IT made a lot of money on opening weekend which means it doesn't su-

How embarrassing.

IT (2017) estimated opening (4,103 theaters): $117,150,000
The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) opening (4024 theaters): $142,839,137

They ALMOST managed to capture as large an audience as all the dumbass teenaged girls that made Twilight such a success.

Almost.

>comparing movies with different demographics
>Opening weekend sales are a measure of success
>shiggy diggy
>I took the bait

All of this contrarianism makes me want to see the flick, even if I just pirate it.

>Sup Forums got it wrong again

I kek every tiem.

Teenage girls are one of the strongest demographics. Why do you think Titanic made a billion (in late 90s dollars too), history and special effects buffs?

The bottom line is that the Twilight series is PURE hot garbage. We can all agree to that, and yet it stomped shIT at the box office. This clearly demonstrates that the public has terrible taste, and that shIT isn't making big bucks because it's "good".

I mean the continued popularity of Adam Sandler movies is all the evidence one needs that there are a lot of people with shit taste...

So you're making the "what's popular cannot be good" argument but also "this was less popular so it's worse" argument at the same time? Hmm.

>R-rated movie vs PG-13 sequel

Sup Forums I know you haven't been yourself since Wonder Woman, but you're really wanting to die on the hill for Twilight?

>New Moon, an anticipated sequel for a popular franchise at the time during the height of the vampire trend
At least IT was something original and tried to do something different instead of rehashing the same old shit, making a sequel, or remaking an old movie.

Close.

I'm making the argument that just because a film opens well, as shIT has, doesn't mean it's any good.

This has been demonstrated time and again.

>At least IT was something original
>shIT was something original
>original

What's the Twilight of today?

nothing will ever come close to capturing the magic of werewolves and vampires like twilight it was one of a kind

Yeah it was so painfully obvious that the movie was engineered to get normies to eat it up. Nothing but jumpscares and shitty CGI. It's painfully mediocre but the fact that it has an actual plot to take from the book means it's 10/10 the best masterpiece horrorkino ever as rated by /ourguys/ on Sup Forums. It'll make good money because it's a PG-13 shitty jumpscare movie, except it's R because they show some dead kids and say fuck and faggot.

>something original

Yes, but it also seems you're claiming it's shit as well just because it did open well. Saying A (good opening) does not imply B (good film) doesn't mean A implies not B.

>or remaking an old movie
uh...

(you)

I'd like to know how many kids you know have read IT before.

Why would they when their older siblings just slapped on the mini-series with Tim Curry for them to watch instead?

>The Twilight Saga: New Moon: $142,839,137
HEHEHE

>Deadpool: $132,434,639
HAHAHA

>Spider-Man Homecoming: $117,027,503
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>It: $117,150,000
>Spider-Man Homecoming: $117,027,503
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Autism?

That is pretty funny.

Maybe this will encourage them to make horror movies that dont suck ass.

It is literally the best horror movie in years

>make horror movies that dont suck ass.

And aren't filled with a "diversity" cast....