Finally, an episode that can honestly be called great

Finally, an episode that can honestly be called great.

a great stinking pile of shit

What specifically did you not like about it?

nothing. I haven't seen it. I just wanted to ruin your shitty subreddit

I know im going to sound like a pleb but I was so confused during the whole episode, can somebody give me a quick rundown.

I was hoping they wouldn't go the "left drumpf" route, and I'm still not sure they didn't. However, actually bringing back a character and making him further his plans was pretty good and goes against the "lol nihilism" shit the bad writers love to put out. Pretty good episode over all, and a decent sequal to one of the better episodes of the series.

Best episode of the series to be honest.

This was the first episode of the season that had balls. They tried something new and it worked really well imo. Compared to Pickle Rick which is essentially the opposite of doing something new and aims solely to capture the tiny rick/get schwifty meme audience.

>>/gaiaonline/

Was this episode structured around the wire? It seems like every season of the wire was represented in one of the plotlines.

Season 1 -> Cop Morty and Cop Rick, fairly obvious
Season 2 -> blue collar factory workers (not a perfect fit for the dockworkers in S2, but pretty good)
Season 3 -> Evil Morty's candidacy, running as a morty in a town where only Ricks become leader (like CIA becoming a white mayor of Baltimore)
Season 4 -> The Morty school
Season 5 -> Occassional news reports about what was happening by those anchorman Ricks

Just so you know, this episode was written by a woman.

Thought the same.

There are women, and then, there are THOTS.

/ourgirl/

Ryan Ridley isn't a woman. Also he's the true genius behind all of this show's best episodes.

the pickle rick episode was pretty good until he left the sewer

>This was the first episode of the season that had balls.
Very well put. Even the humor seemed to push it in all the right places. The quick pacing works so much better when the jokes are actually good.

I don't give a damn if the writer is male or female as long as they can write the show well. The problem is the female writers this season were diversity hires and didn't actually have the necessary skills. If anything they only made the issue worse by virtue signalling about it.
>hire a bunch of shitty writers because they're female
>brag about sticking it to the sexists
>sexists retaliate by claiming the female eps will be shit
>female eps end up being shit because they hired females instead of writers
>sexists get the justification they wanted
>now there's more hate for female writers more than before

Anyway, this episode was written by a dude.

>everyone screaming "DRUMPF REFERENCE, DRUMPF REFERENCE"

Fuck off. It was literally just your typical "bad guy pretends to be a good guy running for a position of power, then reveals his true nature once he gains everyone's trust" scenario.

the episode is about how the citadel is rebuilding itself after rick destroyed it, oh and evil morty is elected president of the citadel

it was a family guy like episode where they use plots from movies to make an episode

Season 3 was the Stanfield / Barksdale War resulting from the release of Avon, the burners, and the tale of Cutty.

The only good episode this season.

And by this I mean that Season 4 was where CIA ran for mayor, he was only introduced toward the end of Season 3 as a councilman.

Why am I supposed to give a fuck about a citadel full of random ricks and mortys that they've blown up and killed a million times over?
And did anyone seriously not see this coming?
From the first scene with evil morty in it I knew it was evil morty.
And I'm so tired of shitty parodys.
Stand by me, oh how funny.
Training day oh how funny.

Shit episode. Only laugh I had was the second ad for those rick snacks.

this, if anything President Morty is more like Obama anyway. Plus it's not like the Ricks were being portrayed in a positive light either. Not everything needs to be some direct Trump reference just because an election is involved.

wouldn't that morty be more of an obama reference, given the black/white analogy of the episode, if anything?

It was a 10/10 episode to be honest. I really havent liked a single episode of season three up till tonight. But this one was meseeks 2.0

It truly was a great episode

What the fuck is the point of a character show if you're just going to have every joke be about how the alternate versions of those characters don't act like them? Shit episode, shit season.

So the President Morty is the Evil Morty from Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind right?

What's that even supposed to mean?

Imagine being this stupid.

>And I'm so tired of shitty parodys.
Fucking seconded. That Mad Max shit earlier was so half-assed. If I wanted unfunny parodies I'd watch SNL.

Yes.

>What's that even supposed to mean?
The fuck do you think? The punchline in every scene was, "Haha, these Ricks are different from the main Rick, and these Mortys are different from the main Morty."

I'm sure you don't have to try too hard.

Yes. It confirms it at the end. Look at the photos floating next to that dead Morty.

