The Wheel of Time TV series

Here's what we know so far:
>A pilot was made starring Billy Zane: youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU
>Sony has bought the rights.
>This will be a TV series, not film
>Sony Television held talks with Harriet McDougal (Robert Jordan's widow and chief executor of the Estate) and Red Eagle

Here's the text of the original announcement from 28 April 2016 in full:
>Update: Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio —Harriet

And the last official word from the Jordan Estate, made this fall:
>According to the terms of the contract, we can't say anything more about it.
>The next statement will come from the studio.

Giv Aes Sedai gf

NO. You get a Kinswoman. The fat one

pls gif Aes Sedai

Fine, you can have Daigian Moseneillin. Watch yourself though, givposter.

So how badly are they going to fuck up your favourite scene, Sup Forums?

it's just a shitty tolkien rip off

>Nynaeve figures out how to heal Logain but decides not to because men are powerful enough already

*aggressively tugs braid*

I always thought setting up the first third of The Eye of the World as a mirror of The Fellowship of the Ring was mildly brilliant given the "Wheel of Time" conceit. Implying that Tolkien's tale is a legend distorted by time, but this is what REALLY happened.

I don't remember large expanses of pale bosom in low cut silk dresses in LotR.

GoT is a ripoff of WoT and it still turned out good.
Your point is invalid.

>Rand pursues Aviendha through a Gateway into Seanchan
>is immediately arrested for stalking and harassment by Seandar police

>Shaido flood the Dragonwall
>Cairhien declares itself a sanctuary state

>No Tylin pegging Mat at knifepoint

Ebou Dar best city.

Supposedly they're using people from WoT fan communities to advise for the creation of this show. I feel that you should be Sup Forums's emissary

>Rand encounters a darkfriend merchant at a watering hole
>Waggles his finger at her and says "knock it off!"

>"Asha'man, kill!"
>The front rank of the Shaido commit suicide due to bullying

>Ingtar's speech and sacrifice at the end of the Great Hunt is cut.

How do the spokes get past the ouroboros?

Why does everyone want to ride on Rand's cock couraselle.

>where is lord ingtar?
>hes dying
man i still remember reading that for the first time. may you rest in the embrace of mother earth and all that ingtar, you were a true nigga at the end. whatever happened to hurin? i remember he was in those books sanderson wrote, but i cant really remember them too well

Lews was so good that he had people chasing his dick for three thousand years after he died.
If Rand is anywhere near that level, the only question is why there are so few

>i have won again lews therin
would wheel of time been the best series ever, had RJ not died of some stupid blood disease? mat is probably my favorite character in fiction, i love how you can watch his character change, especially after he gets cured from the dagger

IIRC he was at the last battle. I'm pretty sure he lived but I can't remember for sure.

Amyloidosis is associated with Agent Orange exposure. Had RJ not been a top killer in Vietnam, scoring over 2,500 kills as a helicopter gunner, would he have been able to write the awesome shit that he did?

I just hope the trollocs don't look too fake

based trollocsposter

>they just make them generic grey/green guys with bits of fur strapped to them

It'll never get made, and if it does, it'll be shit. There's no way they could do justice to it one any kind of reasonable budget.
Unless it was animated, but the west doesn't make non-comedy animation aimed at adults.

The real risk will be when the main actors can start demanding ludicrous salaries.
GoT was going down the shitter for plenty of other reasons, but one thing that helped drive the plunger home was the fact that the plot armoured ones were taking up a massive chunk of the budget

they remove Veins of Gold entirely because Rand's internal emotions and feeling of desperation with a madman whispering inside his head are too complex to be portrayed for the TV audience

>tfw there will be no ray of sun piercing the darkness
>there will be proper portrayal of a man wielding so much Saidin with Choedan Khal, enough to break the Wheel itself

Mat: My Queen, is this legal? To just force a man at knifepoint...
Tylin: I will make it legal

>they're just black guys with animal helmets

Bruce Timm could do it.

