Apologize

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting#Examples
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>earnings cucks

ENOUGH

GO TALK ABOUT THIS ON /BIZ/

i'm sorry

Why are so many people suddenly talking about this movie. Sounds like a bunch of shills to me.

It's a good movie. Hopefully it will result in more rated R horror movies etc. etc.

I would have thought so too but it's gonna make 100 million so it's probably something more than shilling.

How the fuck is it so popular? King movies never make that much money.

It had a really good marketing last year with the "spooky clown" meme that media reported and people bought and went out dressed like clowns.

>suddenly
It's been one of the most talked about movies of the year among normies since the first trailer dropped.

I'm not some jew faggot so I don't care how much money films make
I want to watch good films end of story
People didn't go see this because it's good, they saw it because they recognised the name
All this means is people are fucking stupid

But this wasn't in it

So, what horror movies are they gonna remake now that this is such a big hit?

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

It's not a hit because it's a remake. It's a hit because of Stranger Things.

There are classic horror movies that DON'T have remakes?

>biz
>talking about fiat money

laughinggirls.jpg

this x infinity. stranger things started this fucking meme.

IT is not a remake anyway.

>implying conning people into believing something not real is the most important thing isn't the greatest biz of all time

Stranger Things is a very important work. It reminded me of IT a lot.

It's a hit because horror movies and 80s nostalgia are both big right now.

yeah that's why Carrie was such a success

reddit pls go

That was Rob Zombie's die hard retarded fans promoting his film 31 that came out last year, they had nothing to do with IT

Its much better

Is this the "without adjusting for inflation" figure that the shills were parading around yesterday?

Rob Zombie's movies are shit

he compounds that further with having the same shitty cast members and types of characters in the movies

this. the studio pushed the first trailer really, really hard on facebook and normies went for it. tons of normies who don't care for genre flicks or horror are all over it because they remember the original TV miniseries from when they were kids. it's a perfect storm of normie nostalgia and clever media saturation.

>It's a hit because of Stranger Things.
no, sweetie. stranger things is a hit for the same reason why it is a hit: peak 80ies nostalgia.

>How the fuck is it so popular?
Because I read the book and now it's one of my all time favorite stories

Yeah but that didn't stop his retarded followers from dressing up as clowns and harrassing people to hype his movie up, which still flopped

I don't even know what stranger things is

but its a meme and I hate memes, so I hate stranger things

It's funny the lengths you will go to fit in

Jews > neckbeards

How is being my natural self "fitting in"?

Dumb shill cocksucker. You are the reason why I hate popular things

Derryverse expanded Kingomatic Shared extended Filmic Horrorverse when?

Still hasn't turned a profit.

redpill me on It

I enjoyed it and don't regret it, but the trailer set the movie up to be one of the best horror movies ever, but I feel a bit empty

there wasn't any twists or anything particularly creepy. I haven't read the books but I watched the first episode of the mini series, and I don't remember there being a love triangle, was that in the books?

Where's the fucking CAM

Nostalgia.

just post the stupid jig already

To start off, I'm an oldfag. As in, I read It when the book was first published (as a kid, I read all the Stephen King books I could get my hands on), and watched the miniseries on TV when it first came out. I also have a moderately severe case of coulrophobia which I have been forcing myself to try and get over my whole life.
So, my adult son talked me into going to see IT with him last night ("it'll be good for you!", little bastard). I can absolutely see why it's having such a huge opening weekend. Not only is it terrifying, but the kids stories are well told, their relationships are well developed, and the costume designer and set designer should get an award. They nailed the late 80s better than any modern movie I've seen in years. The yellow shirt with wildlife on it that the fat kid wears - I owned that exact same shirt when I was a kid. It really was a good movie. That said, I was freaked the fuck right out, and was embarrassed because it's the first time I've screamed in a theater since I was a kid. Chapter 2? Fuck you.

I gotchu

The movie is not bad, but it has a some major hack writing

>all side characters are stupid/evil/bad in order to make the main characters look good. That includes parents, schoolmates, bullies, teachers/librarians etc
>we jump from jumpscare to jumpscare without any story developed in the meantime
>the kids go kill bill on the clown

uh oh

HAHAHAHA YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS

>IT needs 3 quintillion dollars in gold pressed latium on the first 24 hours domestically to break even.

I forget that Disney is the only film distributor who matches marketing money with the film budget.

Remember the report earlier in the week that Hollywood was blaming RT for low sales? Yet they made record profits off of capeshit and shitty remakes like this.

The media and hollywood accounting is so funny

>Stephen King script
>has hack writing
WOW WHAT A SURPRISE!

Yes, believe it or not, it's a faithful adaptation.

>Still hasn't turned a profit.
Never will, like any other Hollywood movie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting#Examples

yeah let's talk about memecoins

spending our parent's electric bill to mine dat 8 cents this month

all side characters are stupid/evil/bad in order to make the main characters look good. That includes parents, schoolmates, bullies, teachers/librarians etc

That's not the film team's fault; that's Stephen King in general. His villains and side characters have always been ridiculously over the top. His religious nuts are even worse.

>he keeps posting
HAHAHAHAHAH

Success is measured in money.

People get a sense for quality, too. And heart. Plenty of shit is marketed hard and no one pays attention.

I'm with you. The chapter two thing was well played. Got a great reaction here in DFW.

It's strongly implied that the adults being shitty is also partly due to Pennywise's influence.

The same TV show that has Pennywise tell Henry to kill his dad is also playing in the background in some of the scenes with Bev's father and so on.

I think the book is even less subtle about it.