Do you think that campaigh manager morty trying to assassinate evil morty was a set-up planned by evil morty to gain sympathy to get him elected? Because Trench Coat Rick was floating amongst the dead Ricks and Mortys ejected into space.

That wasn't the punchline of any joke in the episode.

Or you know because he set up an assassination plot

The Simple Rick wafer plot was perfect.

Could be that Evil Morty also knew about Trench Coat Rick and killed him too.

>Hes not my Rick.. he's my parter.. aw geez
when I knew it was going to be a good episode. also simple rick managed to be the hilarious joke that pickle rick tried to be with like a tenth of the effort/hype

>That wasn't the punchline of any joke in the episode.
It was the joke every time a new Rick or Morty was introduced.
>haha, it's cool rick! it's like if rick was cool xP
>lmao slick morty? man where do they come up with this?
>holy...f-f-f-FAT MORTY?!?!?! genius

You couldn't even name a single example.

Regarding Fat Morty, the joke isn't "Haha look, it's a fat version of Morty." The joke is that he thought he was left-handed Morty, but he's actually a fatass. Regarding Cool Rick, the joke isn't "Haha, look, it's a cool version of Rick." The joke is that all the hardworking factory line Ricks got passed over just because he's cool.

These aren't even subtle jokes but somehow I have to explain them to you.

>Trump is accidentally so similar to Hitler you can't tell if a show is parodying one or the other
Really gets the noggin' joggin'.

so that's 3 episodes in a row that were written by men and were great... well ep 6 was just ok, but still better then average of the rest of S3.

Does anybody else think that maybe Dan and Justine made a deal that Dan's shitty women hires would helm the first half of the season, and the regulars would handle the second half? Keep in mind the rumors of tension between Justine and Dan before the season premiere.

The point is that every joke needed a new character created so that it would make sense. That's forced and lazy writing. They should just admit that they're out of ways to make the main characters funny.

He named 3 examples that were in the show and then elaborated on his point. How did you miss that?

Episode blended well and I loved the Wire Morty

the oh Geezes were great and the Evil Morty monologue was kino

I enjoyed it

A bunch of new characters based on the old ones was the episode's premise, not some last ditch effort to come up with new material. Also:

>ambitious episode that tries something completely new
>LAZY WRITING LAZY WRITING LAZY WRITING

Because that's not what the punchline was in each of those scenes. Nobody was supposed to laugh just upon seeing Slick Morty. The mere existence of the characters isn't the punchline of those jokes.

This meme comes from their mobile game. They're going to continue to push random ricks and mortys so they can make more money on their game.

At least this episode was better than the fucking retarded toxin episode where morty was ripped away from an awesome life for no discernable reason.

The only good episode in s3 and it also happens to be the only 10/10 episode of the entire series.

Was the punchline that they acted exactly as you'd expect given their archetypes?

Thanks, I was only paying half attention I'll rewatch.

>A bunch of new characters based on the old ones
That's exactly what I was refuting in my original post. They're not based on the old ones if they're just act archetypal. You could have replaced Rick and Morty with anyone else and the writing would have been identical.

Agreed, that was the nadir of the season.

>The fuck do you think?
I think your post reads like a trauma victim, and that your point was lost in your terrible wording, which is why I asked you to explain it better.

Aside from the fact that you're cherrypicking, what the fuck are they supposed to do? Have every single Rick and Morty be exactly the same as the originals?

The only thing I'm excited for is actual tension again.
When rick got tossed in super max galactic prison I thought maybe that would be a major plot point in the show but it wasn't even a speed bump. After they spent what, like 3 or 4 episodes on that whole ordeal in the last season I thought maybe we'd see how they got out of it but they just blew through it like it didn't matter and so far we've had nothing but pointless filler episodes since.
Plus ricks revenge or lack thereof on the government and those who wronged him and killed bird person never happened.
Still waiting for phoenix person and tammy to appear.
Now that evil morty is back maybe the narrative can move forward but I doubt it.

>I think your post reads like a trauma victim
I guess that's how bad the episode was.

>Aside from the fact that you're cherrypicking, what the fuck are they supposed to do? Have every single Rick and Morty be exactly the same as the originals?
How about ditch the idea entirely and write a funnier episode?

>political lefty commentary
>awfully obvious "twist"
>no jokes at all
>le epic meta commentary
It was shit like all Reddick and Memety episodes

the only thing i didn't like about it is how rushed the narrative felt, otherwise the episode really surprised me, i didn't expect it to get as dark as it was

What leftist commentary was there? I only remember the joke about the black teens and the police gala or whatever, but that wasn't really opinion based, black teens hate cops.

