What's the fastest you ever dropped a movie?

>be me
>huge Blade Runner fag
>new cash-in actually looks promising
>watch latest trailer
>Jared Leto mentions that every great civilization was built on the backs of slaves

....aaaaannnnddd dropped

Slaves have never existed in history.

Prove me wrong.

but monkeys can't build anything, they can only pick crops at gunpoint

Society and Jews.

Jared's going to be the "Bad Guy"
and there's more Bladerunner films after this one

>....aaaaannnnddd dropped
proved that you're a fucking brainlet who thinks only blacks are slaves

go back to pol faggot

jared leto = dropped
he doesn't have to say a fucking word

The worst movie I have ever seen was robot World

And I finished....

Does that mean our current Western civilization is not great? Shit, we need some of those Middle Easterners in our countries to make more slaves.

>87564599
>Egypt
>America
>China

Not every great civ but there's a few good ones that were built with slaves

>Blade Runner sequel releases
>a billion dollars worldwide
>unanimous critical and public praise
>OP impotently floods Sup Forums with screencaps of alt-right fake news tweets and pics of toy shelves to prove it's a flop

Guardians of the Memexy, left after the first quip.

Don't pretend blacks aren't what Jared means, you shitfaggot.

I can't. No one has any factual proof that any race ever owned slaves. Sure if they mean "slaves" like oh god I'm such a slave at walmart.

All you've proven is you're suffering from more white guilt than anyone in this fucking thread. What's worse is you're in deep denial about it like one of those deep in-the-closet "homophobic" conservatives that gets caught blowing a guy in a bus station.

Liberals seem to not want to consider serfs as slaves so he is wrong if he's using the liberal cuckold definition of slavery.

And black slavery was the foundation of the American economy, making it competitive on the international market.

You understand that Leto's character makes slaves, right? He's literally pro-slavery.

>America was built on cotton

>black slavery the foundation of the American economy

This is what liberals actually believe.
This is why you guys have enough white guilt to suck off any black guy you see.

Kys

I'm a liberal because I believe a rigid caste system is necessary for an economy to grow. Okay.

t. a nigger trying to pretend like he was useful at any point of American history

So we should bring back slavery? Sounds good to me!

I interpreted your post as saying that slavery was the worst thing to ever happen to those poor black people who literally built the American economy at the time (not true). My apologies user.

>American economy
not really, majority of the usa wasn't dependent on slavery and mostly just used by the southern states to keep up with the north and only like 25% of southern plantation owners used slavery in the first place

He's actually right though. Compare the english/american colonies to the french colonies. The french were never as big into slavery and so despite having a huge territory footprint wise, they didn't have enough people to work that land.
When we started adding states to the country we started having debates on if they should be free states, or slave states. Not so much because anyone gave a fuck about abolition, as it was because an independent farmer who couldn't afford a bunch of slaves can't compete with a big plantation that has an army of slave labor. Making those states free states meant that you had better employment opportunities because the market wasn't undercut by forced labor.
Slaver in america, conveniently enough, went out of style when it stopped being economically advantageous.

why did all those guys shoot each other to keep black people as slaves then

Probably not, it's very economically inefficient. It's a good way to get your civilisation set up, but is a major drag on productivity once your economy really gets going. The Romans for example knew about the principle of steam power, but never made the conceptual leap necessary to but it into practice as a power source because they had more than enough slaves to do all the menial manpower intensive work. When your labour pool is virtually bottomless and free then there's little incentive to innovate, especially with regards to energy and labour saving devices.

>only like 25% of southern plantation owners used slavery in the first place
Right, but what was the output of that 25%. While the north was the economic and industrial heart of the nation, what we traded over seas were things like textiles.
One of the fears the union had in the civil war was that the english were going to back the confederates for access to their cotton.

this

because they'd been losing power over a long time and were struggling to keep up with the north, and the slavery issue wasn't even brought up until the third year of the civil war with the emancipation proclamation that was meant as a direct threat towards the southern states

>cotton was the only crop

Tobacco buried cotton as an export. Indigo too, probably.

cotton was also threatened by hemp

Knocked Deadpool off after about 5 minutes, could tell I would hate it.

