Fox Planning "Soft Reboot" Of X-MEN Movies

>According to The Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox is planning to "reconfigure" the succesful X-MEN film franchise in light of the disappointing box office of X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and Hugh Jackman's impending retirement from the role of Wolverine. A new story is being developed by producer Simon Kinberg, while director Bryan Singer has officially left the franchise to pursue other projects.

>The return of the main cast consisted of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrance and Nicholas Hoult is uncertain as they've all completed their three-picture contracts with the studio, requiring lenghty and costly renegotiations.

>DEADPOOL 2 remains in active development, with JOHN WICK director David Leitch in advanced negotiations to replace Tim Miller, who left the project after creative differences with Ryan Reynolds. The movie features Cable and Domino, and Fox is so confident in its succes they are already lining up DEADPOOL 3 revolving around the formation of the X-FORCE.

>GAMBIT is also back in development following a brief delay caused by the departure of director Doug Liman and star Channing Tatum's commitments to Steven Soderbergh's next project, LUCKY LOGAN. Josh Boone's NEW MUTANTS, featuring Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Magik and Warlock and which allegedly overlaps with the main X-MEN series, has also been fast-tracked and is expected to commence shooting next spring.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/foxs-x-men-issues-jennifer-lawrence-unsigned-deadpool-defections-gambit-hold-945505

Didn't we already have, like, 4 other soft reboots for the X-Men movies?

>GAMBIT is also back in development

Only one, First Class

X-Men origins: Wolverine was a soft reboot

And DoFP was a full on reboot

Oh, and The Wolverine was technically a soft reboot of X-Men Origins: Wolverine

>X-Men origins: Wolverine was a soft reboot

No, it wasn't.

Origins Wolverine was not a soft reboot, it was a prequel.

No, the Wolverine movies were not a reboot in any way shape or form. They were prequels and sequels

>Josh Boone's NEW MUTANTS, featuring Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Magik and Warlock

They probably won't even mention that Ilyana is Colossus's brother

it's for the best, a contemporary setting for X-Men would work better than period pieces we have now.

but Mr. Sinister should still be the next villain.

>The return of the main cast consisted of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrance and Nicholas Hoult is uncertain as they've all completed their three-picture contracts with the studio

Well the nice thing about Mystique is she can be replaced easily, and honestly maybe the Fox-Men and Magneto could have a little bit of a seperation for a while. And unless I fell into a different timeline where the Fury Road kid matters, Nicholas Hoult isn't a name and he's going to cost nothing.

McAvoy is the only real issue here.

McAvoy isn't a star either, he's needs X-Men more than they need him.

Jesus Christ when did FOX get the time stone. We're caught in a damn loop. They keep making the same damn movie. Also spoiler alert, we're never going to get the X Men team that we want and they'll continue to wank over the same 3 characters

and they will never draw any conclusion from why people hate the franchise

>people hate the franchise
Nice bullshit, bro.

>formation of the X-FORCE
X23, Deadpool, Cable, Domino...Cannonball? Psylocke?

>GAMBIT is also back in development

it fucking needs it

leave it there until it's fit for human consumption this time

When they started making them, they were contemporary.

>Well the nice thing about Mystique is she can be replaced easily

She's what, 26? Her worldwide gross is over $5bn as a leading actor, based on 14 movies - they might be able to find someone to fill the roll of Mystique, but replace her, as in, actually make this shitshow profitable? Hardly.

If they're really planning on shooting New Mutants as early as next spring - without any cast except Game of Thrones castoffs - then negotiations for the old cast to return are over, as is the existing series.

More of a spinoff than reboot or prequel.

Would say hate, exhausting more like it. Im over the whole thing. Cant bring myself to care about Logan

I'd rather not have the original 5 with Iceman since he will have to be gay, despite the pairing with Rogue in X2.

No different from Marvel recycling the same damn formula every fucking movie.

>Ilyana is Colossus's brother

All I want from Gambit is the silly 90's fullbody spandex leotard thingie that reached all the way to head.

>Fox Planning "Soft Reboot" Of X-MEN Movies

then what the fuck was "Days of Furture Past" and "Apocalypse"? Cause I'm sure that was a soft rebooty you fucking hacks!

Stop being stubborn Fox, and just do what Sony did, jesus!

>being developed by producer Simon Kinberg

so confirmed garbage already

Colossus

>I'd rather not have the original 5 with Iceman since he will have to be gay

This is Fox not Marlel

JUST GIVE IT TO MARVEL YOU FUCKING KEKS

>They're fucking up the X-Men movies
>they're fucking up the Batman movies
>the good hero movie is currently Doctor Strange

have I unknowingly stepped into a parallel universe?

