No can do

No can do.

Got dubs at Dorsia

Checkd

GREAT! sea urchin ceviche

will Sup Forums exist long enough for literally every scene and piece of dialogue from this movie to become a popular meme at least once? if so then I'll just cut to the chase and kms

Came here to post THIS. Incredibly underrated post. This guy gets it.

your not aloud too post dubs threads on this bored!

I can't believe that Bryce preferred Van Patten's dubs to my 4

What?

>too

>too

Dorsia on a Friday night, how did he swing that?

Paul Allen has mistaken me for this dickhead Anonymous. It seems logical because Anonymous is also a shitposter and in fact does the same exact thing I do and he also has a penchant for dubs and trips. Anonymous and I even go to the same board, although I have slightly better gets.

what about trips?

I've posted this in every one of these threads so far, thank you for fighting the good fight
also checked

Excellent digits

It begins.
Get the digits on board.
I'll call it in.

Impressive.

But wait, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Double numbering. Nearly symmetric. Dubs.

I started sea urchin ceviche posting in a Jared Leto thread.

Are you required to wear a suit to post in these threads?

Double rolling

anyone else here have business cards?

i got 500 made about a year ago. i've probably given out 30 tops

Excellent.

Impressive.

Most impressive

looks like someone gave the maitre d' some good head

I work for a Cyber security firm. I was in charge of designing the business cards.
Guess in what I inspired myself.

so close

>Guess in what I inspired myself.
what? i hope you didn't use 80s style business cards just to be like dubs man

>actually work in mergers and acquisitions
>wear oliver peoples glasses, but can't rock the 80s yuppie mullet
>often do the "no can do" shaking my fists up and down
>nobody gets it and looks at me weird

I can't believe it.
He likes user's digits more than mine.

How come Bateman wasn't able to get a rez at Dorsia? Did he not give the Maitre'd head?

no digits whatsoever.

Only singles now.

kys

So close to 8 quints.

trips are fine

They're in the Star Wars thread

I want to know what it's like to have a life like Bateman's or Allen's

WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REMAKE?

Get a business degree and start reading Bloomberg.

impressive very nice

Yuppie life appeals you?
Or you just like the wealth?

This was on yesterday and man, the business card scene is so good

Even beyond the memes, it states the general theme of the film so well. The way Bateman reacts to all the cards is great considering that they're just small pieces of paper

So did he kill all those people or was it all just a giant fantasy in his head?

How did Paul Allen gets dubs at Dorsia while I can only eat at Texarkana?

Anyone ever hear the director of this movie's opinions on the characters? It's like she had no fucking clue what film she was making. She calls the males in the movie losers while seemingly being blissfully unaware that they're like pinnacle performers in the business world and even if they hate their lives or lead pretty empty existences, most guys would kill to be in that professional position because they have to work jobs like that to get the highest grade pussy available. It's awesome to see how clueless a woman is about this sort of thing. She calls all of those guys losers while almost unquestionably never entertaining the thought of dating someone remotely below their occupational success. In fact, any woman who watches this movie seems to be completely and utterly confused by it like the entire movie is a blindspot to them.

At least I'm not a part of that whole Yale thing

I just realized that Luis is in Silicon Valley.

What do you mean Yale thing?

Well, I mean he was a closeted homosexual who did a lot of cocaine.

What sort of product does Bateman use in his hair where he can fucking murder someone and yell and toss his head around in a rage like that yet his hair is only slightly messed up? Pomade? I'm asking for a super gay friend of mine who thinks Christian Bale is handsome and even cares about shit like hair products haha

I love the little motion he does as he says this line.

Why was Green Goblin in American Psycho?

Pomade most likely.

He 100% killed SOME of those people (as the realtor at the end implies they found some bodies and got rid of them), but other murders (the police shootout and the exploding car by a 9mm pistol) were fantasies.

Because THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT and he had to check it out.

Whole movie is asmr

Check THESE

He didn't kill all those people, but he is a murderer. So the hooker and homeless guy, probably, maybe his coworker, probably not all the cops. Think of his crimes in terms of what would be easiest to get away with, where easier = more likely to have happened.

