Holy shit. Best episode of Season 3 tonight. That was incredible

Holy shit. Best episode of Season 3 tonight. That was incredible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk
reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/6tkvaa/final_of_third_season_theory/)
twitter.com/danharmon/status/898019248483614720
youtube.com/watch?v=gKTVQPOH8ZA
google.rs/search?q=manchurian candidate&rlz=1C1CHBD_enRS744RS744&oq=manchurian&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0j69i59j69i61l3.5795j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
youtube.com/watch?v=fjNQMpxVk_4
youtube.com/watch?v=FUVnfaA-kpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never thought I would be here saying this lads.

It was a perfect episode.

The dialogue, the pacing, everything about it was masterful.

It even managed to slip in those subtle redpills for the normies.

We live in interesting times, fucking Rick and Morty is the most based and redpilled show on television.

Agreed. Imagine if the rest of the episodes are of this caliber. I think they released all the shit episodes as filler between ep 1 and this.

It was perfect

I loved Evil Morty's monologues
and I loved how seamlessly they did the world building here

This shit is almost worth putting up with their fucking fan base

My favourite episode by far.
Really took me off guard, considering how season 3 started off. Hoping it maintains its quality

>morties are black people
>ricks are white people
WTF I thought Dan Harmon was a SJW

>Rick is suppose to be a flippant genius
>All of them act like idiots

Um... plot hole much?

>blatant 'trump is evil' marxist junk

is this trolling?

Even if this weren't a really solid episode, Sup Forums has always liked R&M.

It was a great episode, but man the rest of the season really left a shit taste in my mouth.

Genius often act like idiots. Rick is a scientist, not a philosopher.

You didn't like the episode?
I thought it had excellent world building considering it ran under 30 minutes. It felt fresh, not even just in the context of this season. Maybe it's just not for everyone

The president morty part was political bullshit but the idea of evil morty coming back from last season had me hype I'll admit not bad writing and great premise otherwise
8.5/10 at least

The Toxic Rick and Rick and Jerry ones were great.. Also Rick SAWing people was great

I've enjoyed most of this season so far except Pickle Rick

the fanbase has become insufferable this season though and its leaving me with a bad taste

Were Futurama fans this bad?

>It even managed to slip in those subtle redpills for the normies.
You meanknow bluepills

>Dude we are all the same but the rich people keep us down

>Were Futurama fans this bad?
Oh god, much worse

I really liked the cyber punk "high tech low life" themes

the Rick Waffers scene was hilarious

Evil President Morty had some great lines even if his plot was a little more contrived than the rest

that whole debate scene was great I love the different Ricks and their commitments to their gimmicks

>people are seriously responding to this
reddit was a mistake

Same here, full season was shit, but this episode was full glory, i felt like i had a trannys pozzed dick in my mouth the whole episode, pure bliss

I also thought this was a very solid episode all around. It was definitely really good and I hope you all watch next week's Rick and Morty (tm) episode which is sure to be just as great.

>rick and morty isnt red pi-

>Really smart people don't get stuck in shit life situations/dead-end careers

Yes
Also I think the only episode that really wasn't good was Pickle Rick, which worked as a randumb joke in a trailer if you really love randumb jokes but really isn't something to base an entire plotline on in an episode
The Mad Max episode felt a bit half assed too but it had its moments (like the arm subplot) and it would've been hard to live up to the hype after the first episode of the season anyway

Overall the season has had a few missteps but after episodes 6 and 7 I think they're heading in the right direction again

anyone complaining about low effort pop culture parody in a show with the original premise "basically back to the Future but super edgy and dumb and fart jokes" is fucking retarded

Fucking incredible, I know that this sounds like an insult. But this episode felt longer than 30 minutes. When I looked down at my phone during the Big Morty club shootout scene and saw that we were barely halfway through I couldn't believe it. The amount of worldbuilding and development and stories that they told in just 30 minutes was unreal.

the whole season was garbage, this episode was kino

i fell you bro, same thing happened to me, i couldn't believe so much good stuff had happened under 10min

I'm sitting here kind of in shock at how amazing that was. I was seriously captivated. Just hope we don't have to wait too long to see more development of that story line.

the episodes written by women were garbage

>this is what redditors working at starbucks tell themselves

My friends and I were watching and we usually laugh and make jokes while watching tv, but we didn't even say a word because we were so engrossed in this episode. Definitely 10/10 right here.

