The best MST3K era was when Mike and Trace were both on at the same time

The best MST3K era was when Mike and Trace were both on at the same time.

If you disagree, fight me.

How was the new stuff?

MST3K has not aged well at all. Most of the jokes were only funny 20 years ago. Such is life.

i still watch it and it's enjoyable
i introduced it to a friend and they enjoyed it

I'd wager you and your friend are overweight and unattractive though.

I'm not saying it wasn't funny or well made. It's just that most people born after Gen X won't understand the humor.

A lot of the references can be funny without context though.

What is the appeal of this show? Its just people talking over movies.

The jokes can be funny.

Patrician taste

The movies are strange and the host and the bots say funny shit. Most episodes are sort of boring. I like to watch it in bed and doze off.

Why is Trace so underrated?

The new stuff's alright. The camel isn't a very good mad and the riffers voices are too similar during the movie for the most part but it's still enjoyable. I'm hoping they'll do more of it.

Also I prefer Joel and Trace but I can respect your decision. At least everyone is in agreement that Trace is important.

I disagree.

*throws punch that lands square on jaw and knocks you out cold*

Jokes on you, I was just pretending to be knocked down

*Jumps up and punches you in the gut*

The Mike Comedy Central years were the funniest.
The Joel years were the comfiest.
The SciFi years are just there.

sci fi years a best. i like them angry and bobo, pearl and brain guy are the dopest villains

I hate all that stuff. It goes full kids TV at that point.

Everything prior to the reboot is good, though personally I prefer the Mike years--but pretty much everyone involved was good. Lot of jokes did hinge on knowing current events/pop culture of the moment and haven't aged well, but many jokes still land.

The new series...I watched several episodes and it was just way too...self-consciously cool and hip, or rather, thinking it was.

The riffing was awful too. People reading off a script as fast as possible to make sure not a second of silence passes. And the riffs aren't as sharp and biting as they used to be, either.

Basically the new MST3K makes the Joel v. Mike debates of the past seem quaint.

Are the films in the new one good?

I kind of liked the weird 60s stuff you would get in the original series. It's a time capsule.

really? i thought the writing became much more dense and mature. my favorite thing about the scifi years is crow becoming increasingly insane and imprinting on various characters from the movies

I mostly just dislike Bobo. He was never funny. At all.

Season 3 > Any other season of MST3K

So Joel wins by default.

The first few were good, one was exceptionally creepy. One issue I have with the new series is that they spout the jokes too quickly

I liked the Joel, Doc Forrester and TV's frank series. Thats where I started anyway (Keefe)

yeah, the jokes come so frequent that it's hard to remember any one, i just remember laughing alot. try turning subs on

I can't get into Joel. I find him too laid back, Mike is better for the way he actually reacts to what's happening.

i like it when joel gets fed up and does something uncharacteristic. i once saw him rip crows arm off after he made a bad pun, does anyone know what episode that was?

>Reddit spacing

That? Oh, it's just a habit now xD

Episode 302 - Gamera.

t. MST3K encyclopedic knowledge spaz fan

>Gamera
I heard he is made from turtle meat

It was few and far between. I just don't liek him as much as mike. To watch that is, I'm sure he's a nice person.

There we alot less PC then. The reboot is very clean

For me the best era was the SciFi channel era. The new MST3K is pretty good but Rifftrax is better. Problem with Rifftrax though is it's fucking 10$ a movie.

Which movie movie did you find creepy? I have only seen the first few episodes and would like to skip some of the weaker episodes.

My problem with rifftrax is that it's not a show in the same way as MST3K. I like the little bits they do based on the film, and the characters they're playing. Rifftrax lacks that.

season three best Joel season
season eight best Mike season
fight me

The Rifftrax of Cool as Ice and Super Mario Bros. Were probably the two best things I ever watched though. The live shows are great too.

>season eight best Mike season

Gotta disagree. Season 8 is only good when it gets to 810 The Giant Spider Invasion. Before then it was a slog of bad eps.