11 vs 88 percent

Huh.. Have we ever seen a greater divide? I liked it btw. Jokes were not funny (McFarlane, duh), but it did have heart and I am looking forward to see more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/euL_RWN2rq4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What kind of humor is it? Airplane style? early FG style? shitty modern humor where every joke is followed up with an immediate explanation of the joke

It'll probably get renewed because of the audience and Fox likes Macfarlane vehicles.

Neither. The jokes just kinda fall flat. I had like two chuckles the whole episode, but I still enjoyed it. Believe it or not, the story was actually interesting and had a heart. It really feels like McFarlane cares about this

Also, I would not be surprised if Orville ends up being better Star Trek than Discovery, when it comes out

Star Trek is overrated as shit and I don't think I need to say what's wrong with seth.

They might just move it to FXX

What's the explanation? I heard it may have been partially political?

This.

It's actually the best trek TV series hell any entry into the series I've seen in a long time.

I went into it expecting space balls and instead got Galaxy quest I am very impressed.

Honestly, it was a pretty exciting opening episode.
I liked it quite a bit

No idea

I have to agree with both of you

Still probably better than the new Star Trek show.

The actual trek part of the show was great and it's nice to see it's very true to the trek mythos.

How the fuck is a parody better than the actual source material? It's basically tos/tng fanfic but it works the actual writing is ok even if the jokes suck.

Nice too see Seth play something straight for a change.

Inb4 it gets canned.

It will get 1 season and become a cult hit.

Had a surprising amount of character and intelligence for a McFarlane show.

I feel like such a asshole for pre judging this show

If it's anything like Star Trek, it will take 3 seasons to get good.

dude, watch it

Wasn't it a webseries? It was doomed from the start.
Its already good hopefully it keeps on the air I really like it

getting it now

When will the shilling stop

Ign called it dated

Good I like it it's extremely comfy and has ex trek producer at the helm

THAT WENT SOUTH SO FAST!
Glad I could use actual macfarlane quotes to say how awful his stuff is.

> watching the pilot

> 1/2 way through set my DVR to record series

I fucking hate Seth McFarlane and most of his work, this was good though. Didn't even want to punch him in his face watching it. I think the critics hates it because it showed the ex wife as not being perfect, or they were paid off by CBS. Gotta see how STD is received to confirm that.

Weird as fuck. Its not as flat out parody material like Galaxy Quest, and it doesn't take itself as seriously as Star Trek. Its awkwardly in the middle. Wasn't bad but wasn't anywhere near good either. Just kinda there.

You can tell Seth is too much of a fan of TNG to do a full on spoof. It was more of a space opera with some lighthearted comedy.

I'd go with critics cause most people are pleb

It was pretty good actually

Reminder that supporting this over Discovery encourages white supremacy

The acting is bit stiff but otherwise it's not bad.

I'm downloading it now, then i'll watch it and give the difinitive answer as to whether it's good or bad. Don't bother talking about it until then as you're a bunch of simpletons with shitty opinions, and not even later as my judgment is final so yeah

>The show sides with the cheating wife
How long til we get to the cuck planet?

(You)

It really does not though

not a single drumpf joke, what I am supposed to like about it?

This. They only released the first three episodes to critics but how do they compare to the first three episodes of TNG? (taking Encounter At Farpoint as one episode) I remember that taking a while to hit it's stride.

It does have flaws though.
- Somewhat contrived plotting so far
- Security officer is mary sue levels of overpowered. They're going to have to work like dogs to keep that from becoming a standard out.
- Humor is occasionally forced or flat (they missed the obvious joke by not having not-worf suggest the captain see the medical officer about his urination problem)
- The ship seems a bit...brittle
- How does he get the books out of that shelf behind his desk? Does it move? That was bugging me all through the show.

>How the fuck is a parody better than the actual source material?
Have you ever seen the "Airport" movies Airplane was spoofing?

Nope

I'm kinda glad Orville is played straight though

So nice to see real sci fi opera on TV again if only for a short time

The time bubble idea with the tree at the end was neat too it was foreshadowed well.

Plz don't get cancelled I hope we get one time travel and q style ep before that happens

Thought OP said 14% vs 88% but it's not, you dissapointed me again

Fuck off nazi

-The human characters are all awful
-Seth McFarlane is the worst actor and annoying to look at and should never have been allowed to cast himself as the main character
-the editing is shitty
-the whole thing feels like those yt vids of TBBT with the laughtracks removed

This.

God damn, they're shilling this shit show of a bad idea hard.
No one cares anymore. The nerd shit is dying off.
Go back to your dungeon.