Dude. Did you know weed is only illegal because of the Dupont family?
If I'm not mistaken most hemp production went in to rope and canvass, while cotton was used for clothing.
Can you imagine trying on a cotton shirt after a lifetime of only knowing wool? Probably felt like fucking witchcraft.

>only like 25% of southern plantation owners used slavery in the first place

That's like saying money doesn't matter because only 1% of the population owns 90% of it.

but money literally don't matter

>Character makes statement
>It must be true

He isn't though. Slavery was useful, but not a necessity. America lost only 5% of its GDP which it quickly regained in the following year after abolishing slavery so slavery didn't, in fact, impact the economy all that much. Slavery was used because it was a faster way to develop a land and also because the people that owned the slaves didn't want to work on said land. And there were not enough people to employ as not every European wanted to migrate to the Americas back then.

So in short it was a faster way to develop a land, but it was not really necessary. Slavery didn't build America, it was the European colonizers who did. Slaves were doing what they did best - labour.

Poor stupid pol fucks. Wasting a Sunday throwing shit at movies instead of necking themselves.

whoa that's deep man, thanks for posting

WE'RE ALL SLAVES TO THE FREE MARKET COMRADE

Why should we neck ourselves when we can neck people like you instead?

It's stupid logic, slaves don't build shit unless you think the cow pulling the plow built the farm. I get it's a way to make descendants of slaves feel important but slaves were only as useful as the owner directing them. Personally I think slavery should make a come back because I would probably be better off as a slave. Think about it, we could have a Sup Forums movie night on the plantation after working the fields all day.

Money doesn't matter though you capitalist piggu

>doubting /ourguy/

This is the most retarded attempt at an analogy ever.

How? The cow didn't build the farm, he just does what the farmer said much like a slave. At least explain how it's wrong brainlette

i didn't even like the old blade runner because they deviated way too far from the original source material. it looks like this movie will be the same

>/ourguy/
This is Sup Forums not imdb or /r/movies you entry level drone

Shut up bigot. The cows were more important to building Western civilization than white people are.

I didn't like the original either, I thought it was dull as hell and overrated. Never read the book though.

>Slaver in america, conveniently enough, went out of style when it stopped being economically advantageous.

Slavery was only "economically advantageous" to a small portion of the population; even then, it would've been cheaper for them to hire cheap labor since they wouldn't have the extra costs of housing/maintaining slaves.

Slaves were not this magical powerhouse that people wish they were.

Kek whatever you say cow

People tend to think slave owners just let their slaves wallow in filth and die left and right. Nobody seems to understand that slaves were expensive and cost a fuck ton of money to feed and take care of. Illegal Mexican laborers are cheaper than slaves.

>his movies are generally well-received by normal people so they must be plebshit
>ignoring his mastery of tension, aesthetic narrative and his exploration of motivation and cause instead of just effect

It's literal truth. Anyone so eternally ass-ravaged as to construe every mention of slavery THROUGHOUT FUCKING HISTORY to be specifically referring to niggers is the epitome of a self-conscious cracker hiding his guilt behind his "righteous" indignation.

Egypt was built on slavery. Babylon was built on slavery. The Persian Empire was built on slavery. So we're the Greeks, the Romans, and the Mongols. The Holy Roman Empire relied on feudalism and serfdom, which was pretty much just slavery by a different name. Then there's all the empires further east to consider. All of those civilizations endured for hundreds if not thousands of years. America and its history of slavery hasn't even lasted three centuries yet, so even assuming he was talking about us in the first place is so tragically devoid of an awareness of history that it's a little sickening.

The character being quoted literally produces slaves for a living. He's not advocating for the important contributions of slaves, he's advocating for the existence of slavery. In your analogy, he himself would be a cow rancher. Most cow ranchers probably believe that the existence of livestock (and agriculture and general) was important to the development of the human race.

Here is my awesome impression of you:

>Did someone suggest that the existence of black people might have brought some tangible benefit to some aspect of the world? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm not even going to take the two seconds necessary to understand the context!

