The perfect case for why bending over to retarded cynics is going to fuck you up in the end...

The perfect case for why bending over to retarded cynics is going to fuck you up in the end. This was great along with Prometheus and you can see he tried to please those that didn't like the latter too, and they might never have even been fans of the series anyway. The retards were never going to appreciate any kind of anything that but wanted Ridley Scott to tailor a flick for them. Grade A example of why Hollywood doesn't listen to chucklefucks that believe they know better then the creator of the original film.

what

Is this one of the worst Amazon review you can find threads or what

Back to your "cape kinos" faggot

If Ridley said "fuck you" to the producers and made it a true Prometheus sequel, it would have been a masterpiece. Even still though, it's a solid 7/10 that you know Sup Forums will come to love and say it's kino in a few years.

It's already happening with Prometheus so this is true.

Prometheus was shit but it had some merit.

Covenant took most of the few things people liked about Prometheus and through them out the window because they didn't want to need to answer any of the questions people had.

Then they gave us double the hammy Fassbender and threw in 30+ year old Giger designs thinking it's what plebs wanted to see.

what a retarded movie about retarded people who are too dumb to wear helmets.

I was annoyed they killed off the cute jew with the nice tits.

I'm guessing the sheer incompetence of the security teams on ships like the covenant is what led to the formation of the colonial marines

Helmets?

Nope

This is one movie that will never grow on me to the point thatbI think it is good.

>Tripfag thinks he speaks for a whole board

Jump off a bridge pls

He's not a tripfag, he's just a namefag.

>go to random planet
>land without wearing a hazmat suit
>shit brix when alien viruses kill them

Keep in mind this was a planet the Captain saw as colonizable and changed course to go there.

>the captn decides where the multi trillion dollar colonization mission settles

>sign up for weyland colonization programm
>go into hypersleep for the duration of the flight which takes many years
>it cost me many dollars and the advertisement looked nice
>while i'm sleeping the dumbfuck captain decides to land somewhere else and settle there
>this is not the shit I paid for

A dumbass captain mind you.

I thought Prometheus had hilariously stupid scientists, but Covenant exceeds that threshold by a country mile. Prometheus and Convenant both threat the discovery of new earth-like planets in a way that seems to suggest that a breathable atmosphere destroys the possibility of an real dangers even at the microbe level. Earth isn't even THAT safe.

... These movies used to be good, but now they're writing supposedly brilliant people making tragically stupid mistakes.

What happened to this franchise? It used to be smartly written but now, you can write scientists treating foreign terrains like it's their backyard at home. I did like this movie though... as a comedy.

its completely unrealistic.

like when you approach a new planet, wouldn't you go into a polar orbit and remain there mapping the whole planet with every available sensor for like weeks?
wouldn't it make more sense to watch the weather for a while, or check for other odd anomalies?
if they would have bothered with this they would have figured out that something is wrong.
then why not send out drones to take samples instead landing there and walking around inhaling the possibly deadly air.

then again, why would a colonization ship go and check out that random signal?
wouldn't it make more sense to send a message back to earth or something so someone suited for this job can check it out why you continue your mission, like a huge expensive mission like this probably has upcoming mission that bring in more people and more material and they're like counting on you doing your part of the job which is setting up the first camp on that one specific planet?

I actually liked the movie, along with Prometheus.
Those two are a good movie as long you have the idea that those two aren't Alien movies, but some sort of spinoff/expanded universe

probably playing in the dumb and dumber cinematic universe where everyone is a moron?

>lets make the alien an assburster this time
>genius Ridley, you're a genius!

MUH HELMETS

He literally took all of the things people didn't like about Prometheus and doubled down on them while limiting the things they did like about it.