alignment, the connection is lost.

ERIK SELVIG: The universe rotates on a five thousand year cycle, and once a cycle, all the worlds align.

Earth is the center of the universe and this why it is a damn weirdness magnet. Frost giants, Dark Elves, Asgardians even Dormamuu know it is the most strategically important planet in the universe that can be a beachhead to conquer the rest of it. The local galaxy know of it as a backwater planet called Terra, made off limits by the Asgardians. Xandar only knows that guy Star Lord comes from there. The Kree only know they conducted an Inhuman experiment there once with the majority not knowing it worked where everywhere else it was tried failed. Yeah it is easy for Humans to get super powers.

Better be soon, I was disappointed none were mentioned in Dr Strange, especially Eternity

That figure in the upper right looks like the Inbetweener, and he was one of the guys Thanos shook down for a gem.

That's actually a good point. In Guardians they showed that an ordinary being gets annihilated by touching an Infinity Stone. So without some kind of go-between like magic medallions or crack-pot Nazi science, the stones would be useless and effectively death traps to anyone who wanted to use them.

Unless you're Wanda.

youtu.be/wISs5vEIej8 Cool dude

Like I said, >crack-pot Nazi science.

>DC universe

Earth is the epicenter of the nine realms, which is essentially a local cluster of planets on some higher-than-3 spatial dimension. That may or may not be significant, it could be the center of the universe along those dimensions, or structures like Yggdrasil could be as common as galaxies.

Either way MCU Earth is not quite backwater.

Regardless of who made the final call (probably Thanos), the Other was clearly surprised at the capability of Earth to fight back. They took Earth for an easy victory and were first aware that to go up against Earth's mightiest heroes was to "court death" after the failed invasion.

Thanos figured that the mind stone would be an effective force multiplier in getting him the space stone, and given the information he had at the time, he was pretty much right to make that call.

In 616 Entropy is one of the Children of Eternity and part of the Friendless.

Please note the Abstracts don't always have the same role in all universes. Hell, Ultimate Eternity wasn't even self-aware!

Most likely, Earth-MCU is part of a multiversal cluster where Entropy fits the role that the avatar of Oblivion fits in 616.

In 616 Entropy is one of the Children of Eternity and part of the Friendless.

Please note the Abstracts don't always have the same role in all universes. Hell, Ultimate Eternity wasn't even self-aware!

Most likely, Earth-MCU is part of a multiversal cluster where Entropy fits the role that the avatar of Oblivion fits in 616.

>Yeah it is easy for Humans to get super powers.
Blame the Celestials.

>Those in the know understand Earth is far more important than it seems
Interesting.