Deathstroke #6 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Tarakanovich/338027/Patreon-commission-Stroked
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for the storytime OP. Will we ever get Dick in the Deathstroke book.

Who knows.

He's been in 1 page

Where Steel and Lana Lang live now? Metropolis or they go there to do superheroics?

Isn't Lana an Engineer for Metropolis ?

That settles it then. Little error but we'll survive.

Thank God he didnt kill the lions. I'm not sure if Steel is in Jersey, but iirc Lana and Steel live together and Lana works in Metropolis but I could be wrong. ( who cares about steel and lana)

It's OK when DC does it.

Is priest gonna go thru with Slade Fucking Rose?

I read Superwoman but asked to make sure, maybe I missed some detail.
And Steel is my 2nd favorite thing to come out of Death of Superman, first being Cyborg Superman.

Not now.

Huh. I thought Joey died? What happened in the new 52 run? I thought Grant and Joey both died.

Grant was killed on missing with Slade, right?

*mission

Hey kid, I'm your new motherfucker.

I mean did he die the same way as pre-flashpoint, where he dies due to exhaustion? Plus I thought Slade impaled Joey when he found out he was mind fucking his own mom?

Thank God they mentioned she's Hmong, I'd forget already, #5 was so long ago.
For some reason I remember Slade and Grant attacking some Russians. No idea what I read. Maybe some flashback in Futures End or whatever.

Hey, they are actually drawing Rose with some half-asian features!

>Episcopalian
Why is it big deal?

Am i missing something? whos the mom plus why does Richard have super powers now? I didnt read the 2011 run and the one after that.

fantastic page

I bet that when Slade and his children are older then will all look back and laugh at this whole mess and how to spend times with children.

Wait a minute

Has that old man fucked both Rose and Joseph?

Nah, I think it's just Joseph.

Priest continues to be awesome! Another great issue!

No just Joey. The Isenworth is just saying that Slade would react poorly to him banging Rose but worse if he found out he banged his son

Damn, this is shaping out to be one hell of a ride.

Is Red Lion a pre existing character? Im digging his design, a cross between Red Ghost and Black Panther

>>Episcopalian
>Why is it big deal?
That's not how Ikon would have finished that sentence. Joey just interupted to make him shut up.

No it's something new, the guy didn't have a costume when he showed up in issue one.

Joey, no. He was reformed!

What am i missing here?

there's something oddly endearing about the lion panel

So... is Etienne a trap or a trans?

>Jeff Fucking Goldblum

So Jericho and Isherwood were fucking, right? Is Jericho gay now? Richard only tries to kill Rose because Slade slept with his mom?

I think Slade might have killed her as well

the mother's "Vigilante", or at least one of the characters to use the name. I remember skimming Deathstroke's 90s ongoing and seeing her there.

I didn't notice Richard having superpowers?

> Richard only tries to kill Rose because Slade slept with his mom
Literally every single one of Slade's problems wouldn't happen if he kept a vow of celibacy.

it was a former joke used instead of gay.

IS Richard an old character?

Apparently Wolfman intended Jericho to be gay from the start and he had him say he was gay in the Titans convergence mini so Priest is rolling with that

It sounds like Jericho has other plans for Etienne than just marriage (also she has a dude's name so who knows if she's a tranny or something)

I seem to recall Vigilante having a kid, but I don't remember anything about them

This book is starting to get too disjointed for its own good.

Oh look it's not-Black Panther.
I like him.

Joey was always gay/bi though, it's just that Wolfman couldn't have put that in an 80s comic though (plus Perez told him it's way too stereotypical to have a sensitive artist be gay lol)

Priest did his homeworks

I think it's pretty straightforward, they also have some recap dialogue and editor's notes to help you remember the important things

> I remember skimming Deathstroke's 90s ongoing and seeing her there.

Oh fuck, I remember where I'd seen her now. She was Slades 'partner' and sex buddy in the latter half of his run before he got de-aged. I'm going to need to re-read that soon.

There's nothing straightforward about it. It's a relatively simple story, but the time jumps and omissions of context and character motivations are starting to get annoying.

