Whay can't we make a good supperman movie!

Whay can't we make a good supperman movie!
WHy!!
how hard can it be?
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MUu4ArJyZcs?t=36s
youtube.com/watch?v=Kk4MhKpZ12I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man of Steel

Already did like 40 years ago.

Superman is a horrible character so it makes sense that all his movies are also horrible.

>Man of Steel

It's called Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut

Okay?
Don't reply to me again unless you wrote something.

Because Superman is the most boring superhero ever, completely OP except for one glaring weakness.

Which Dreamcast game is this from?

>man who can't be killed
>jumps over truck
Why?

You literally have no soul if you never watched and loved the first two Richard Donner movies as a kid.

How many times have you posted that webm? Be honest.

obligatory Henry will never be your friend post

They've already made 4 and a half good Superman movies, faggot. It's not their fault you're too retarded to understand them.

Because he can still be stunned. Just like he had been three times earlier in the movie. It was subtle, but he was essentially "leveling up" throughout the film as he kept testing his limits and not finding them. Kryptonian strength and invulnerability is at least partially born out of their own confidence.

Man of Steel is objectively the greatest superhero film of all time. What he had to do was a choice that would decide the survival of mankind.
What could've stopped Zod?

This is now a Henry Cavill thread

>still hasn't been done live action
He better have fucking pants too.

Superman is an extremely boring character.

Am I the only one who thought Superman Returns was a great superman movie?

Are you fucking retarded? He most definitely can be killed. There is no reason for him to take that hit unless he wants to give Zod a needless advantage.

He was done on Smallville. Played by Spike from Buffy.

>Man of Steel is objectively the greatest superhero film of all time
No it isn't

Holy shit, OP, you are such a fucking pleb

post more of this qt then

How would Supes standing there stop the fuel tanker from hitting the building?

>can't be killed
>literally dies in BvS
What?

This. In the late 70's they figured out the best was to tell a Superman story was to make it a strong origin story followed by him fighting really powerful bads that could kick his ass. They found the best Superman actor ever, best score, and it gave everyone back then massive feels.

Fast forward and you just can't do anything else with it that isn't a pale imitation or just a cgi-mess.

It's just a case of having done it right, against all odds, at a very campy time for movies. It's done. The character doesn't have enough to tell anything else.

I concur.

I was sad it didn't go anywhere. I think the callbacks were just a little too late to connect with the average age of the target audience, and the kid thing made it feel a little messy. But they had the right actor and it was a good movie with a few problems.

>Literally dies in BvS
He literally didn't

I thought it was a nice epilogue to the Donner films, but I also felt like it left something to be desired in a Superman movie. It was just a little bit too "Singer" for me.

That should be his motivation - a decent pair of pants.

Shit character that will never allow for a good movie. Only good for cheesy shit tv series

Um, no?
Just because dirt moved doesn't mean he dead.

Already have 2 in the last 4 years.

You mean the movie where Superman dated raped Lois and was a deadbeat father?

>In the late 70's they figured out the best was to tell a Superman story was to make it a strong origin story followed by him fighting really powerful bads that could kick his ass. They found the best Superman actor ever, best score, and it gave everyone back then massive feels.

He fought no one in that movie. Just threw a tantrum and went back in time resolving everything bad that had happened.

Can someone answer to me why everyone likes the Donner's movies when in them Superman was the most heavy handed parallel to Jesus Christ/God and he literally executed the kryptonian criminals?

You know, everything people complain about MoS.

One was directed by Zack Synder and the other wasn't.

Superman is a terrible OP character and is totally uninteresting.

he's perfect

he's a greek god

I thought it was decent

Pajeet pls go

Anyone who thinks Superman is an uninteresting character has no appreciation of irony - a man who is incredibly human but can't help come off looking like a god, a man who's incredibly aware of how not like a god he really is, stuck in a world where the only thing he can realistically hope to do is inspire humanity to better itself while not crushing the fragile wings of that particular butterfly.

Superman is a shit character who's so perfect he's boring

what's the point in watching any story involving him when you know the inevitable conclusion is "Superman wins cuz he's invincible, lol"

Why didn't he even try to stop it?

I've always had this idea of a Superman movie where he's already established in Metropolis, and the movie follows Lois for the first half as she investigates him, and treats him more like a monster in a suspenseful horror / thriller. Never quite getting a good look, never really seeing him on screen, but seeing his influence and the results of his saves, etc. Also hiding how interconnected he is with Lois, and all these subtle clues / situations where he's protecting her.

