Tell me Sup Forums, what are some non-animated works of media (books, movies, comics, TV shows, plays, musicals, etc...

Tell me Sup Forums, what are some non-animated works of media (books, movies, comics, TV shows, plays, musicals, etc.) that you think would make great animated movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KuM_HWs1lA
youtube.com/watch?v=0G8a-_PX7Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=i5EQPFPpQAA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mfd95Lo_Ni4
youtube.com/watch?v=AZ8fKXWqHcw
youtube.com/watch?v=3D0womf-piQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chanur_novels
tor.com/2009/09/30/the-best-aliens-ever-cj-cherryhs-the-pride-of-chanur/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Life of Pi. Imagine that shit animated, the comfy oranges and blues would be a site to see. (I'm trying to think of other things, but none of them will come to mind)

THIS NIGGA GETS IT

their is a war of the worlds animated movie sort of and it was okay,

ohh but i think the destroyer men series of books might be fun alternative history, lots of naval combat and people talking in 40s lingo in a alternate earth with no native humans just enclaves of transplants from other worlds whos historys differ from the earth we know, and large battles and other fun stuff

Gianni Rodari's stories. It will be dark.

I mean musicals and animation just seem to work well together

jodorowsky's dune

You kind of already got an "animated version". Just pretend these are clips from one of those late 90s shitty CGI shows.

youtube.com/watch?v=-KuM_HWs1lA
youtube.com/watch?v=0G8a-_PX7Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=i5EQPFPpQAA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mfd95Lo_Ni4
youtube.com/watch?v=AZ8fKXWqHcw
youtube.com/watch?v=3D0womf-piQ

I'm afraid to see them try and tackle this again, I just know they're gonna try and insert modern style "humor" into it.

A lot of old novels and shit would make good animated features. With animation you don't have to struggle with the practicality of constructing whatever the author was trying to convey.

We need so much more of him.

That recent Gods of Egypt movie would've worked so much better as an animated film.

The Protomen albums would work well as animated movies.

Also, the run from Green Lantern Rebirth to Blackest Night in the animation style of Justice League would be pretty dandy

(World of)Warcraft. None of that live-action with CGI shit though.

The Gods of Pegāna or most other Lord Dunsany work really

there's this dreamlike quality to them that I think would really translate well into animation.

Now, hear me out . . .

Open your mind real wide, yeah?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chanur_novels

tor.com/2009/09/30/the-best-aliens-ever-cj-cherryhs-the-pride-of-chanur/

I've wanted a movie based on this book since I was ten.

they'd be great as a comic series

I'd cast David Kaye as Guy, Cristina Vee as Clarrise and Fred Tatasciore as Captain Beatty.