Goddammit, Slade

>our family's done creepier
kek

Wait what happened to the lions, Slade diden't bring them to the ship.

I fucking knew it.

God fucking damn it, not again.

I think that was the female Vigilante from way back in the early days of Deathstroke's first solo book. I don't remember a kid, new addition?

me too. I like his sort of ranty battle-cry when Slade burst into his room

god I want Slade and Rose to fuck

smooth, Slade.

Joey and Ikon were/are still banging. Joey now wants to marry the black chick.
The "episcopalian" line is a joke. Ikon was gonna ask if Joey told her he was gay.

so, what? was Joseph the bad guy all along?
did he tell Slade's colleagues that he was gay too and when they threatened to tell on him he killed them as well?

Wait... Is he bi or gay?

either bi, or he decided to suppress his gayness for a happier life.
you can feel love for someone without being sexually attracted to that person.

Joey apparently doesn't give a shit about genders (so pan?). But Isherwood seems to think he's gay.

Kid was already there, not much else he could do.

There isn't even any decent fanfiction.
That's just sad.

There is only one good picture

hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Tarakanovich/338027/Patreon-commission-Stroked

AO3 doesn't have any, but I think FF had some iirc. been a while

come on
I'm liking deathstroke but if the main plot is
>gay guy tries to hide from ds he fucked his son
it's gonna be lame

I really doubt that that's the main plot.

so what do we have so far?
joe is gay and marrying a chick and hiding from ds he's gay
ds put a hit on rose to pass time with her, guy who took the hit hates him but also loves rs
batman and damian are out of the picture

what's the main plot so far? the main pillar was the hit on rose, that seemed to be because ds wanted to spend time with her or whack anyone who'd take it.

is that it?

you can if you can deal with either cheating or a sexless marriage.

the main plot is that someone kidnapped Wintergreen and killed one of Slade's old colleagues

do you have an attention problem? or are you just stupid?

I think you're missing the whole part about the warlord in Africa, whoever had Wintergreen kidnapped to begin with, they're obviously building up more towards a plot with Adeline, there's more to Richard and his mother, and I sincerely doubt Joey's entire plot is ONLY about him being gay. He most likely has some plans hinging on marrying Etienne and Ikon would be stopping them from going through

How much keikaku has been in this book so far? I can't imagine that Joey's whole story would boil down to "I don't want people to know I'm bi"

how much coverage has that taken through the story arc?
you can't call it "main plot" if it takes so few panels

The arc so far has been seven issues long, present day Joey has been in maybe half of one issue

It's been six issues and the story is all over the fucking place. Deathstroke has no presence in his own book.

it's Slade's entire motivation for what he's done so far.
capturing Rose's bf instead of killing him and getting the lion guy on his side are probably part of his plan to find whomever fucked with him.

also, it's not just been a few panels. it was most of the first issue and a big part of the second one.

>probably

That's the fucking problem right there. I'm all for complexity in comics, but not for it's own sake. The payoff shouldn't be the only thing making a story worthwhile.

I'd rather him be mysterious instead of being yet another power-fantasy jerk-off tool.
Because that's what we got in 2011 and it was TERRIBLE.

Well Priest stated that it's his intention that we will never, ever know what Slade is thinking.

I'm just worried when the keikaku is revealed I won't be able to understand it

It will have to be a hell of a revelation to justify all this espionage jerkoffery and context blueballing.

Richards mother is most likely dead at this point in this universe. The Vigilante mantle isn't one you keep for long.

Doesn't really excuse why the book could just as well be called the thrilling adventures of Ricky and Etienne at this point.

I still have no fucking idea what the fuck is fucking going on in this fucking book.

Fuck.
How can I convinced myself that this book is good, if I don't understand what's happening?

Richard is an extremely minor character and Etienne is some secondary character who was only introduced in this issue

You could at least complain about Rose, she's been in several issues

and its not the case here

we have interesting, if not compelling, characters and a narrative structure like in no other Big Two books

its special

It's going out of its way to be special at the detriment of actual storytelling. And I have no idea how you find any of these characters compelling when everything is so oblique we have no idea what to think about how they are acting and why it's important.