Now that the dust has settled, who did it better?

Now that the dust has settled, who did it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oKManp7sjqM
youtu.be/WgCpvoj1aKk
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=DeFDFJNJ-c8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Left is the kind of image that actually shows up in nightmares.
Right is just LONG POINTY TEEF DURRR

The one that doesn't make me laugh

>"Lucky shill bastard

Curry the better clown, The movie is the better of the two though.

Right one looks too Hollywoodian

Right is funnier.
Right is also scarier
Right also got the character accurately
Right also could move around without a wheelchair

Right is trying too hard to be scary and looks like a photoshop anyone could knock up in a couple of minutes

Left is fucking hideous and makes me think of alcoholic crack head teeth so is scary even before you acknowledge that its an evil clown.

Dubs on dubs

Curry all the way. The movie version of Pennywise was just this force of nature that would appear and wreak havoc for a period of time. You didn't really feel his effects once he was off the screen. Curry was very personal with his dialog and due to the budget constraints of the original he needed his personality to be what instilled fear in the heroes as well as the audience.

The Jew in its true form

Curry, his wasn't as scary but I still liked it more. Curry was the wholesome penny wise.

Tim Curry, he's literally the only reason to watch that movie.

Skargard but Tim Curry is scarier than ever

I wonder if you just post dumb shit for attention.

Skarsgard

Um, sweetie, Pennywise isn't meant to be funny.

>Curry was the wholesome pennywise
but thats wrong you yoyo

This can't be how Tim Curry looks right now. I refuse to believe it.

Does anybody have the gif of him dancing, best scene in the whole movie desu

Right is objectively better. Fits how Pennywise is described also
Anyone who thinks Curry was better is basing it off of pure nostalgia. Watched the old one before seeing the new one, and Curry was really hamming it up. He wasn't intimidating at all, just laughable

>right now

youtu.be/oKManp7sjqM

we all get old and feeble

the scene that right is from is pretty scary though

Tim Curry was more goofier and more Clownish. Scarsgard was scarier and more visually interesting, his scares were more about the psychology of the victim and less DUDE BALLOONS FILLED WITH BLOOD LMAO. I liked Curry's colorful costume better though. They're equally fantastic performances.

Right
Left is for nostalgia loving redditors

Getting old and getting a stroke is two vastly different things.

Tim Curry is scarier. Thats just because the new movie has too many jump scares that have no effect on me. I would have liked more scenes where Pennywise chewed scenery in the new one.

left is a better clown, right has a better overall movie

This. Skarsgard could also act physically too. Curry was in his 40s by that time and couldn't do much.

Kinda wish the projector scene wasn't spoiled in the trailers. Would've been the best spook in the movie if I didn't know it was coming.

I absolutely hated whenever it stabilized on his face

dissapointed he didnt do a shuck and jive or the peppermint twist

I never watched the trailers and it got me good watching in probably the loudest IMAX showing I've ever attended.

New Pennywise is better. Old Pennywise was a joke.

curry's presence was scary enough. he didn't need to get physical.

Which Pennywise would you get a blowjob from?

I saw the trailer part, but when he pops out as a fucking giant I spilled my popcorn
Curry was not scary at all. Maybe if you were a child when you watched it

Well, for me that was the best part of him. I don't know, for me it was really creepy.

You retards tricked me into seeing this, and it was shit. It is literally capeshit with jumpscares, the CG is awful, there's nothing scary in the entire movie. The only thing that could pass for frightening is how bad it is, and how much they depend on very loud noises to make the audience think they're scared. This is no different from any other shitty modern horror movie.

the fucking trailers.

They took the best scenes in the movie and put every single on in the trailer.

WHY

these scenes were amazing but so much less effective given I have already seen them.

>more about the psychology of the victim
oh shut the fuck up

>Walky talky feedback
>Not scary
Fag.