>At least this episode was better than the fucking retarded toxin episode where morty was ripped away from an awesome life for no discernable reason.
The reason in the episode was pretty clear. Good Rick felt responsible for toxin R&M and didn't want them to lose parts of themselves. After he rejoined he probably wanted to fuse Morty back together because he cared for Toxin Morty, and more importantly he probably just wanted his Morty back.

There were some weird issues with the logic, but I think it rested more on the conclusion that the toxin versions were what Rick and Morty interpreted as their bad sides. If that were the case, good Rick likely wouldn't be empathetic at all and toxin Rick would be an idiot.

>political lefty commentary
How so?

Also this episode is great because of how much world building in managed to pack in less than a half hour. There's a fucking thread right now about economy in screen writing and here you go man, this would be an example of an extremely economical script.

gimme your analysis senpai, really looking forward to it.

You guys realize that they'll avoid mentioning everything that has happened in this episode except the Atlantis stuff for like 2 years and then scrap it all for a dumb gag just like they did with the first council right?

Don't get your pickle dicks too hard there won't be any serious plot progression or worldbuilding.

This season finale is called The Rickchurian Mortydate, which seems like a pretty clear follow-up to this.

Liberal agenda is starting the show in this episode. Its painfully obvious the narrative they are going with. FIgures since Turner owns CNN as well.

"asking for donations for a black teenagers funeral at a policemans ball

>people here actually agressively defending this pile of reddit shit
Holy fuck, just end this board already.

>extremely economical writing
More like ADHD mixed with a healthy dose of schizoid tendencies that refuse to acknowledge any emotion that's not surface deep lmao

As far as political humor goes, this was pretty harmless though, no? I mean, regardless of your political beliefs, you'd probably agree that black teens tend not to like cops, right? It's just a statement of fact.

Haha fuck reddit!

yeah I dont doubt that. like whatever that morty campaign manager saw in the envelope that made him try to assassinate candidate, Im sure that even the writers have no idea what that is, and they don't know where they are going with that sub plot. it was still a funny episode

Your writing can be all those things and still be economical. What's your point?

So Starwars prequels ripoff

Why are you on this board if not to discuss tv and movies? Fucking retard

>you'd probably agree that black teens tend not to like cops, right?
That wasn't the punchline, you fucking rdditor. It's about how all cops shooting the poor dindus for fun. LE EBIL RACIZZZ

It helps that the episode wasn't written by diversity hires.

This.
Next week's episode is this seasons interdimensional cable cept with traumatic morty memories instead of tv shows I guess.

Wtf is "it's kino" even supposed to mean !?

When I go to the kino I bring extra rope nowadays. Stop using this nu male term
Ree

Holy fucking shit this is Kino

every leddit and memey episode:
>stolen sci-fi concepts
>simple multiplicative principle applied to whatever
>fantasy characters in lieu of actual sci-fi characters (alice in wonderland tier)
>plots which never go anywhere except where they started (it's a circle, so intelligent)

People who don't like this episode are basically just hating it to hate. All negative criticism should be disregarded.

no idea why Sup Forums is trying so hard to hate this episode. its one good episode in the entire season thats still pretty bad. but I think we all have to admit this one episode was great

Dude Drumpf lmao

Except morty's weren't portrayed as innocent victims, and the one who was stabbed rick in the back.

Thank you, male-writing.

I think the best moment of this episode was the faulty portal gun

Why does Sup Forums automatically think any dictator character is a metaphor for Trump?

RMMT

btfo

absolute SIKKposting
10/10 please continue to trigger these dumb redditor faggots at every opportunity

Cite? Do you have the list of writers by episode so we can compare?

Episode has nothing to do with trump.

Are you retarded?

oh what because theres two pictures? what about all that writing? what does it say?? they don't know, and thats fine, it doesn't matter. we may never find out, and it doesn't matter. it was still a funny episode

The plot synopsis for the last episode of this season is something like "rick fights the president" or something, so I think you're wrong.

>Sup Forums suddenly likes randumb humour

It was obviously based on the election.

So Slick is really evil Morty right.
He jumped in the portal got sent back in time or something, his implant, the dramatic implant, gives him Rick-tier intelligence.

Boom. Solved it for you. Big Reveal.