I know it may not be a popular opinion, but I'm really gonna miss this guy

I know it may not be a popular opinion, but I'm really gonna miss this guy.

It was a good idea, weaponized symbiote on a soldier makes a lot of sense.
But sacrificing big teeth crazy classic Marvel monster/villain Venom to do it?
It wasn't a good enough trade.

Would have been probably been better as an original idea, but also probably wouldn't have lasted as long without the venom brand behind it

But even during Agent Venom we still got classic Venom every time that Flash got pissed or started to lose control. Venom SK would have been tons better if the whole comic wasn't trying to fix the mess that Bendis had made with Venom in GotG

I love bara tier designed charcters

>Venom threads

>the weekly Symbiote threads
There are some of us who remember

>Flash is losing Venom
>the Mania Hell brand issue wasn't actually resolved
>Flash and Mania are going to purgatory for the foreseeable future so it will never actually be resolved

Why can't we just get a book about a girl, her coach and some space goo?

Seriously though I can't think of a teen hero whose got it as rough as Mania in terms of page time. The second she gains any traction she's back in the closet.

If the monkey paw holds true she may appear in Champions I sure hope she does

I remember when I wanted my C list teen hero to be used again.

Keeping up character stories is way too much work for Marvel nowadays. It's really insulting that Space Knight ends with an upbeat page only for the next book to tell us 'lol Flash loses the symbiote'

Still waitting for the call back from Marvel to green light my All New Midnight Sons book

Worst idea was feeling the need to explain the symbiotes origin. Also I miss Eddie

>I miss Eddie
You should be reading Carnage user

i really liked flash, i've been a big venom fanboy as long as i can remember, and while i still yearn for a well done lethal protector AND space knight, it looks like im getting neither

this new venom sounds just like a beefy carnage, venom was always an asshole who walked the line of anti-hero & villain, but his thing was always about protecting the innocent and killing when necessary. not just murder for the sake of murder. i hope they go for the cop out and say this new venom is the clone and flash gets normal venom back, after the whole arc of them being basically destined for each other and make a perfect team, to go from that to "im crueler and eviler than everer" is kinda a kick in the teeth

/rant

im ok with the whole "agent of the cosmos = symbiote green lantern core" but i would have preferred a little more ambiguity.

making symbiotes the misunderstood race of heroes that people dont get kinda makes flash using the evil corrupting symbiote for good, and making it a good guy by proxy weaker too

We hate it

Call me a fanboy, IDC. Venom (Eddie) has been a favorite character of mine since I was a kid and I can't stand the fact that they've decided to change Venom from being an actual character to be a constantly rotating namesake for tons of characters to run though

Marvel needs to leave the "legacy character" shtick to DC and that's that

Plus we've seen like what? 10? Symbiotes and they're all varying degrees of psychotic asshole

I'm curious about the new series.

If they do it like a new host and tons of body hopping, it mite b cool, but also THEY HATE IT!

Agent Venom legit became my favorite hero, and the last page of Spaceknight just made me so sad we won't be getting more of him and Mania.

C'mon Marvel, she's a teen girl struggling with an inner demon. She's even got piercings! USE HER!

>tfw I'm the one who started those threads.
I was fine with them, but it started getting dumb when we had nothing new to show, and it was just posting the same images over and over, and one guy just kept bumping with no content.

I really need to get around to storytiming all of Spaceknight now that it's over.

Same. Not looking forward to the new Venom at all, but I'll give it a chance. I've never liked a straight up evil Venom (Aside from his first appearance), and it;s why I hated Gargan so much.

all they really had to do was say 'okay THESE symbiotes call themselves The Kylntar and want to be used for good, and want to help venom and make him a member. rather than insisting 'no, all symbiotes are inherently good and just get corrupted by baddies'

I'll miss this sleek version of Venom from Guardians of The Galaxy, does anyone have any more good pictures of him?