This will probably get buried but I wanted to comment on the fact on Ricks being forced to do menial labor. In brave New world, everyone could be made into a genius. They could start automating things and I do actually think that's the best option. However, automating things would require a much lower population. The citadel "needs" to be organized the way it is because it both gives a role to Rick's who wouldn't have one and it gives Rick's who are more conniving than the others a chance at power. Not all Rick's are created equal. Sure they are mostly of the same intelligence, but some are better at scheming than others. And most want to feel pwerful. So the system is set up to control, not because it is necessary to have people filling those roles.

anyone know if the outro is an actual song?
also did they imply that they fucked mermaids?

i dunno who wrote what, they were all shit except this one, im not Sup Forums memeing, i legit thought they were all shit, i don't give a fuck about women writers or bluepills, i was about to abandon this show because it had gotten formulaic, simple, and pretty much unfunny, but tonight's episode convinced me otherwise

Our Rick is different cause he is antisocial, the rest of the Ricks are gay, it has been implied the whole show, they all have the same IQ but what separates them are their different grades of naivity

youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk

yes
yes

the other couple written by guys were about on par with other mid season episodes from s1/2, i mean they werent amazing but they werent terrible enough that something was clearly wrong

This episode was simply stunning, hands down my favorite episode thus far. The further this show goes on, the more and more the premise of the show (infinite iterations of the same duo, etc) is transforming from a comedy about human flaws (Rick and Morty as an anti-heroes) to a very meaningful analysis of humanity's flaws in general (Especially in episodes with political and social structures weaved into the plot like the galactic federation and the citadel).
There's already some very meaningful commentary in Rick and Morty on society, such as the problems of fiat money or issues dealing with scarcity.
Rick is the smartest man in the universe. A society of ricks, all slightly different, yet all following the same general structure, is not unlike how humanity has how itself as the smartest being in the universe (as far as we know). Despite being composed of nearly identical Ricks, the Citadel's society is still shows all of the trappings we associate with our societies. Lying politicians, gang violence, poverty, drugs, industries of pleasure, and loads of injustice. And just as
Something I noticed about Cop Rick and Cop Morty in this episode (and all the characters) was how much they were defined by their own different slice of the same society. Cop Morty has hardened and had seem some shit, where as Cop Rick was new as idealistic, still starry-eyed from the academy. The ricks factory rick was rebelling against were just other ricks who were treated differently by the society. Not unlike how even the most anyone you've ever hated or resented was just a another human, just like you.
Idk I think I'm just tired because it's like 3 am.

LOL
it was a good episode but its not an intellectual analysis of shit, the political ideas presented were adolescent as fuck, the good thing was the satiric treatment of the anti-alienating-capitalism genre

>Copypasting from reddit

Pretty sure he's just ripping comments from the reddit thread, especially since the times don't match up

This show is just so fucking good. All the world building and plot development from the last two and a half seasons has come together for this incredible episode. This is a show that is simultaneously an episodic low-brow toilet humor space adventure while also having a mapped-out, well-written, through-conceived plot that can give you chills. "Rick and Morty" is a show that lets you go on watching thinking it doesn't take itself seriously at all until you realize it does and it's fuckin GOOD.
Literal goosebumps when they started playing Evil Morty's theme. I can't believe how invested I am in this.

lel that makes sense, sometimes i forgot Sup Forums is smarter than me

Ignore it ... this is a bot or shill that is just spamming reddit comments on the episode

this is so reddit that i feel soffocated by the stale-cum odour

That was one hell of an episode! And I thought they were running out of ideas, but nope, here goes the bombshell, totally worth the wait. The moment Rick destroyed the citadel I knew it's going to be brought back. Now eyepatch Morty has enough power to crush Rick, which makes my theory (check it out btw reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/6tkvaa/final_of_third_season_theory/) even more plausible. Can't wait for next week!

honestly what do you get out of this?

Fuck, you're right, look at it, the two episodes written by women are widely acknowledged to be the worst of the series, interesting though that the Vindicators one was pretty good and that was written by two women, maybe two women=as much comedy as one man?

i know i'm just echoing literally everyone's opinion here, but i need to say it myself...THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST ASTOUNDINGLY IMPRESSIVE HALF HOURS OF TELEVISION THAN ANYTHING ELSE I HAVE WATCHED IN THE ENTIRETY OF MY NATURAL LIFE.
JR and DH should be inducted into fucking MENSA.

>Bluepill
>The rich people keep us down

>Redpill
>The (((rich people))) keep us down

abstract shit-posting

I must not be getting something.

Why don't the assembly line Ricks portal out of there to ~anywhere and live better lives. There is no galactic federation to hunt them down anymore

Well now that we've established this was a great episode, what do you think the motivations of Evil/Eyepatch/President Morty are?

Best theory I've heard is that the current C-137 Morty isn't the original and that the Evil Morty is and he's out for revenge after being left for dead by C-137 Rick, hence why he wanted to kill him

pretty obvious, the one left behind in the intro

THE ANSWER IS DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

This was probably the most cynical and fucked up episode yet. But it was great. If the Vindicators episode was one big hate letter from Dan Harmon to the Marvel movies, then this must've been some kind of love letter to...something.
More importantly than that, though, I think the episode succeeded in weaving together the different plot lines in a way that felt like they were each telling a part of a larger story.
permalinkreport

Meeseeks was trash though.