>Asmodean heads into the pantry for some wine
>He feels saidin being weaved
>"You? No!"
>He's terrified as he looks upon the face of Mazrim Taim
>the Mask of Mirrors falls
>"You?? nooo!"
>It's actually Demandred
>The balefire weave is almost complete
>"Balefire? NO!"
>The Mask of Mirrors drops once more
>It's actually Graendal
>in fact, she's weaving saidar
>"Saidar? NooooooOOOO"

WoT has way bigger action set pieces than GoT though. A lot of GoT, at least early one, was pretty confined with a handful of main sets and a lot of indoor stuff.

Animation would be the way to go, but it would be miles away from the norm. The west doesn't make that kind of animation, just comedy and kids stuff (including capeshit).

I like Bruce Timm's stuff because it is appealing to me as a mature adult, unlike other capeshit cartoons.

Rand exploding from the box, killing 3 Aes Sedai instantly from the backlash and stilling another 5 standing nearby, then lashing out with power weaves that kill maybe 3 more of them and blast out a dozen warders because he sees Min threatened

and the front rank of the Shaido exploded.... no way there is be going to be enough gore to make it look realistic as thousands of human bodies are simultaneously turned into a rain of blood

they will fuck all of it, it's Sony

Well, I hope he or someone like him gets a chance, because it's the only way it would possibly work and be able to stay relatively true to the books.
But no exec is ever going to sign off on it, so it'll never happen.

Is there any reasonable way it wouldn't be shit, if we take as read the inevitable constraints that execs will force it to be under?

The alt-right storms Harriet's home with tiki torches and holds her hostage until madhouse makes a faithful adaptation under the supervision of the titposter tripfag

Well, no, referring back to my original post

What if the cast and crew were all really committed and there were no restraints imposed from on high and the budget was reasonable for the material and WoT fans were put on the advisory board and given veto power?

it would be great for the 2 days it'd last before something fell apart

Normalfags would start asking where all the pointless betrayal without consequences was.
Normalfags, their ADHD and their shit taste will be the biggest enemy of any fantasy adaption now.

What if we filmed this process instead of actually adapting The Wheel of Time, then sold it as a reality show?

For some reason, the polygamy in WoT will piss people off I'm sure.

How about the nation of Africans whose male channelers walk on all fours and don't use language, and are all allied with the Shadow, and aren't invited to Rand's universal peace treaty? Good one, Sanderson!

>Perrin goes to kill Rolan
>Rolan stops him and they talk
>Perrin agrees to let Faile date Rolan from time to time

>Elayne, Aviendha, Nynaeve, the Seafolk, and Kin all begin weaving into the Bowl of the Winds
>they all start uncontrollably farting
>the massive release of methane fixes the weather

They make Aiel black

except the shaido, who are meathead whitebois

>Artur Hawkwing is summoned from the Horn
>goes to consult with Tuon
>starts slapping her repeatedly
>other Heroes of the Horn and Seanchan both try to hold him back
>he can't be held back and will not stop slapping Tuon
>Tuon dies from being slapped to death

Wont normies just call this a GoT rip off?

Don't know shit about this aside from that amazing Blind Guardian song. Cliffnotes?

hero's journey keeps happening again and again, matriarchy, also there are fat dudes and creepy dudes from other dimensions

>tfw no thicc forsaken gf

>Tar Valon is literally a gaping cunt on the world
what did Jordan mean by this?

hahaha, you weren't kidding

>they remove veins of gold because a man's suffering cannot be more important than a woman's suffering and therefore it should not be depicted as such on a fictional fantasy television series

>The girls walk down a dark alleyway in Ebou Dar
>A gholam suddenly appears
>Mat runs out before them and starts spinning his foxhead medallion around
>The gholam introduces itself as the top student of Herid Fel's and gives them a bow before peacefully departing

hmmmmmmmmmmm subspicous

Graendal should have big canon areolae. Setalle Anan would too because she's matronly with massive jugs.

>Rand is attacked by a woman but doesn't defend himself because of his principles
>the woman, a tall aiel with bright red hair who was born on dragonmount, considers him
>she kills him with a single blow
>turns out she's the dragon reborn

>rand almost destroys the world atop dragonmount before lews therin whispers in his head
>the reason... the reason we do it all again and again... is so that we can MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR WOMXNKIND!

Was Graendal ever preggers?