>Loving Agent Venom early on
>"WHOOPS TIME FOR A BIG CROSSOVER, YOU BOYS LOVE THAT DON'T YOU? NO PROBLEM WITH TAKING SOME MONTHS OUT OF THE MAIN PLOT, IT SURELY WON'T HURT SALES"
>"Hmm, but what should we do for a symbiote plot?"
>"I know! Let's kill Toxic's partner in a gutter and use him as an antagonist!"

God fucking dammit, I loved Toxic, and when they finally bring him back it's an entirely different character to fight against Venom.

And now Agent Venom's leaving too, fuck.

Seems pretty similar to the initial design, just missing the spiked football shoulder pads.

this is a great compromise, some of the more rational and sentient of the symbiotes become basically the analogue to the guardians of Oa and found the "Klyntar" to make up for the scourge that is the more feral and evil symbiotes. symbiotes arent inherantly evil or good, just an extremely impressionable species with great potential for both, and since sentient life is usually full of assholes they tend to pick up evil more than good.

So do we know for sure who's getting the Symbiote next?

while i miss the opportunity that was abandoned with toxin, i kinda like that eddies toxin became the "venoms venom" by hunting and tormenting flash.

and yes crossovers seem to be one of the driving forces of venoms downfall, spider island was pretty ok but interfered with arent venom, then civil war 2 decided to fuck with the guardians and by extension space knight which both of those really didn't need more shit to deal with

thanks marvel

no, marvels using the "ooh who will it beeeeeeee" as a selling point, gotta sell those #1 amirite

reeeeeeeee

You must not love him enough to know his name is fuckin Toxin not Toxic.

To be honest I wouldn't mind a series where the main character is the Venom symbiote itself, where we see things from its perspective and its thoughts as it goes from host to host trying to find a new main stay. But I don't think Marvel would try something like that.

10 bucks says it's a POC

I'm pretty sure the lettered preview implied that the Venom symbiote is going to be the narrator for the comic, we just haven't seen it's main host yet, we just see it take over some hobo and talk about how it's weak right now.

considering the venom symbiote did learn how to constitute itself into its humanoid form and can maintain it for up to 24 hours before needing rest. and it lead to some cool moments that let the symbiote feel like a full on character and not just a living costume. could be interesting seeing it do that or get itself a decoy body
(lmd, robot ala kletus or flashes robo legs, etc)

>the venom symbiote did learn how to constitute itself into its humanoid form and can maintain it for up to 24 hours before needing rest.

Things no writer is going to remember. Expect it to just be a black costume that gives whoever wears it big teeth and spider-man powers.

I was actually really surprised when I read the Thompson run of Space Knight. Actually seemed within the same vein of character progression that was going on in the Remender-Bunn comic. Only real issue seemed to be more in part of all the stupid shit Bendis left over and had them work with, but Thompson did well to write it to his advantage. Kinda similar to what Duggan and Acker did with Deadpool and its Annual with the steaming shit Way left in their hands after the character's 2008 run. With Flash and Venom returning to Earth and continuing the Mania/Hell Mark plotline, it's going to be a shame to see the character go away right as he's getting back on track.

at the very least, if the new run can maintain its artist more consistantly than agent and space knight, there's gonna be some cool ass images of venom

I've been rereading Remender's run and I had forgotten how inconsistent the artist was there. It's almost distracting.

I thank god every day that Agent Venom is fucking over.
It was a fucking pile of shit.

Flash Venom is my fav Venom.

And I loved Venom in space.

its not even like theres any bad art, its just that the second you get comfortable with a character design, someone else shows up and changes a whole buncha shit

Keep in mind, though, that the majority of the symbiotes we know, outside of the Venom symbiote, were born on Earth and were corrupted by their hosts whom were already crazy.

Also remember that the original origin of the Venom symbiote was that it was a pariah to its race because it wanted to bond with a host and share their experiences, rather than completely dominate them (as seen in the original 90's Planet of the Symbiotes story).