>JUST GIVE IT TO MARVEL YOU FUCKING KEKS

Imagine the diversity. Chinese Storm, Red headed Laura, Midget Cyclops, Gay Iceman

Haha yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. They need to drop this man already. I would rather have Singer stick around and have Kinberg leave, they can always just gets better writers for material but to stick with him is just awful.

Marvel doesn't deserve the X-Men.

Continue to enjoy your refried bean Marvel films like Dr. Strange however.

Fuck Fox. Just give the rights to Marvel already so we can have out MCU. Never seen a studio be so fucking stupid.

Fuck off, no. The XMen doesn't suit the MCU tone or handling nor do they deserve the mutants back,

>"Soft Reboot" Of X-MEN Movies
ISN'T THIS LIKE THE THIRD SOFT REBOOT? WHAT THE FUCK

Nah, rights are good where they belong with Fox.

While the MCU does have a formula, at it least it has some variety in terms of execution. FOX however has taken it to a whole new level
>Magneto in every damn movie
>Both Charles and Magneto are somehow still friends after butting heads in the first 2 acts
>No one cares about Cyclops
>Wanks over 3 characters while the rest are glorified cameos
>RETCONS
And so on. Keep in mind, I dont want the X Men in the MCU (because its far too late for that and it would be a clusterfuck), I just want FOX to unfuck themselves here. Well that and fork over F4 but thats another discussion

Yeah, one where Marlel shills have a salary and everything.

>Also spoiler alert, we're never going to get the X Men team that we want and they'll continue to wank over the same 3 characters
But user, don't you remember from the end of Apocalypse?

The next X-Men movie will be the "real" one! For sure this time! Even if that's how it looks at the end of every X-Men movie since X2

Im a MCU fag and even I dont want the X men crammed in. Theyre fine being a separate entity

You seriously want the X-Men's timey-wimey bullshit wrapped in with the MCU? Just leave it in it's own universe where it belongs

Sad thing is you're completely right. Only difference last time was that they finally got decent costumes that we'll probably never see again

NO. MCU is not for the Xmen. I rather endure FOXmen bastardization rather than see MCU's.

>reboots everywhere
Wow, just like in my comics

doesn't have to be. if Xmen become part of MCU it could focus on mutants being a brand new thing (with Charles and Magento having worked to hide mutants). People reacting violently and blaming the Avengers for causing them maybe.

on the other hand, it'd stretch an already stretched cinematic universe quite a bit more so it'd probably just come across as a money grab and fail.

Just a little bit and you'll fuck the continuity harder than Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween did!

Agreed. Fox has released a couple awful movies, sure, but it's at least made a couple I sorta enjoyed.
Marvel has made the most bland fucking movies imaginable, no thank you.

I think they're learning. Logan already looks a lot different than your average capeshit and Deadpool naturally due to the character wasn't like the other X-Men films either. Fox seems to be carving out their own niche now, it's good for them.

I appreciate their efforts to stick as closely to the source material where it counts.

>Charles and Magneto having worked to hide mutants
I want you to think about how dumb that sounds
I suppose but what doesnt help is that Logan looks like its set in ANOTHER tragic future

>Red headed
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well that an Apocalypse being a complete jobber, that was pretty accurate

Isn't this essentially built into X-Men after Apocalypse?

Wolverine, JLaw's and Fassbender's Magneto all have had completed arcs now. Just soft reboot with McAvoy and the new Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler and give a self contained story that opens up new stuff. Maybe take influence from Morrison's New X-Men which was essentially designed for this

And don't forget a Austrian Wolverine, Black Magneto, and a Mexican Jean Grey.

Oh yeah that too. Based Fox.

there's only 2 ways the X-Men becoming a part of the MCU would work 1 is to have it be the original movie X-Men from another earth for maximum fanservice or be use the ultimate Marvel solution that mutant kind was man made in a lab.

you can't build up two separate races who get their at random at the same time.

Oh, hey maybe we'll get a Mormon Dust

At least at Fox you already have the prior knowledge to not expect it as an adaptation of the source material. That you'd treat it more like you'd treat a fanfiction so the dissapointment's not that heavy when it comes to bastardization.

Not a word about the upcoming Legion serie?

It's all fan fiction really. Marvel doesn't do any better of a job adapting their source material either, just look at how different Thor and Iron Man are from the comics in terms of movies, stories, and their personalities.

