This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen

this is the most retarded thing I've ever seen

too poor for a mirror, op?

Hyperbole is for the lazy and the dumb.

That said, it is indeed stupid.

Less retarded than any show without giant robots

>OP is still mad about a show that's been over for years
>OP is still a fag

Personally its not the most retarded thing I ever seen but is still really dumb.

The show began with a faux 1930 vibe to it where the most advance tecnology was the bi-plane and ended with a imposibly giant robot with a laser arm cannon.
It almos seems like the creator didn´t have any idea where the story was headed so they make shit up.

Or they really liked Pacific Rim.

You don't get out much.

At least that has precedent.

Those.

>the bi-plane
Don't get me started on that shit. Apparently bandits use them but armies don't because fuck making sense.

Not the giant mech.

The equalists used the planes for fighting, not sure why Bryke though making winged mechs was a better idea than using actual air planes.

Even Kuvira's army for some reason decided "nah, planes aren't cool enough".

The winged mechs were more helicopter in their use especially since they had to get up and cut throw the Plot mech since there was no other way to get inside it unless the people inside opened it up on their end apparently. No compartment like how Aang and the others got inside the Drill from Book 2: Earth and took it out from within.

Have you been outside lately?

Didn't the air planes have bombs in season 1? If so they could have bombed the control rooms glass windows and gotten inside. Or blow a hole in the plating.

Then again, it had enormous plot armour so it might not have worked either way.

The Lion Turtle was fucking awesome though and exactly right for Aang's arc. He literally defied what every single other Avatar and all his friends told him to do because he was that committed to non-violence, and found a third path.

If it felt to you like an asspull you weren't paying attention m8

I could see why an army of earth and metal benders would be wary of spending time in the air.

>and found a third path.
No, it found him, because he asked nicely.

They had non-benders, wasn't that the whole point of mechs?

>If so they could have bombed the control rooms glass windows and gotten inside. Or blow a hole in the plating.
Like you said, it had enormous plot armour. Korra was throwing city blocks worth of earth at the glass and it wasn't breaking.

>wasn't that the whole point of mechs?
The point of the mechs was that Varrick is a genius and has a tendency to take things and improve on their design and to have a basis for using spirit vines as batteries so that it adds to their list of bad karma.

Except planes, fuck them.

You must be blind.

unfortunately, there was something even stupider in the episodes to follow

but boy did the mech really hammer the final nail in the coffin

>we actually hear about lion turtles beforehand
>since S02 we know about energybending
>it is not actually plot relevant; Aang defeat the firelord with his normal bending before de-bending him
Not the same thing, user.

Bryke said that THEY WANTED to end the show with something completely different from the "feel" of the usual Avatar franchine..

>THE ROBOT IS SO DIFFERENT FROM ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU EVER SAW ON THIS WORLD

The problem is that they thought that it would be something "positive", while the reception is mostly negative for the EXACT same reasons.

The Lion Turtle was utter garbage, my dude. It came out of fucking nowhere and just so happened to have the EXACT means Aang needed to solve the conflict without compromising his principles. He no longer had to make the meaningful decision between his own beliefs and the greater good, and it sucked.

Lion turtles didn't actually solve the conflict. Aang defeated Ozai with earthbending. After that he could literally throw him in jail with bending that it wouldnt make a difference.

Also, he actually made a choice in the same battle, he literally had the chance to kill Ozai by redirecting lightning and decides not to.

I swear it's your fucking hobby to defend that shit ending, every time the same dumb arguments that show you obviously don't understand fiction.

It had a epic (I don't normally use that word, but let's be honest here: seeing Aang in full Avatar state was impressive) climactic fight, they kept it safe for the kids, what more do you want?

For you to understand that they set wrote themselves in a corner with that moral dilema and that they sloppily resolved it.

The only thing that's retarded is that it's clearly based on season 2's Korra's no reason giantafication.

Since Kuvira isn't "spiritual enough" to become giant herself, she tried to substitute spirituality with technology.

I'm not the guy you've been talking to for the last like half hour or so. Also, that doesn't change that the ending was entertaining.

would've been better if it were something like this but more steampunk.

WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!!!

They kept going seems to be the problem.

Like he said, Aang already won when he could have redirected the lightning back or when he regained control of the Avatar State and used earthbending to hold Ozai. He could have held him in that grasp concentrating until the comet left and then handed him over to face charges.

