Did anyone here even watch this?

How was it? Describe it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nDtYvYt1g1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Qe9qSLYK5q4
youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't care for the original and I thought 2016 was just awful.

no. I didn't liek the original much and there was no appeal to watch the re-whatever.

>Know a girl who couldn't shut the fuck up about how cool and funny Holtzmann was
>she endlessly reposted gifs of her and wrote essay-long posts about how she was the best
I haven't even watched the movie, but I now have a burning hatred for Kate McKinnon because of this girl I know.

It's really strange how a movie with a bunch of SNL people in it can be so good, and then the remake, also full of SNL people, can be so bad. It's baffling.

Stay on normiebook.

Why didn't they make it about highschoolers? AnnaSophia Robb, Camren Bicondova, Anya Taylor Joy, and _______?

Because SNL has been a sinking ship since Meyers got in the writing room

most women arent funny and these women are part of that group

if you made it with tina fey, amy poehler and basically any 2 other SNL girls you'd probably have a comedy

I liked the Gorilla. It reminded me of the cartoon.

Women aren't funny - the motion picture

Fucking hell, I wouldn't have sex with that ape for all the tea in china

I agree, but his late night show suuuuuucks

>when you make 1 movie so hated that it puts a permanent halt on the meteoric rise of the fat girl, feig and the girl who looks like the grinch whos name i forgot cause shes irrelevant

My family went to go see it so I joined.

Mostly I remember all the jokes being improv and falling flat most of the time. Some scenes were clearly just put in for kids so they wouldn't be bored by the SNL comedy. There wasn't much else to it.

Half of it was just as bad as people say. A quarter of it was bad, but not unwatchable. The last quarter of it, when they aren't actively trying to make the cheapest jokes possible, is actually decently watchable.

Basically if it didn't try to do anything, it could have at least been a meh film. But instead, it's cringe.

I hadn't even seen the original so after the plinkett review me and friend got together and watched both.

The original was surprisingly good without any nostalgia from my part. Solid pacing, every bit of dialogue was thought out and it had a lot of subtle jokes on top of the obvious laugh out funny ones. Only the CGI was shit but it looked like it was manually done on top of film so it was cute.

The new one was captured perfectly by Plinkett in one sentence "if no one's talking no one's laughing". The chattet is endless and it's all improv. They constantly use that transition where the audio starts a little before the image so even between scenes thete is no downtime. The film gives jokes zero time to play out, the characters' repsponse to everything is to babble incoherently. And all the characters are the same. There's the wacky science guy, then there's the wacky theoretical science guy, the other wacky theoretical scientist and the wacky sidekick. There is no straight man. Even the receptionist is wacky and every dialogue a joke. And the ghostbustets theme plays like 8 times in different versions. The ending fight is incredibly boring, just "cool shots" of punching air (green screen) for 15 minutes with zero tension.

It somehow managed to be a bigger turd than the second movie which was a huge pile of shit.

It was fine.

Lacked both the spooky and humor of the original, although I laughed at the she-beast slapping kirby in place of exorcism

The original was made with the intent to make a fun movie.
The remake was made with the intent to force feed the public about SJW bullshit and make everyone who didn't like it look like a sexist.

Great contribution to the topic faggot

mccarthy is finished lads

I do my best.

You're on to something there.

Three out of four of those women are very, very funny. One is not.

If the remake was just made as-is, instead of a six month propaganda campaign trying to capitalize on political crap it would have been merely unforgettable, instead of so hated. Making the movie for the reasons they did, or whatever, is in and of itself fine. But spending months going LOOK LOOK LOOK WHAT WE DID THIS IS IMPORTANT was a bad move. It's a lack of self-awareness.

>women aren't funny

IMAGINE producing the Amy Schumer movie Snatched directly after producing/directing/writing Ghostbusters

hahaha

Are you from the future? You have X-marks next to movies that don't even come out until next year.

>autist cant parse one sentence
most women arent funny, ugly

leslie jones career literally ended

doesnt take much of a brain to figure out those synopsis' are cancer

>Did anyone here even watch this?
Yes.

>How was it? Describe it
The entire thing reminded me a lot of a bad SNL sketch. The biggest flaw is there's way too much talking. There's some good jokes in there, but they never have time to breathe and have characters react to them because they just keep trying to one-up one another.

The biggest laugh I got out of it was when they shot the Big Bad Ghost in the dick because it was just so fucking stupid and I couldn't believe it was actually in the movie.

The movie was a good way to find out which friends were fucking morons because they were going on about how this Ghostbusters was "good" because politics, but politics aside, it's shit. Even with politics, it's shit.

She's the one out of the four who is legit not funny. That's not most. That's 25%. I'm only using this example because you did. Leslie Jones was never going to make it very far.

>I don't care for the original
I fucking hate you user

yeah mckinnons a laugh riot

youtube.com/watch?v=nDtYvYt1g1Q

I like when the lady at the beginning says that SNL always has their finger on the pulse, and then she plays the trainwreck everyone relentlessly goofed on them for.
Fuck, this brings back great memories.

