It's been 6 years, when will the freelance police return?

it's been 6 years, when will the freelance police return?

When Steve stops making Pixar money and Telltale stop making outsourced franchise money.

how busy is Steve can't he spare a couple minutes to write a new ongoing comic book series.

Never ever

I prefer if TellTale never touches Sam & Max again.

The least I need is all those new people turning it into a "muh choices" game.

Surely if they made another Sam and Max they could go back to their old style.

Sam & Max is an example of a franchise that's been exploited pretty thoroughly.

AAA comics
AAA adventure game
B- cartoon
C- new adventure games

There's no point in resurrecting them if the quality is just going to dip further.

Does Disney own it now?

Then never.

The old people are still around and know exactly how Sam & Max needs to be done. They know that when it comes to big choices, it's not about choosing to spare the villain, but instead about choosing whether to beat him senseless now or tie him up, bring him to jail, and THEN beat him senseless.

Muh choices game?

I assume that user means games like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, where your choices determine
WHETHER SOMEONE LIVES... OR DIES...

Sam and Max is more about out of the box puzzles, amazing humor, and general protection of the law through sociopathic justice.
While I did enjoy TWD immensely, I prefer Sam and Max as they are and wouldn't want it to be more like that.

I'm not sure how telltale would do at another shot, I really liked season 1 and 2 but season 3 got really edgy and over the top in a less comedic way.

Now I want a S&M game that parodies the "your choices matter" thing

I actually loved season 3, it was probably my favorite of the three.

Should you spare his life?

>No
"Max: Exactly what I was thinking!" *mauls him*

>Yes
Max: Well, I could do that... OR... *mauls him*

>Max will not remember that

Most likely never. Telltale make their money from shitting out adventure games based on as many big franchises as they can.
Most people who play Telltale's games these days have no idea what a "Sam & Max" is.

This got a smirk out of me.

God, he has the face of a child being told that Santa doesn't exist.

>"Sam, quick, you have to choose between saving wench A or wench B from certain death-by-crocodile! Hurry, or they'll both die!"
>It turns out to be a carnival game, and the wenches and crocodiles are just props
>Sam is still sweating while dramatic music plays, the camera zooming at various angles towards his face
>Time limit is 999999 seconds
>Pressing either button causes both to "die"
>You can just walk away, resulting in Sam gladly walking away from the carnival booth that turns out to have a broken AC and a radio that's stuck on the dramatic music station

Remember the good times

You crack me up lil' buddy.

Just crack my shit up, little buddy

Honestly, a lot of Muh Choices games play just like that anyways. You just get an extra shitty line of dialogue if you choose one option over another.

muh choices are limited in Muh Choices.

>Max will remember that, until the thought floats out of his insect-like consciousness in six seconds.
Six seconds later.
>Max forgot that.

I really found the humor of the TellTale games to be pretty-watered down, not to mention the games looked like ass.

Patience is a sharp razor to swallow, OP.

You guys still have your S&M comics?