They kept on writing and had Aang take away Ozai's bending for no reason. This set the trend for the writing for Korra, going too far for no reason.

>it was dumb
>no it wasn't dumb
>yeah it was
>other guy here, it was entertaining
Thanks for the contribution, then.

But at least the sloppy resolution felt in tone with the rest of the original series, The skycraper size robot and the hummingbird mechs were too much of a stretch for an already divisive show.
Also the spirits coming back was seen as a good thing but they really didn´t do anything usefull in the end.

>Like he said, Aang already won when he could have redirected the lightning back or when he regained control of the Avatar State and used earthbending to hold Ozai. He could have held him in that grasp concentrating until the comet left and then handed him over to face charges.
NONE OF THAT FUCKING MATTERS, BECAUSE THEY SET UP A MORAL CONFLICT THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE DAMN SEASON LIKE NONE OF THAT WAS A POSSIBILITY. It was either kill him or lose, the show itself established those were the rules and Aang couldn't have stopped Ozai durably without killing him. Except lol chiropractor rock (Aang didn't "regain" shit, it was again gifted to him by shitty writing) so the energybending doesn't matter now?
And that's good writing how?

That could have worked better that the giant robot. But I think the problem was the writing, have the show keep the audience engage nobody would have seen the robot out of place.

The original Avatar had an episode where the fire nation had a giant moving drill but no one gives shit to that episode because the writing of the old show was more solid.

>LIKE NONE OF THAT WAS A POSSIBILITY.

King Bumi said something that you need to open yourself to possibilities. And Avatar was about making your own path. So Aang did just that by holding true to the idea of non-violence and gained control of the Avatar State.
They shouldn't have went into the energbending route but stopped with Ozai being locked down by earthbending. But Bryke wanted something loud and full of light.

The writing really is the problem. It is clear that the creators have no idea what they want out of the series.

I mean the first Avatar had one central idea: a boy who must rise up to stop a great evil from taking the land.

While Korra is all about a hot-headed girl adapting to dealing with indirect evils... it got too side-tracked with the romance shit that it forgot about the big picture. Which is why season 3 is the best one because it felt the most like avatar.

Also, its a waste when they introduced spirits... and did nothing with them beyond 2. I would've loved to see Koh wreak havoc onto the world again.

3> 1> 4> 2

It isn't even a cool mech design, and the CG was horrible

>I would've loved to see Koh wreak havoc onto the world again.
Didn't he patch up his issues with his mother?

>Lion turtles didn't actually solve the conflict. Aang defeated Ozai with earthbending. After that he could literally throw him in jail with bending that it wouldnt make a difference.
If it wouldn't make a difference then nobody would've been telling Aang he had to kill Ozai. If they had a way to safely imprison Ozai while he still had his bending then Aang wouldn't have been mulling over whether he should kill him or not. It clearly wasn't an option.
>Also, he actually made a choice in the same battle, he literally had the chance to kill Ozai by redirecting lightning and decides not to.
Of course he wasn't going to kill Ozai there, he didn't have to anymore. He had energybending to fall back on. It was no longer a choice between two difficult options, it was a choice between two difficult options and one perfect option. Why would you ever consider the difficult options at that point?

>The portals will remain open
>Surely this shocks the world and will have major repercussions
>Eh, there's some vines now and sometimes you see a spirit that does nothing
Season 3 was still the best season, but god what a waste

True. If one considers the comics canon. However, even if it isn't Koh, there could be other evil spirits! The issue is, after season 2, the spirit shit just fucked right off. You see only little things but none of the earth-shaking shit that was promised aside from the overgrown tree that hit the city.

In fact, that could've been a source of new conflict!

>Be spirit pre-banishment.
>Enjoy fucking around with humans and mutating them.
>Get seperated by new avatar.
>Bored now
>Hundreds of years later, another avatar opens the gates.
>Time to do what I do best

And this is just one spirit. Imagine a whole bunch of them trying to re-instate the old ways.

Korra would have gotten so much shit had that happened. Then again, we had just had an entire season devoted to spirits, and from a personal standpoint, fighting spirits was pretty boring. The only move that worked against them was purifying; otherwise they´re completely immortal. There wouldn´t have been much fighting other than dodging and purifying.