Last half can go classic Superhero movie (the turning point of the film being the "Interview" between Lois and Superman), but the focus is always seeing Superman from a human's / civilian's / Lois' POV.

His fans would sperge and hate the movie.

>Whay can't we make a good supperman movie!
Because Superman is a terrible character so obviously any movie about him will also be terrible.

You don't like the Reeves ones?

And BvS and the Superman series.

Based Snyder

>Superman will never hand you a bottle of whisky and tell you everything is going to be okay

reminds me of Lex Luthor: Men of Steel

check it out

>no appreciation of irony
doubly ironic, as snyder himself has said that irony is rampant in his filmmaking, BvS being a prime example

nostalgic escapism

>there was a time above
>there were perfect things
>diamond absolutes

"Just as planned."

Superman is shit
DC is shit
Zack Snyder is shit

>tell that to zods snapped neck

you have to ask yourselves,

why this much effort in discrediting snyder?

>City Destroying Superman learns from his past and defeats Brainiac by showing him the greatest of humanity's gifts
None of the Kryptonian clothes looked comfortable anyways.

youtu.be/MUu4ArJyZcs?t=36s

>What could've stopped Zod?
If Superman had received training from the Legion of Super-Heroes, he could have had a better use of his powers and thus had the ability to overcome Zod without killing him.

That looks like a load of bread in the thumbnail

I liked before MoS came out and there were a bunch of storytimes of Superman stories on Sup Forums

Make him a blind Paraplegic.

Or what he did in the cartoon, laser eye labatomy, could have a setup for dictator superman which flash from the future prevents, but nope.

>if something irrelevant to the story had been put in to change something that doesn't need to be changed, the story would have been different
our own country can't make up its mind about police and their use of force when taking down common criminals, but a guy killing a psychopathic mass murderer in the heat of battle is wrong for it? even while he regrets it despite having no other choice?
i'm not buying this

MoS is probably the best we are capable of.

Supes is so fucking over-powered and a mary-sue it's difficult to make a movie (that isn't zod or darkseid) where he seems like he's in actual danger, if you made the movie about a full powered supes.

No, he made the right, moral choice in that situation. I'm saying that the situation wouldn't have happened because in most iterations of the comics, he trains with the Legion as Superboy which would give him the edge he needed to win. Unfortunately, the comic Snyder drew from (Byrne's Man of Steel, 1985) didn't have that, and Superman subsequently executed Zod (which in my opinion is actually inexcusable.)

Superman is inherently a shitty story. The character is an overpowered fucking mary sue.

I don't see why some Superfags are so against Superman killing. I already hate that Batman is such a sticker in the mud. Superman's all about shouldering the responsibilities of the world and the dude grew in a farm. Sure, he'll try to avoid it because he values life, but when there's no other option i want to see putting a motherfucker or monster down.

>Man with no flaws must overcome an EVEN GREATER THREAT
Gee idk i wonder why

>superboy
>legion of superheroes

interesting trivia you got there, user. thanks for sharing
good to know the movies are true to comics focused on superman

>babies get upset because their ideallic superhero fantasy gets dipped into a tad of realism regarding a true hero that doesn't act on instinct alone but instead acts on deliberative decision making, duty, and love.

I'll never understand the "man of murder" bullshit. Faulting Superman for not being able to save everyone despite his saving an ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET while he was fighting a well trained fighter that was developing super abilities himself, it's almost imbecilic. It's ironic that these same people critique Snyder for symbolizing Superman as a Christ-like figure when they truly want Superman to not falter in the slightest and save every single living thing that could possibly be saved.

>Man of Steel is objectively the greatest superhero film of all time.

THIS

>almost imbecilic.
>almost
It's ironic that these same people critique Snyder for symbolizing Superman as a Christ-like figure when they truly want Superman to not falter in the slightest and save every single living thing that could possibly be saved

if anyone hopes to really 'argue' the merits of these movies, it revolves around this alone, BvS in particular being blasted for not presenting a pandering ideologue that says everything is fine and will always make everything alright
its troubling, and at worse horrifying that people really really want their to be some sort of higher power to take care of every little slight discomfort we humans not only experience but cause ourselves

there's a cut scene where superman searches for martha and can't find her because he can't find her amidst the noise of all the crime and suffering going on, and gets even more distressed than he was before
"we thought it was too dark"

>what we have done is create icons in our own image

This thread right now: youtube.com/watch?v=Kk4MhKpZ12I

Supperman? The guy who likes dinner?