Sup Forums, how did you feel about the way the big villain Doctor Strange was "defeated"...

Sup Forums, how did you feel about the way the big villain Doctor Strange was "defeated"? I know this board hated the way Ronan was taken out and in a way this was kind of similar as it was a punchline.

Someone mind spoiling the ending for me? I haven't gone to watch Strange and don't plan to any time soon.

He annoyed the big bad until it agreed to go away.

Strange bargaining with the big extra dimensional cosmic bad was the most in character thing they could've done and it was by far the best moment of the movie. You even asking this outs you as a casual.

Unless you're refering to Kaecilius, which you shouldn't because he not only wasn't the real villain, he was barely a character and a criminal waste of Mads. Dormammu was handled well, appearance aside.

Strange has always made deals, bargains, and outsmarted other dimensional beings 100 times over in the comics

The ending was reportable the most true to comic scene that isn't even from a comic book.

I felt it was the best thing (besides the imagery) they done cause there was no way Strange could take out Dormammu in a fight, especially in the Dark Dimension and it still makes Dormammu look all powerful, even in his defeat.

It's literally the most unique way to defeat a villain I've seen in a comic book movie

It reminded me of Neil Gaiman's Sandman for some reason.

Does anyone get what I mean, or am I nuts?

Part of it was a missed opportunity, the movie didn't properly show how well he had mastered the mystical arts yet, they should've left it even more vague, and then at the end (like Groundhog Day) have him try out new defensive/offensive tactics, spells he hadn't mastered (that we hadn't been shown, but that he had read in the library), and had him keep getting better and better, even though at the end knowing he would still die, he could at least 'hurt' Dormammu, or stretch out his life a little longer; so that when Dormammu gave up and Strange returned to Earth, after weeks/months/years in the loop, the audience would know he was now a master sorcerer.

Perfect. What else would have made sense?

>Amateur magician defeating a eons old God through sheer firepower
>Dance off
>Magic Muffin that saves everyone

Instead we see Strange stand 0 zero chance in a fire fight and be forced to use his brain.

It was the ideal way.
It's a perfect culmination of Strange's character development while still establishing Dormammu as a credible threat and leaving the door open for his return.

Because remember, Strange's trick only worked because Dormammu had no exposure to the concept of time. Now Dormammu does. That tactic won't work again.

If you hated the way Ronan died then you probably missed the point

You're forgetting. Any movie where the audience laughs can't ever have a point.

>hero uses different pieces of knowledge presented throughout the storyline, and puts them together in a creative and unexpected way in order to resolve the major conflict.

literally a perfect climax.

Dormammu lives in his dark dimension, where the concept of time doesn't exist. Go figure.

Mid way through the movie, Dr.S finds a spell that lets him fuck with time using the EYE OF AGAMOTTO. He almost fucks himself up but Mordo and Wong stop him.

In the final confrontation with Dormammu, right before he meets with him, he sets a time point and then asks him to bargin. Dormammu promptly deletes him, and his death triggers a time loop, basically trapping him and Dormammu in that same moment forever. Dormammu freaks out and says fuck it. So he leaves and takes his little bad guys away, absorbing them into the Dark Dimension.

I had no problem with the sequence I hated that fact that Dormammu was yet another stupid space cloud with a face. It's a bland and boring design choice

>space cloud with a face

It wasn't a cloud, and they could still change his appearance for the time when he steps into our realm for tangible reasons or whatever.

Yeah man ghost rider with a cape is so original

This would have been amazing.

Oh fuck off you little MCUck I didn't even see this movie but to dismiss a master artist because if a character that looks vaguely similar (that came after Dormammu) is unbelievable asual faggotry

It wasn't a punch line. It was a clever way to wrap up the story without the need for a climactic, cliched final battle.
Strange is a sorceror, not the fucking iron fist.
His movie ending with a feat of cunning rather than a feat of superior kung-fu is a really smart move by the writer.

lol, nice projecting there Sup Forums

Must be because it's the first movie to actually tap into the higher planes of Marvel.
GOTG only gave us glimpses. This movie for the first time gave us other dimensions, magic and a god-level entity.

>is a moviefag that thinks Dormammu came after Ghost Rider and defends "le big space face" design
>calls others Sup Forums
What was he saying with this statement?

>I didn't even see this movie
Opinion discarded

We're talking about comic Dormammu's design. I may not have seen a shitty MCU film but you can't even read a thread you unbelievable faggot

I found it fitting and a nice move overall.

Cumberbatch did the mocap for Dormammu. The director implied that Dormammu changes his face depending on who he interracts with. It also implies that his form would be different if he entered our world.

I didn't even really like the movie, but I loved how they handled defeating Dormammu.

Actually it's was pretty cool. That could be awesome with more dramatic and slower deaths and sufferings.

Don't you dare comparing
>DANCE OFF BRO xDxD
With this

We only saw his face and part of his hand, and it looked pretty faithful to his original look, so fuck off.

I actually liked it. It's nice to have a climax that wasn't a fight, and it did really reveal how far Dr. Strange as a character has come from the start.

I found it entertaining, but at the same time, I kind of felt like it wasn't even a defeat, it felt like he was pestered into leaving. I hope he returns to cause havoc.

Really liked it, although i wish they had introduced some more horror in that scene. Have it so that Strange had to keep this up for what would be a thousand years or something like that

Does he die?

Worse

How do we know he didn't?

Becomes a mindless one.

Well that's what I mean.
They only show 6-9 deaths total, and neither me or my friends who saw it assumed there were more.
The implication of a thousands years of death was missing from that scene it think.

I applaud it for being a unique way an MCU villain was beaten

Loved it
The final act was one of the strongest they're done so far I think

No he turns CG

not a moviefag, samefag

just tired of seeing that one MvC rendition over and over as if the charcter has always looked like a shitty ghost rider knockoff

keep pretending you read comics though Sup Forums