Invincible Iron Man #1

Riri Williams by bendis

Wasn't this the chick that built her own big clunky warmachine armor or something?

This 'ironheart' suit in comparison looks super lame and generic.

yeah cause when you're inventing something from scratch, style ALWAYS take front seat over function. Dumbass

Yup

What are you even saying?

This is a question of comicbook artist design, its a super lame skinny ironman costume.
Even Rescue was more original in looks for a 'female iron man'.

Salty as fucking fuck that Stefano Caselli is being wasted.

Heh

its a touch a realism in an land of make believe. First time builder of an ironman suit. Im sure you would build a far better and stylish one. Tony had a lifetime of making suits from his first clunker to finally get where he is

This is so by the numbers

You're a fucking idiot. That other user is saying that the mech armor is far better than "ANAD Iron Man but with tits".

You aren't making any sense, do you even understand what the original post was about?

>Second panel
Scooby Apocalypse's Shaggy?
I like the forcefield bubbles, though. It's better than having her have an identical powerset to Tony.

>your knuckles say Cobra

Tobase tekken! Roketto Panchi!

>hurr fuck da poleece

Meh

Is Bendis really doing kid lesbians?

Leave it to Bendis to remember his OC.

And it all go narratively nowhere

Aaaand we're doing the whole Black Lives Matter thing. Okay.
I don't even mind it in shit like Sam Wilson or Nighthawk but jeez, can we not have ~one~ black hero who doesn't do this?

I may be biased because of Caselli's art, but I thought that was actually pretty good

>It's like it was mean to be!
Oh for fucks sake

Cool, they didn't just made iron MAN into a black teenage girl, they also made Stark her bitch, the kind that asks for it.

It doesn't even make any sense here, the officers can't tell if this hero is black or white.

>no panties
Kinky.

And this is how Punisher came to be.

Don't worry Bendis also killed black iron man for his OC. So its really his OC's trump all

It wasn't as bad as I expected, yeah. That's not saying much, but I'll probably at least read along until I get a feel for if she's going to be totally boring.
It's just a pity about the mechsuit being replaced with the skinsuit.
Her arms got exposed, for some dumbfuck reason, when she used the rocket fists.
Why there wouldn't be any sort of protective covering underneath, I don't know.

She hates guns >:(
She has her reasons.

isn't this chick in the xmen, fighting the O5 ?

Why didn't the cops right there just blow the muties brains out?

Goldballs is there

I can't believe Riri did the flying rocket fist trick before Hellion

And in a Bendis book

now that's just overkill

>This 'ironheart' suit in comparison looks super lame and generic.
>, its a super lame skinny ironman costume.

you're both retarded. I hope our next president deports your kind

She fought the O5 at the start of Battle for the Atom

iirc she was actually responsible for young Cyke dying and kickstarting the event

Bendis then brought her back to fight the New Xavier School kids who were kicked out by Cyclops after Tempus undid the Xavier's Will arc, and were trying to become public heroes. with Goldballs becoming the most popular. And then the media found out he was a mutant and everything went to hell

Sure this isn't Chicago or Detroit?

What bothers me most here isn't that she's the "new" Iron Man.
It's that she looks exactly the same.
Ok, she's a genius. She had her punisher moment and what's to go beat up badguys.
So she makes a suit that looks EXACTLY like Tony built it?

There's more than one way to skin a powerarmoured cat
Come one artists

Its Chicago

The mecha suit looks alot cooler.

Superhero comics need more actual mech suits when it comes to power-armoured capes, instead of them just wearing what is almost regular skintight superhero shit with just a couple of panel lines here and there.

Mutant lives matter activist would throw a fit

It'd have been a great idea because they could have riffing between the two.
A mecha suit works more for a teenage girl.
In a regular Iron Man suit, the user is doing the punching and what have you and the suit is amplifying it.
In a mecha suit, it's more like the user is guiding it.
It's more detached and less personal

What is supposed to be happening here?