Keep in mind a lot of people assblasted about Discovery spammed this with good reviews.

I watched this today without any prejudice, just as I will watch Discovery. I enjoyed this desu

The show didn't seem like it was trying to be "laugh out loud" funny.

The genuine emotional moments landed much better than the "jokes"

>we need no longer fear the banana
>I loosened it for you

That kind of stuff was the best in the show. The black guy with the soda and the drunk pilot with their improv meme humor was the worst

It was enjoyable enough despite several of the jokes falling flat, the actual sci-fi portion of the show makes up for it.

It'll probably end up being a better Star Trek show than Discovery. I can only hope that Discovery is somehow better than -at least- Enterprise, but fuck me even Enterprise managed to get it right that it's a prequel and the ship shouldn't look high-tech.

Does anyone here have an RT account? Maybe we should all make a few so we can upvote good movies/shows and downvote the bad ones to have an influence on the audience score.

This, Orville is Seth's baby and that means it will be untouchable.

where can i watch it?

google

just finished binge watching it. it's aight, i only laughed at the banana though

Sup Forums will say it's better than discovery no matter what because discovery has a black person in it and that must be a diversity hire

But so does Orville...

100000000000 ways to cringe in the west style

CBS is paying shills to shit all over it. Its been going on for 2 weeks now. As long as Seth doesn't sing it has potential.

How many of the critic reviews comment on Seth being a white male?

Fuck RT (as always).

This was pretty good. I wish there were less jokes though (because most of them were cringey Family Guy shit), but the smarter jokes were alright.

Oddly enough,this looks more like Star Trek than Discover and JJ Trek.
The ships have an aesthetic comparable to the Enterprise D and Voyager. They hallways and bridge aren't so dark that you can't see shit, and the interiors don't look like iphones.

Do you think it's going to last longer than this? This was by Seth Macfarlane too and ended in 6 episodes.

Looks like it went up

MacFarlane has no attachment to his TV shows. He usually stops writing for them less than a season in and only returns for voice over. Once one the ball starts rolling, he moves onto something else.

Granted Orville won't last a season, I'd be surprised if he stuck around as a major creative force.

This would've been fine.

But the main character and most of the cast is white.

Back to Sup Forums with you

Yeah user, people dislike MacFarlane's trash because of his politics, nothing else

nice fotoshoppe

I actually enjoyed it, especially once they got into the meat of the episode/plot. I think it bodes well for the rest of the episodes now that the main back story/intro is out of the way.

>early FG style?
Why undeniably different from its current pathetically bad style it was always fucking terrible and unfunny

You -binge- watched the single episode?

where is a full torrent? i cant find one, only torrents of episode 1.

it's a meme son

Kill yourself.

Just trying to help, newfag.

Critics are hating Orville that much because they ( and more importantly their bosses) want Star Trek Discovery to be watched by as many people as possible, because of how hard it pushes muh diversity, muh Klingon villains = Trump supporters and such shit down people's throats etc.

What the actual fuck?

As near as I can tell from skimming critic reviews, they appear to be butthurt over it being "a knockoff of Trek." My best guess is that this is some D&D edition war tier REEEEEEE over it "not being Trek enough."

Meanwhile, the audience reviews are a little over the place, but a similarly quick skim suggests they recognize it as Trek-like but are pleased by this. I would assume because while people are faggots, they're less pretentious faggots than professional critics.

This is aside from the obvious "the humor falls flat" vs "the humor is great" style complaints, which I don't have a clean way to reconcile.

>Keep in mind a lot of people assblasted about Discovery spammed this with good reviews.
This is a valid theory, though I don't think it can explain this level of utter disagreement.

>Turn it on
>45 minutes

What the fuck. You mean they gave Seth an hour long live action sci-fi show? I mean I'll watch it but I don't know if I'll watch it every week. I really don't like that man's face. Mans not hot.

Addendum: This might actually be a "Starcraft ripped of Warhammer!" style REEEEE instead, where critics are for some reason enraged at the thought of something that isn't Trek being Trek-like.

If it wasn't obvious from my analogies, I'm from /tg/.

>just saw it
>for free from fox's own website
>liked it
>will watch next week
>had to sit through some commercials that got through the ad blocker though

(((they))) won this round

Give this a watch it explains a lot.
youtu.be/euL_RWN2rq4

> I really don't like that man's face. Mans not hot.

who gives a shit aspie?
>>>/tmz/
>>>teengirlmagazine

Calm down Seth.

they're trying to make a serious dramedy. It's going to be a disaster.

I liked it