Quads will destroy the board though

>when other people pick up on your meme and keep it going for you

Feelsgoodman

He's a psychopath, but he's too gutless to actually murder anyone. This is shown at the end when the lawyer talks about how Bateman is too cowardly to ever do any of the things said in the voicemail. And notice how bateman is also said to be a loser and a dork at the dinner with Paul Allen. It's basically the only thing the other yuppies notice about him he's a spineless bitch.

You have to be at least a vice president to pull it off.

Fuck. If I was a VP I would be pulling down 500k a year.

NOW: a little thing that crossed my mind which is probably not an uncommon theory but it did cross my mind and I haven't really gotten to talk with anyone about:

Were all the VPs, everyone in the business card scene and stuff - were they all just split personalities in his head? When he "killed" Paul Allen, did he just kill off that personality? The whole "no one can tell any of them apart" thing, basically the premise of a lot of the interactions between them, etc. I think there are only like 2 scenes where I could argue that they're actually different people such as 3rd party characters addressing them separately. It's been a while since I've seen it, I'd have to go back and find em.

The director herself said that he actually is a killer, but she still left the subject of what was and wasn't real extremely ambiguous. So for sure he killed some people, but there's no concrete way to determine who. So for people like Paul Allen, did he actually kill Paul Allen (and did his lawyer just confuse Paul Allen with someone else, which is a recurring theme in the movie), or did he just imagine it? There's no way of knowing.

Honestly not a bad theory.

How did Jared Leto prepare for the scene where he was violently axe murdered?

I think they are all different, but to Patrick they are practically the same, which is why they all have the same position in the company. Remember the movie is from Patrick's point of view. He didn't actually see an ATM say feed me a cat then have a shoot out with the police. But it's likely he wrote in his journal about that because his life is so shallow and superficial it's his psychopathic way of escapism.Maybe he did murder a hobo or kill a cat, but he didn't do shit like drop a chainsaw on that hooker he wishes he did but he also wants to fit in. He wants to conform and be trendy. Just like his favorite song is about.

One thing I never really see discussed is that at the end Patrick's secretary finds his journal. I feel like that's setting up him having some sort of repercussion.

More things that "support" my shitty little headcanon theory that I forgot to post now that I'm actually seeking through my copy of the movie: how basically everyone is having affairs with each other's wives/finacees/girlfriends. Plus this little thing (pic related): Bateman does that weird hand movement Allen did in the "no can do" part before the business card scene, exactly like he did when arguing with the laundry people over those sheets like 13 minutes in, granted Bateman had open hands and Allen had closed fists. The up and down motion of their hands is identical. Plus everyone confusing Bateman's place with Allen's place after he "killed" him, granted I know the reason being he just took his keys and "adopted" his identity when he did the rest of the shit in the movie.

I'm not saying any of this is true and thinking I'm some deep WHOA movie analyst. But it's always been food for thought for me, plus maybe the jannies and mods will let this thread exist if we actually discuss the movie instead of just being a digits thread.

Why hasn't I thought of that before. Great theory user. In a sense even IF this wasn't what's intended, it's still somewhat true as he projects himself onto the other characters a lot, so he's not even aware of the real "them"

His lawyer said he saw Paul Allen and even Willem Dafoe was looking for Paul Allen.

Right, in my dumb theory, his lawyer is defending all of the VPs, so when he asks about all that, the lawyer might be keen into Bateman's insanity but says fuck it because he's getting paid a fuck load. Willem Dafoe is looking for Paul Allen, summoned by Allen's family. Bateman could be living a double life as Allen with Allen's family, then just stopped going to Allen's home, going missing, prompting them to hire a detective into his disappearance.

If dubs no remake

YA BLEW IT

How do I get dubs?

gotta believe

Ok, I'll try to believe. Here goes...

>he didn't just bee himself

so close

literally just watched this movie again for the first time in like 8 years

wew lads

Watch this.

"No Dubs"

Impressive, but check these

well you sound like a fag (sorry, been out all day)

Trips on a AP thread? How'd he swing that?

>what about trips?

what does he say again?

No u (I'm still here)

checked

>newfags don't know what a scriptfag is