>This. Skarsgard could also act physically too.
I heard he also had to learn how to be a contortionist for that scene in the freezer, and he did an exceptional job putting himself inside it. What an actor.

yeah, it's sad

he's still a funny fucker though, watch that Q&A he did at some convention on youtube

Gonna say it again, this shit looks as bad as the GoPro scene in the Hobbit, absolute garbage

Skargard looks too fucking young as Pennywise.

>Left is the kind of image that actually shows up in nightmares.
Uh, no

watch the teeth.

even better for those who want to bone him.

The projector scene from the trailer dulled my expectations and made me think it was over before it actually was. That aftermath with Pennywise crawling out of the screen caught me off guard and terrified me a bit. It was a nicely built up jump-scare.

but this sells him all the more as a mere puppet, with the head being held up in its place, while the body just dangles around as a prop

it also didnt look scary

>with the head being held up in its place, while the body just dangles around as a prop
That would have been cool if they actually did that, but they didn't.

An extremely loud noise, probably the loudest noise in the film, suddenly blaring through the speakers in a tense scene is not "scary", it's startling. You fucking plebian shit.

he looks all the more childish, childlike yet kinda nightmarish at times, i think it works

In fairness, he is getting better. He was a lot worse right after the stroke.

He's dead, nigga.

no he isnt

somebody gets it

That file name

lmao, are your dreams as low budget as your body?

How much of that was CGI and how much was real? Because if he actually stuffed himself in that fridge then holy fuck give this man an Oscar.

yeah he learned how to twist his head around 360 degres

>having oogabooga rubber doll jumpscare dreams

are you 12

well they actually did, if you look at the dance, or even recall the fridge scene, as Penny looks straight at Eddie the whole time, while the body just cracks, turns, and whirls until it pops in its place

Only nu-males would defend 2017 It over miniseries It
Guess that's why /tveddit/ is so hellbent on sucking it's dick.

Only nostalgia loving nu-male faggots would seriously choose the miniseries over the movie

The only good thing about the original was seth green and tim curry

If liking a good movie means I'm nu male, then yea, I'm nu male

It's by no means a bad movie but the TV show is miles above in quality.

>It's by no means a bad movie but the TV show is miles above in quality.
But it really isn't.
The TV show was laughable

if by quality you really mean QUALITY then sure

When It's arms turned into spider's legs

shit sorry was meant for

it looked more like Tyranide claws.

wasnt it just a mess of dead kids arms mashed together?

>goofy flase teeth bought from a prank shop is stuff of nightmares
Lol wut.

Skarsgard only seems worse because he isnt the highlight of the film. In the new movie all the kids are excellent and the atmosphere and everything else is really outstanding. As a result Skarsgard doesnt really stand out. Tim Curry meanwhile was literally the only good part of the old one so thats why he is remembered so well.
Skarsgard is better in my opinion but he comparatively wasnt as good in his own film as Curry was in his.

Yes he is. He has comical moments in the book and in the 90s movie

One on left just looks like a faggy clown who needs to brush his teeth. One on the right looks like some sort of lovecraftian nightmare ripping out of its clown body

youtu.be/WgCpvoj1aKk

the one on the right looks like a spider

the one on the left looks like a hobo with make up

I would take the one on the right, but never watched IT, any version so honestly , I don't give a shit about this thread

*floats away*

So how is the RHPS remake, lads? Give it to me straight.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

god that hedgehog mouth was awful

like a pear cider made from 100% pears?

I wish he had the fake smile and off kiltered eyes in that scene. His mean mugging bev made it harder to sell Pennywise as a mask or a Lure.

stephen king has been shit since he stopped doing coke

Stewart pls go

there's a brief bit near the end where it charges at the black kid and slams the ground with CGI insect claws

>stephen king has been shit
Ftfy

Um, no, sweetie. Pennywise is meant to eat on fear, so there's no reason to be funny ala Curry.

Stop with your nonsense. Pennywise is supposed to look scary at all times and being funny is not scary. Try again.

ah alright, thanks for pointing it out
will look out for it the next time

If you fags don't think this 1990 movie scene is creepier than "ooga booga" jumpscare then you are retarded

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=DeFDFJNJ-c8