Rick and Morty is for fags

not remotely

his live podcast is a magnet for nerds of the entire spectrum so he's extremely tolerant of all forms of autism, figurative and literal

like he tries extra hard to make even severely insecure dorks feel welcome in his fanbase, and as a result when SJWs appear they are completely in context as yet another flavour of inept nerd lacking self awareness. he's had to deal with a few complete lunatics

if anything he feels pity for them

honestly SJWs are as much victims of culture as the rest of us are for having to listen to them

Christ I can't even tolerate Reddit when its ironically shitposted comments, its hard to read this shit without getting second hand embarrassment

the only thing worse than reddit is you faggots who feel the need to remind us of its existence in every single rick and morty thread

jesus christ shut the fuck up

This episode was INSANE. Felt like an hour long cause of how condensed it was, without detracting from the storytelling or enjoyment.
Fucking 1984-type race war sorta everything bundled all into one. Every Rick and every Morty (apart from a few special ones, looking at you Tall Morty) is EXACTLY the same, but the nature of the Citadel stops them from being equal.
Can't wait to see where this goes!

Watermelons look like breasts and are used for racial profiling of blacks and mega fruits look like balls and they are stolen by mortys and ricks trying to chase them out... That's some genius writing

They don't have portal guns. It's implied they're regulated. Why would the Rick who goes postal ask for a fully fueled portal gun if he already had one?

It's not like these references were deep or obscure or anything but apparently they were still over your head.

But I'm giving you a gold star anyway because you managed to express an opinion without invoking reddit. That's much better. Plus you're clearly a retard and retards fucking love gold stars.

So you have no proof. Thought so.

I want some of that mermaid pus too.

Morty became president. Wouldn't the other ricks find that a little rickdikulous i fucking hate myself that words to good to forget sorry my heads up my ass. I feel like the post will get banned I need to stay on track. Morty even says that all the ricks have the same biological makeup of the other ricks. Wouldn't they be able to put this thought "this morty is actually beating a rick. I mean dudes farted at a televised event and let "more lasers" be a better answer than what any speech was about how he sees them the same way. I just looked at my grammar. There's no periods. Damn. Sorry no turning back now, what, please don't less this be a
BOT ERROR

They're being systematically oppressed by the rick bureaucracy. The satire is that even when populated by beings who are literally born equal, our society is structured as slavery with extra steps.

>Vindicators one was pretty good
Still based on relationship and cheating drama.

No fucking way portal guns would be regulated, the moment a Rick makes a portal gun is supposed to be the moment he truly becomes Rick as shown in S03E01, it's supposed to be inherent to their nature. It wouldn't make any fucking sense if they were regulated.

no it isnt, the satire is that rick-proletariat-revolution was a cookie taste

they are regulated, it is implied by him wanting a portal gun and that bootleg portal gun fluid, why would anyone bootleg that if it wasn't regulated.

>tfw you will never slay merpucci with your grandpa
why even live

he used to be a anarcho-communist but now just cynical about everything after US went to shit.

twitter.com/danharmon/status/898019248483614720

>Dude we are all the same but the rich people keep us down
>the person who says this is evil morty
>he uses this rhetoric to win the election and cease power

????

isn't that just marxism?

Actually I heard his young wife divorcing him broke him more so

>popularly elected Morty who appeals to reason and the well-being of everyone on the Citadel is evil

delete this meme from the public record or get spaced

Can't wait to see them waste all this capital

Have you seen it ? Different stories from the Citadel are omages to different movies

The one with the coppers is almost identical to the Training day
youtube.com/watch?v=gKTVQPOH8ZA

The one with evil morty and his assistant is similar to Manchurian Candidate
google.rs/search?q=manchurian candidate&rlz=1C1CHBD_enRS744RS744&oq=manchurian&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0j69i59j69i61l3.5795j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

What are the other two about, they seem so familiar

The one with the worker Rick in the factory seems to be somehow Falling Down, but I'm not sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=fjNQMpxVk_4

And the one with 4 morties seems quite familiar

the 4 morties is Stand By Me.

when that one Morty has to give something important to the wishing well/portal and he gives his life
bros...

there's a good chance he wasn't elected properly. One of the Rick suggests that it was close enough for a recount, which means votes could have been tampered with.

this makes me wanna KYS myself in a good way

Holy shit, it's identical
youtube.com/watch?v=FUVnfaA-kpI

most reddit thing ive read

It was one of the best episodes of the whole show imo, I won't shit on it just because season 3 has been disappointing so far

how very big of you

just finished downloading this and The Orville...should i saved rick and morty to watch 2nd so i could of ended on a high note. Easily the best episode of this season (which granted isnt very hard) and a strong contender for the best epp in the series so far. The evil morty song at the end was perfect

Just when I couldn't hate the show more they throw its best episode ever at us... I don't know how to feel

>The evil morty song at the end was perfect
Pretty sure it's the same song from the end of his frist episode.

There was a parody of stand by me and charlie and the chocolate factory. Dont know if the cop story line was training day or regular cliche cop shit. Best r&m out of any season so far

>dat Twin Peaks reference tho

on Sup Forums it is

was pretty good
kinda scared that cool rick becomes cancer too

thats why i called it the evil morty song