That one is for some reason developed by Marvel Television

I think they're struggling with not wanting to do another period piece (since it was dud) and keeping the mostly cheap Young X-Men.

I would set next movie in 20XX,with the same cast Moria included minus JLaw and Fass and bring back the black jumpsuits, comic accurate costumes aren't needed on anyone but Phoenix, and then proceed to not bother to mention anything of the last film taking place in the 80's.

Oh, so FOX doesn't have any right on it?

nice, first marvel ruins them and century fox comes to finish them.

It's a collaboration between the two studios.

>Fox planning "Soft reboot" of X-Men movies
>djkhaled_anotherone.gif

hush hush to avoid spoilers for casuals for when Stewart and maybe Bryne shows as mom and dad, since that will be Legion's big sweeps week moment.

So, what would really happen if the mutants were handed off to MCU? Hypothetically speaking. Considering how Marvel Studios is handling the film adaptations.

>The movie features Cable and Domino
>and Domino

Am a bit sad we couldn't have a Wolverine, Domino and Deadpool film. Just these three and their shenanigans.

But I go into the MCU films like that, am I meant to think Tony Stark with Obadiah Stane father figure or Guardians of the Galaxy with Star Lord as the flake and Gamora as the heart of the team are accurate representations of the source material?

>soft reboot
For fuck's sake mate, just stick with it, you can't fix it by starting over again, just keep doing what you're doing.

>we're never going to get the X Men team that we want

Are you seriously suggesting any two people on the face of the Earth can agree on what the X-Men roster should be?

yfw this nigga exists but some complete tool like Zac Efron will play Cable because capseshit bux

No, but you have to admit it feels like every goddamn movie feels like them just becoming the X Men

Please PLEASE God let this man be Cable

How do we help this man be Cable?

I wonder if Fox has the rights to make stuff like promotional comics relating to their X-verse?

Doctor Strange was mostly a shit adaptation, though.

Hopefully Fox takes a hint from Marvel's tanking sales and does NOT follow them.

Fucking FINALLY that faggot rapist is gone.
Fingers crossed they're both getting a decent writer and took the right hints from Deadpool.

They could fix it if they did a hard reboot, but I'd want them to wait a while before doing that. Like stop making X-Men movies for 6-7 years and then start a new series completely unconnected to the current series- not an alternate timeline, not a prequel, just something completely new.

Though I suppose they actually can't wait that long because they'd risk the rights timing out and reverting to Marvel.

True nigga you can never please fucking X-Men fans no matter what you do.

>Maybe take influence from Morrison's New X-Men
Fuck you. Just... fuck you. That's all.

>I wonder if Fox has the rights to make stuff like promotional comics relating to their X-verse?
Nope. They only have movie/TV rights. They can't do anything else, no comics, no action figures, none of that. Marvel still has those rights, so if they want to make X-Men movie action figures and such they need to work with Marvel.

Crap. Guess the best shot is that X-Men '92 keeps running, then.

I just want to know if we're actually gonna get back to the 21st century yet rather than dicking around in the late 1900's

When was the last time they made X-Men movie figures? Origins?

Yeah, at least that was the last time they made figures that were based on a movie. They released some tie-in action figures for The Wolverine that were loosely related to the movie, but didn't have anything that actually came from the movie. So you'd have a comic-accurate Wolverine, a Hand ninja, a (somewhat) comic-based Silver Samurai, etc, but nothing actually depicting the movie versions.

>Midget Cyclops
We already have that.
Tye is a manlet

Wolverine figure from The Wolverine movie was kinda neat, also not too expensive. Kinda wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

>the shit cast getting replaced
>no tatum gambit
>no more katpiss

FUCK YES! THANK YOU BASED TRUMP!

So who's left? Mogo?

>My Hopes
>More focus on Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee

>the Reality
>Deadpool, Wolverine recast, Deadpool, Magneto, Prof X, Wolverine again

>Wolverine recast
Or Laura taking the mantle. I'd prefer the recast. Let Laura be X23.

you mean Mojo?

Who?

Mojo. Mogo is a DC planet with a lantern ring.

They should just give the rights back to Marvel. It would be the morally right thing to do. The X-Men belong back home with Marvel. And who doesn't want to see the X-Men in the MCU?

As an MCUfag?

I don't, they MCU has enough shit happening.

The most I'd wanna see is Logan in Infinity War.

Nice copypasta, my friend.

>Hollywood still doesn't realize people like the characters, not the actors

I blame RDJR, studios should replace actors more oftenly so stories can develop by themselves.