>I loved Toxic
Clearly, considering you don't even know the character's name.

>considering the venom symbiote did learn how to constitute itself into its humanoid form

I didn't even understand that plot point. The symbiote has ALWAYS been able to exist on its own.

To me, it seems like the creature bonds with a host to become "more". Its symbiosis. Its not a one way street, where the host gets all the powers... the symbiote gains strength it wouldn't otherwise have, too.

Unless Mania is adversarial to Kamala and acts like a foil to her preachy "no colateral damage let's fix things" then I'd rather have Mania stay in purgatory.

I really liked Flash as Venom. Worked almost perfectly with Flash for both the character and I like to think with Venom itself. Plus Remender's run on the characters was excellent.

I love how the Venom Symbiote loved being attached to Peter so much it continued to maintain almost the entirety of his powerset from one host to the next.

I think most people who are big Venom fans prefer Flash. That, or Eddie, but Eddie can get fucked. He's never been interesting.

>no All New Midnight Sons
>no Mania on the All New Fantastic Four
Fuck.

You know who I'd like to see as Agent Venom, either in main canon or a flash-forward thing? An older Miles Morales.
Partially because of the venom strike synergy, and partially because I like the idea of Miles constantly deadpan reacting to Venom itself being an asshole.

From the covers, looks like it's gonna be some hobo.

Eddie has had a weird time, and is probably one of the only characters barring venom itself that never really got rebooted or had his continuity change. So even though i dont like what marvel does with him he's one of the few characters allowed to keep his history, and for some reason it makes me still like him

I loved him as "strangers in the niiight" lethal protector

I liked him as the cooky healer of antivenom for the most part

And i really liked him as toxin(after he "died") being basically a cool villain/begrudging team up with flash venom, it was a cool take on the spidey/ venom team up put on its head

Symbiote hunter and born again brock less so.

First issue venom will be body jumping till it finds a new host

Had to grab this while I could, there's no way this beautiful bastard is getting any more merch ever

>Miles Morales.
That would be a fucking atrocious idea and you should be ashamed of yourself.

not retarded, not gigantic version

>And i really liked him as toxin
Uhh... he's still Toxin.

obviously i cant into tense

i meant i liked him in the agent venom run but i havent read yet his interactions with carnage and his new costume design

man marvel really like throwing symbiote designs at a wall right now

Loved these

This one was retarded and ugly

I just really wish he had come with an alternate classic Venom head for when he transforms like in the comic.

Patrician taste

what's this from?

The currently running Deadpool: Back In Black series.

Its AU, but totally applicable to the point. Was just a good example.

So how did Venom jump ship from Flash and who's the new host?

We don't know. Nothing was set up in the final Space Knight issue.

BUY VENOM #1 NOW TO FIND OUT

Agent Venom was a legit good change, and provided an interesting new story for flash, but Space Knight can go fuck itself, just another one of marvels terrible redesigns fitted with GoTG synergy crap.

I mean, I liked Spaceknight for what it was. The writer was doing the best he could with what he was given.

It's really sad though, because the entire last issue just shows what he really wanted to do the entire time. What could have been...

It seems to be the kid from the top two left panels?

isnt that just peter and flash's memories? especially the punch which is i think supposed to be both of them

so does eddie still look like agent venom 2: thunderbolts boogaloo or does he actually look like toxin again?

Well according to Spaceknight, the symbiote's forgotten all its hosts except for its very first one (From before Spider-man), and Flash, so I don't think it's Peter. The rest of the panels are all Flash, except for the kid sleeping (and then getting punched by someone who might be Flash) so I dunno.

It also appears to be the same guy on the cover for issue #3

What can I say? I like symbiotes.
He still looks like that. Carnage isn't over yet.

I'm really hoping they at least give him a new symbiote soon, because just going back to normal Flash will be complete bullshit.