>If it wouldn't make a difference then nobody would've been telling Aang he had to kill Ozai
they told him to make his mind, not to kill Ozai.

>If they had a way to safely imprison Ozai while he still had his bending then Aang wouldn't have been mulling over whether he should kill him or not
at the time Aang didn't. When he activated the avatar state, he got a way to stop it, and actually did. Rewatch the episode, Aang stops Ozai without energybending. Only after stopping him, he takes his bending.

>Of course he wasn't going to kill Ozai there, he didn't have to anymore. He had energybending to fall back on
The lightningbending part was before avatar state. It was Aang alone, Rewatch the episode, really. At that part it was very clear Aang would lose if he didn't take that cheap shot.

Tell me where is the fault in my argument

Spirits are most likely causing trouble somewhere, the show just didn't really focus on them after S02 (when it did, they were causing trouble, like the vines for example).

There are plenty of evil spirits if you really think about it, and Korra just witnessed a goddamn War between humans and spirits (Wan's time). I don't understand who in their right mind would open the portals.

what is it about korra threads that bring out everyone's inner autist? SU threads aren't this bad.

I love how all the obvious shitposts are in lowercase.

because grammer on the internet is soimporant

I see the problem, it's missing a car on the top.

>People don't agree with me
>They must be autists

look at this thread post by post and tell me the smell of autism is not strong with this one

Underrated post.

It was an asspull friendo. And it showed exactly how garbage Bryke's writing style is. (As Aaron did not get a writing credit for the last 4 episodes I believe.)

You're missing the point of what made it so fucking lazy and stupid. Aang finding the third path is all fine and well. But Aang should have found it through WORK, not being given it by an asspull/deus ex machina.

And honestly the way to do it is so blatantly obvious that it shows how fucking stupid Bryke are. All they had to do was have Aang keep going back and back through his past selves, getting more tired, more depressed, struggling internally, but never giving up. He keeps going and going, until eventually, Aang goes all the way back to the beginning and meets the first avatar, who teaches him out to energy bend.

I would've preferred he just killed the Firelord myself.

That wouldn't have really made sense with Aang's character though. Or the overall themes of the show.

Although the line about a person sacrificing their personal enlightenment for the greater good was a great line.

I don't, the firelord wasn't just a warmongerer, he was also intent on wiping out other cultures, and he almost wiped out the Air Nomad culture. Aang sticking to their beliefs and still defeating Ozai was his response to Ozai's earlier remark about the airbenders being 'too weak to exist in his world' by essentially saying 'I'll stick to every aspect of our culture you say is a weakness and win anyway' he proves that Ozai can't destroy their ideas and beliefs even if he can genocide them to near extinction.

this mech looks like that one awkward gawky kid in middle school who stands REALLY straight with his shoulders high and head kinda receded.

Its literally the same "LOL edgy second poster" crap every newfag tries to get a million (you)s from

>Aang finding the third path is all fine and well. But Aang should have found it through WORK, not being given it by an asspull/deus ex machina
Seriously, i don't get why people are so butthurt by the lion turtle. That's not even what defeated Ozai, and the show is literally the same without it. What would Ozai do against Aang in the avatar state? as shown, he got his ass kicked and got trapped in earth. At that point all Aang has to do is wait for Sozin's comet to pass.

Also, it is stated that connecting to past lives that are not close to you is hard, and impossible at times. That's why originally Aang could only talk with Roku, and by the end of the show could only go through Kyoshi.

First reply best reply.

Are Mike and Bryan secretly really big Gundam fans?
ATLA features a war-themed storyline with a small rag-tag team of heroes going against the big evil empire (the Gaang vs the Fire Nation, in ATLA's case, or the White Base crew vs the Principality of Zeon's Armed Forces, in Gundam 0079).
Season 1 (or Book 1: Air, as most of you call it) of TLOK features a Char-esque villain who wears a mask, and stuff (Amon).
Season 4 of TLOK features an antagonist who is trying to rebuild an old mighty empire by the means of fascism and Nazi-stuff (the Earth Empire in TLOK's case, à la Neo Zeon in Zeta Gundam and Char's Counterattack).

>The only move that worked against them was purifying; otherwise they´re completely immortal.
And yet, humanity was supposedly given the power of bending to defend themselves from spirits. Korra. Not even once.