What was life like before the internet?

What was life like before the internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better.

Turn it off for a week. Then you'll see.

No wonder why we have been fucked over so many times so easily, if the information couldn't spread.

better

Better because ignorance is bliss.

The world felt larger and more mysterious.

Your social circles were smaller.

People spent less time in their homes.

People weren't as fat.

Soooo boring.
Worse though was slow Internet. Knowing that information and/or giant titties was so close and yet you only had until Dad got home to find it was killer.
Now you just go into the bathroom and do whatever

I actually had friends before the internet became big

The internet used to all be like Sup Forums, before women, niggers, and brown people started using it. No safe spaces. It was pretty great.

More innocent, less rage inducing

30 something here.

I remember going outside a lot and playing videogames with my friends. Watching anime (before the entire medium was degenerate pantsu infomercial for J-List/Good Smile), playing video games, drinking, lots of drinking and being annoying. It was alright. Honestly it's WAY better now. I feel like it shocked everyone into being way more civilized (believe it or not). I remeber people so closed minded and stupid. Now they are stupid for different reasons, but there was just a sense of people being less "worldly". Innovation had a shelf life of a month. Food was fucking BASIC AS FUCK too. There is so much exotic junk food, cereal, and shit like that. When PIZZA POCKETS came out, it was a thing.

I dunno, I'm not doing a great job recollecting it but the TL;DR is

>underground stuff was hard to get. AKA anime, music that wasn't top 40, band shirts etc
>stuff just didn't exist. if it did, you had no way of knowing. unless you had a subscription to a magazine you weren't going to find out about shit
>food was basic as fuck. shit is so exotic now.
>it was platos allegory of the cave basically

Life was like walking to buy vidya magazines.. and then the next moment I'm playing Ultima Online, and everyone on there is like red pilled and cool and shit.. then the retards moved in about 2000-2002 or so.

Not true. Even if I turn off the PC and leave my phone at home I'm still going to have to interact with cold drone-like autists staring at their phones all day.

Information still doesn't spread because most web users are concentrated at a few powerful websites run by jews like Cuckerberg.

>The world felt larger and more mysterious.
don't worry friend we'll get that back somehow. I swear it

How user? Tell me sweet little lies.

I went out a socialized more, and I was pretty anti-social/anxiety ridden. Truly better times.

It was ok. The funny thing about new tech is that after it becomes mainstream everyone forgets life was livable without it.

Life was, honestly, very similar without the internet.

However, for a generation that grew up with it I am sure it would be difficult without it.

HS class of '88 here.
more or less what this poster said. Things were much more free, but of course you could say that about every preceeding decade.
Also, we believed TV and media fully. I could never have learned what I know about the jews at that time. We didn't have AIDS gift-givers forums like this one, so we had clubs. I used to go to several computer clubs, and at one of them I know you could smoke indoors at the meeting. Answering machines were a godsend because now you didn't have to wait by the phone for a person to call.

I still see guys that look like that all the time outside. Women have changed quite a bit, though.

basically the tv world

boring asf. bluepilled asf

World's even more bluepilled now, redpilled places like Sup Forums are just echo-chambers. The rest of the world keeps getting more and more cucked, and there's only a minority of us holding out.

You would've still been the geek, good at math, called a nerd, and part of the chess club.

You were never a jock.

Slower, but you were less informed by a mile. Imagine getting your info from three networks, newspapers, and a few radio stations. For research you went to a library and consulted old books.

So much this.

It only seems better because the Jews had only started ramping up peak degeneracy and many of our institutions were still intact. But they had a stranglehold on media, and things were going completely their way.

Things are better now in many different ways.

For example:
We have a real alternative to vote for in Trump.

Thanks to GPS and my smartphone, I can't get lost (remember paper maps?).

I will can read tens of thousands of out of copyright books anywhere, at anytime, something unimaginable back then.
archive.org

Don't ever take stuff like this for granted kids.

Im 34 and blah blah who cares. The biggest thing you all missed was when little caesar crazy bread actually taste so great you wouldny even bother with their pizza. You poor fucking saps will never have that crazy bread

The sweet silent hum of solitude.

How much I miss that. I remember getting lost in the woods once with my cousin. Frightening then the sense of warmth and relief when I saw the lantern light in the murky twilight as my family came looking for us.

The kinds of memories that build character.

Now everybody is a mindless zombie.

This. Awful but true.

It was fucking amazing in many ways but the easy access to knowledge we have now shits on the pre-internet days.

Bump

What the fuck, that's my high school. Class of 98 here.

BUMP

>easy access to knowledge
>about 5% of people search for this knowledge

source: [spoiler]my ass[/spoiler]

Wow...I get it now...just blame non whites for everything! Thanks user

Class of 88.....mah gawd

46 years old here, it was better.

Class of 91 here

High school back then was like a movie.

it didn't exist

Comfy af

People had more respect for eachother and society