Whats the best Harry potter movie? Like there are some fucking goods and bads. I think it's pic related

Whats the best Harry potter movie? Like there are some fucking goods and bads. I think it's pic related

hp and the prisoner of azkaban

Something something dullest franchise blablabla.

>Books were good or whatever
"Nope!"

Something about bad writing blablabla super epic pasta.

the 1st and the 2nd. The rest didnt have that adventure feeling and had way to many "forced american feels" which i dont buy since i am a cold scandinavian

I can't believe you put Catcher in the Rye above Moby Dick!

Better pasta than the ones with shit beginnings

the first two had the most "feel-good" moments of any of them, and were the only two films directed by an American.

Half-Blood Prince captures what made each film "good" in their own way. Had a bit of everything

>b-but muh Prisoner of A-az
"No!"

Third movie was great but it killed the whimsy. Also Hermione looked like shit

The first three because they focus on actually going to school and comfy stuff

This. From the 4th movie on it's too much teen angst.

Half-Blood Prince still gets the mood of the first three even thought it's one of the darker films.

4th Was the worst film in the series
Half blood was great

First two movies are great, then it tries to be Lord of the Rings from the 3rd and onwards

>Ayn Rand
>Anywhere other than shit
retard

5 is criminally underrated, just watched it last night. None are bad they are all good to great.

I'm just spirpised the pasta hasn't showed up yet

Completely agree. It still had the whimsical school life before the franchise completely went grimdark, but it also had the final act with Dumbledore and Voldy, which is still the best fight of the series

>unironic kino tier

>top tier
1, 2, 5

>underrated tier
6, 7 (yes, including part 1. it was a comfy space to breath between 6 and 7.2)

>this was never going to translate well from the book tier

Prove this wrong

1 2 and 5 are the best

>What's the best Harry Potter movie?

What a terrible question. Here's a better question for you: Why didn't the "wizards" just cast themselves out of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series. She made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

No! The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Objectively wrong and I love the first two. You are objectively completely wrong bravo reddit. The first two are american and the last five are british. Rewatch them not on your shit tv of phone. Shit taste.

Top tier
3 6 7
Good tier
1 2 4 5

@87597680
Stopped reading after that last line.

All of them are comfy and 6 was their most nornal school year. All are school years but deathly hallows.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

They are nothing like Lotr because they actually get great for the climax. They aren't directed like Hackson.

> prove this wrong
6 and 7.1 and possibly 5 are unironic kino tier.

David Yates is like Kieslowski only better, mixed with Terry Gilliam and one who can actually direct action scenes very well.