Why do you faggots from Sup Forums get triggered to easily?

actually, there is no connection between the illegalization of marijuana and DuPont, the reason why marijuana became illegal was because it was a prohibition aimed directly at minorities, just like with the previous prohibitions like opium because they were popular among chinese immigrants and was mainly to cause an annoyance rather than to protect
the same thing happened with cocaine, only the prohibition was made because it credited as being "the direct incentive to the crime of rape by the negroes"
it was also the same with the alcohol prohibition in that it was largely thought that alcohol abuse was something normal among italians, russian jews, polacks, irish, germans, pretty much every minority that was seen as "unassimilable people"
prohibitionalism have always been the political strength of the fundamentalist christians
and these people pressured factory owners, like DuPont, to require that workers were abstinent, and when they've managed to prohibit alcohol, prohibiting cannabis was very easy as it was still unknown at the time and the prohibition was only motivated because it was popular among mexican immigrants and blacks

tl,dr: the illegalization of marijuana was caused by puritans and not Dupont himself as an act to make things hard on mexican immigrants and niggers

tv is pretty much redit now that redit is pretty much tumblr

Nothing you said changes what I said, all you did was move the goal posts. Slaves didn't build anything, cows don't build farms.

Cool, slaves didn't build shit though, they just did what they were instructed to do.

Autism. Got it. Hiro should tag you guys. After you're done replying to this post, got look up "build" in the dictionary.

See

>cows don't build farms
Checkmate athiests

You're not much good with metaphor, are you?

he looks like a 21 year old hipster. they expect us to take him seriously as a villain? it's so fucking cringey. i hate whoever was responsible for casting him. it was probably a board of directors

that sounds like an argument in favour of slavery, honestly

With modern industry you don't really need slaves anymore since we've eliminated so much labor with automation and scientific engineering of the workplace. The stuff you can't automate you just pay someone pennies on the dollar to do for you.
Slaves are very useful for a very specific time and place in a civilizations development, but they tend to become huge pains in the ass later.

>tsunambee
>y'mo wuchi be errry tig o fyah
it was about 5 mins in

>we could have a Sup Forums movie night on the plantation after working the fields all day.
count me in, user

Not an argument.

It's obvious you're a cow

Leto is like black people, he doesn't age. It's weird.

almost as if the point they're making is that technology is functioning as our slave.. woah.. the word robot means slave

>What's the fastest you've been triggered by a movie?

Robot come from the Latin word Róë which means Shiny and Bóté which means nigger. Shinnyniggers are the future

From Czech robot, from robota (“drudgery, servitude”).

>czechs also built a golem
hitler was right to annex you

That's just what (((they))) want you to think until shiny niggers are everywhere and it's too late

we are all slaves

i dropped that one even faster - the moment i saw a spic in the trailer. not even joking famalam.

>2017
>remaking a classic

Expecting and hoping it will be good in this generation

>kek

America wasn't build by slaves faggot

Sandniggers literally invented slavery

>Confederate Economy more like

this
I think america only had slaves for its first century, and the very next century is where we see America turn into a superpower.

vikings too had slaves.

>No source
Kys fag

>Vikings
>a great civilisation
lol

To the the American Civil War, our nation's bloodiest war with over 500,000 casualities was fought over the abolition of a slave economy that only cost America
>5%
of it's GDP.

You've got to be full retard to believe that bullshit.

>inb4 state's rights

Read the Cornerstone Speech. It lays out that slavery was the central issue for the Confederacy's secession.

Vikings pushed feminism before it was popular.

When Captain American said "there's only one God", I literally screamed out loud at the theater that there is no god and threw my popcorn as some little kids sitting in front of me then walked out.

>every great civilization was built on the backs of slaves
but that is objectively true you dumb drone

I pulled out my ak and forced everyone in the theater to convert to Islam

>Jared Leto mentions that every great civilization was built on the backs of slaves

100% true. Not the "modern slacery of Africans". Were talking prehistoric slavery, Medditerranean slavery, migration period slavery, Middle Eastern slavery, medieval fiefdoms, Indian castes, Japanese Samurai vs farmer, European colonization...

Its 100% true. Just because you cant come to terms with blacks being bitchy about having been slaves, doesnt mean its not true.

In any case I gotchu senpai.

No it's not

Next thing youll try to convince us that Rome wasnt built by slaves.

pretty sure he meant the nietzschean idea of slave

yeah? name some great civilisations that used no cheap workforce

Slave labor was used to construct it but slaves didn't build Rome into the Empire it was. Slaves made absolutely no decisions on their own, they only took orders. Just because someone works at pizza hut doesn't mean they created the franchise.