G O L D E N B A L L S

There is a tone problem to me.
Here you got harsh violence and here goofy violence. And this book goes from one to another as if they were on the same level.

Black on Black violence.

The Dad doing a diving save to try and knock the girls out of the way of the continuing gunfire.

How many bullets did the shooter fire though? In the time it took everyone to realize what was going on and then react he must have went through more than one mag and had to reload.

Yeah, having got past "holy shit, a Bendis comic about a Bendis OC that's not unbearably Bendis", you're right. The tone and pacing is pretty off; the whole thing just sort of wobbles along without finding a groove.
Here's hoping for improvement. ahahaha no
Driveby shooting.

There was gunfire? That first panel made it look like the basketball was ricocheting off of shit or something.

Was it technically a driveby? The car was parked when the youths with the basketballs went up to it, then whatever verbal confrontation was involved between them all caused the people in the car to start shooting before pulling away.

>Marvel citizens

lmaooooo

Is that a fucking Incredibles reference?

Bendis's drivebys involve people talking. God knows why they didn't make twenty circles around before shooting them.

Shit, I think you're right

Is there ANY hero left, which parents are NOT dead, yet?

Dead as in killed or dead as in passed?
Rider Nova, anyway.

More a rethorical qestion. It is just kind of boring to see, that so many Avengers have dead parents, that they could name it the "Club of Orphans".

Easiest motivator. Look at massacre of Kyle's girlfriends in GL to give him motivation.

>STEPdad

So her (black) Dad left her family, yeah?

Well, Riri is just one critical Vietnam-Moment away from wearing a Skull on her shirt.

If her mom bit the bullet, Frank would be replaced, not Tony.

>Push me

I was hoping it was a bomb. That would've been funny.

I liked Lex Luthor's original bulky 'fuck you' suit.

and Titanium Man was cooler than most of Tony's armours.

Really?

>Stepdad

Oh boy, convoluted subplot about her real dad being Kang or someone like that incoming

>"Why are comic books readers so misogynistic/homophobic/racist."
>Make new minority/lgbt character
>literally palette swap of an old character
This shitty trend won't end well.

This can't actually be serious

Isn't that the case with Bendis and his black kids?

Marvel and DC both need to get more /m/ like that

I think what I hate most about this is this is another case of Marvel having it's diversity cake and eating it too...

I wouldn't have minded a few more issues of Riri fine-tuning her AI but with this reveal, the fix is not only in to bring Tony back but it also paints a shadow over all of Riri's own narratives...

better than Sup Forums promised me it would be

They mainly reserve it for villains sadly.

STRIPE is the only hero with a bulky mech suit I can think of off the top of my head. Even when Lex went good he slimmed his power suit down.

>Implying Riri will be here to stay

Literally Moon Girl with better parenting.

I don't think it was bad, but the bit with her friend and dad dying should have been an issue by itself.

Also yeah the bulky first suit is way better than the copy Iron Man suit.

I mean goddammit she doesn't even bother using her own variant color scheme or anything, its literally just Stark Standard,

It's the faceplate that gets me.
The faceplate is super important for identity.

First she goes from the former standard and then her new suit is straight up the same as Tony's new suit.

Honestly, it looks a lot more like she stole the suits rather than made them

I really hope she makes something unique over the course of the series. I mean even Miles' suit is different to Peters.

>make new Ironman derivative
Oh cool! I love seeing the different designs that artists come up with for alternate Ironman suits.

>just gives her a slimmer version of the current Iron Man suit
Fucking WHY?! At least give her something unique. A different color scheme, some unique design element, not this.

This suit is so much more interesting than the one she ends up getting. All it needed was a better color scheme, but the big bulky design is actually pretty cool

Is she going to get an ability anywhere near as bullshit OP as VENOM STING that lets her 1-hit-KO any opponent and win all fights instantly? Because thats all it takes to make people like your new character right, have them be able to beat everyone else.

>Suit is exactly the same. REEEEEEEEE
Are you retarded?