Is this any good?

Is this any good?

Hard to tell just from the first season since it was just layering mystery upon mystery with no resolutions to anything. They are obviously going for a story that spans multiple seasons to replace GoT but that format really doesn't work with TV shows.
I'm gonna give it another season to get good before I give up on it

>I'm gonna give it another season to get good before I give up on it

it's just going to be more of the same nolan esque twisty crap. that's pretty much all he does

Sounds more like Lost than GoT from your description

There is a really god three hour movie in there, shame about it.

I watched the pilot and couldn't figure out how they're gonna make that fake world believable. It's just like toys in a sandbox.

The western stuff is great. The wanna be Dharma stuff is tedious.

It keeps trying to build up to something epic, but the payoff is rather mediocre in the end.
Gets very repetitive with those western scenes. I could not give it a second viewing.

since the whole concept is "robots who are indistinguishable from humans", the twists become really predictable. it's either X was Y all along, or X was always a robot.

It's good and it's nothing like Lost. There is a lot of mystery but it actually get explained and resolved. The show revolves various plotlines intertwined the first couple of episodes don't make a lot of sense. Christopher Nolan actually has nothing to do with this, it's his more talented and underrated brother Jonathan who is the co-creator and writer.

>actually get explained and resolved

It was more boring than i expected.! I forced myself to watch 8 episodes and I regret it.

But it does. The problems that are set early in the season get resolved in the endthe timelines, who is Arnold and what is Ford's end goal

>"Things get progressively more depraved the farther out you go"
>characters make a point to go out as far as possible
>still standard western world

Maybe it's from years of browsing /d/ but if I where finding that I would want my money back

The timelines were resolved but that was barely a major plotpoint and they won't be able to rely on that gimmick next season, we also still have no idea what Ford is doing at all

It was fun shitting on it during the live threads. I'll keep watching for the memes alone.

It's bit boring to be honest. I gave it a shot and watched 8 episodes but it neither entertained nor intrigued me enough to get me hooked.

The timelines were a major plot point because the audiences assume the event are happening chronologically but the characters are doing strange things, as for Ford we're getting a pretty close idea of his plans. Arnold didn't want to open the park because he felt that the robots were developing a consciousness, Ford just wanted to tell stories much like a child playing with cowboy toys. The whole season is about Dolores developing a consciousness as she solves the maze, when Ford sees this he sets them free and tells his last story, his magnum opus which will be season 2

I liked it because it was very straight forward.

Sup Forums basically spelled out the entire show within the first few episodes which isn't to say the show is predictable, more that it went the very safe, logical route well, except for the shrink rays.

I think that it's worth a watch, but the real meat of the show will probably turn up in the later seasons.

Oh and if you haven't watched the original film, maybe skip it till after you finish season 1.

I wouldn't say the timelines were that big of a deal, considering that the main plot is about the current events, spending so much time on the backstory of one character was just a way to pad time and add more 'mystery' to trick you into thinking something was happening. Unless William turns out to be way more important than we think, there was really no reason to spend half a season on his backstory to the detriment of everything else.

And as for Ford's plan, I'm still not even sure if he's dead at all. The comment about host's handshakes followed by a close shot of Fords hand before he died was obviously meant to imply that Ford faked his death using a host. And I'm also not convinced that Dolores is even conscious yet

It's essential normiecore

it is unironic kino and people who say otherwise are contrarians

The pilot alone could be its own film.

Why did Arnold have Delores kill the hosts then?

Seems like it was in Ford's plan to have Delores kill him and the guests.

The premise is too ridiculous for me to keep watching. I tried a few episodes but gave up.

Literally every mystery was resolved

It's good, more so because of the thematic elements. The plot gets messy

I enjoyed it but watch it all together. They over play the mystery. I will not go into the twist but I not getting misinformation in shows to make for a twist. Lots of HBO sex/nudes, which to bme if you going there just show it and not do the just show a butt.

robots in a giant park is a dumb idea. How fucking big is this park that you can fit so much shit in it?

Also the characters were boring as fuck. I never really understood what the end game of hannibal was, but in the end its still a fucking theme park with robots.

This. The conversations I had with normies about this show were quite funny. Not a single one of these normies knew that Westworld was originally a movie from the 70s, and the only reason they watched it was because it was the "in" thing and currently "hip".

Where do you live? I live almost in the deep south and people here just like Walking Dead.

No. It's boring and pseudo-intellectual but the people making it clearly think they're geniuses.

People who use "normie" unironically sound fucking dumb and their opinion is immediately discarded.

I'd guess that not a single "normie" knows that The Walking Dead is based on a comic book either.

It's entertaining and that's it. I watched it for Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins basically and got what I came for. It is not the best tv series ever despite what some mongoloids like to pretend.

It didn't seem like anything to me.

Are you kidding? Comics are in now because of nerd/geek culture.

So what, fucktard

You think these normies have actually read the comics? You're more delusional than I thought

>How fucking big is this park that you can fit so much shit in it?

Yeah I'm still quite confused about the physics of the whole thing. It's underground but yet they have a sky and a sun and a sea coast? Did I miss something?

Who gives a shit if they know there was a movie 40 years ago? How would that possibly impact their enjoyment or understanding of the show, you pretentious fuckwit?

second most reddit show after stranger things

I hated the whole storyline of that black woman who manipulated the workers in real life

Shit was horrible

Like the show but Agreed - I have to put all down the one dude thought they were real "people" . Otherwise she would have her INT lower to newborn and taken apart. They could at any time remove her knowing about them

I guess you missed the shrink ray scene

underated

SUppose its not that outlandish, could be set say 100 years from now with heavily advanced tech. Building a dome underground isn't exactly that outlandish

>manipulated the workers in real life

She didn't manipulate them, I don't get why people don't understand this. The asian guy wanted her out. They even put a symbolic scene of him playing with a robot bird but it still flew over you guys' heads. No pun intended.

Very few of my friends watched WW or even knew what it was