You have chosen an excellent example of McKinnon being not funny. What you fail to realize is that this scene you have chosen was not played for laughs. Perhaps due to PTSD from the election and an enlarged amygdala she isn't funny anymore. She may never be funny again. I'll give you that. But at one time she was very funny. She could snap out of it and go back to being funny.

Should have been hot teen girls then it would have been fine. Same story...

The irony is that it was just meh. It came and went and no one will remember it 5 years from now. It wasn't even so bad it was good. There's very little meme material in it.

She was never funny to begin with.

>i'm such a snowflake for posting on Sup Forums
you do realise facebook users have made up most of websites traffic since like 2011 right

so unless you've been here for 8 years or more you are literally THAT guy right now

When I deactivated facebook was right about when I started using Sup Forums

It's like the same outlet but without all the people you hate who you pretend to like

I don't even know who you people are and I hate you and don't pretend I don't, thanks Sup Forums

I saw it in a stream with Sup Forums.
I didn't laugh once and the only thing I remember being funny was leslie jone's line about not going in the room that looked like a nightmare.
Just bad and unfunny sony movie
There is really no reason to recommend anyone watch this. I don't know who it would appeal to.
I guess if you've got some incurable morbid curiosity, but otherwise your best gorgetting about it all together.

>The remake was made with the intent to force feed the public about SJW bullshit
I don't think sony has the integrity to actually try to push any kind of agenda. I think they knew they needed some kind of marketing gimmick and thought the Lady-Busters would make them bullet proof.
Whoever was in charge of the marketing is the real villain, they're the ones that manufactured a controversy because they couldn't market the movie on its own merits after that first trailer dropped.

Best way to describe it is aggressively dull.

None of the "jokes" really work, none of the actors have any charisma or chemistry and the plot is mechanical and bare bones. The film just sort of plods along until it ends.

boring and the ending felt so un earned I turned it off when they started shooting the giant ghost thing

women aren't funny

>plot is mechanical and bare bones.
That's giving it too much credit I think. For most of the movie there isn't really anything resembling a plot.
I mean even what we do in the shadows (a movie that was almost entirely hours of improv edited into a movie) has more of a plot than ghostbusters.

Women are funny. Get over it.

As a standalone movie it was fine, I laughed a few times. However making it a reboot doomed it, they should've made it a side-quel where some women found an old abandoned Ghostbusting franchise document and bought in. That way the originals would be safe and it wouldn't have felt the need to compete with the originals.

>Can you ever forgive me?
What did she mean by this?

A few obviously feminist-tier jokes were mildly annoying, but it was overall watchable.

t. someone who never cared about the original movies

>PTSD from the election.

Do americans kill themselves / get unironical PTSD / cry when they lose an election?

Just a fairly mediocre summer comedy. I'd have forgotten all about it if not for all the furore that surrounded it.

One word: diarrhea

No, I never watch remakes of movies that I like.

Ghostbusters 2 is kino, fuck you. 1 is the overrated one.

2016 is garbage though, I would happily give it a 2 or 3/10, only giving points for competence. Absolute cringe fest, terrible humor, painful script, unoriginal, just trash.

i ain't afraid of no ghost
i am very afraid of leslie jones

>kino
>overrated
Just fucking kill yourself retard.

leslie jones was only on snl because white women cried about no there being on black women on the show so lorne michaels did special emergency casting calls to find those two hideous she-beasts they have now. White women literally caused ghostbusters to come into existence and then be quickly forgotten, thanks white liberal women.

Well I skimmed it. The jokes I did see were just shit, so I didn't bother.

What am I supposed to reply to here? There's no argument, just a mongoloid sperging out that his shitty opinion was challenged.

Haven't seen and not planning to but manchildren who glorify the original annoy me more than all these shitty remakes.

The original is one of my favorite childhood movies, I don't care for the remake, I'm not going to lie I'm kind of curious and like to know how bad it is, but there's something stopping me from watching and it's not the unfunny shit, it's Paul Fig's direction, I watched The Heat, the guy doesn't know what he's doing, he just lets the actresses improvise incoherent shit and he doesn't edit it out, I have a reluctance to watch movies from shitty directors, that's why I never watch movies by Michael Bay, Len Wiseman, Zack Snyder and McG.

I didn't even watch the trailers

Society in a nutshell

It's legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters, I can't think of a single thing I liked about it besides maybe that mass dancing scene they cut from the movie.

>There is no straight man
This. A LOT of modern comedies suffer from this

It's not terrible but it's just a horrible and unnecessary reboot. It plays like a bunch of story board scenes that they did not really have a way to edit together smoothly.

It's like they knew Leslie need her to do her yelling thing here, here and here. Then they jammed each woman's go too acting move into the film a few times and released it.

It's not helping that the CGI was good for the monsters but just flat out horrible for the settings. I guess it was cheaper to just shoot it all green screen vs locations but it looks bad. The final has them walking around a clearly fake looking city with bad perspective and that lame CGI floor for a street that looked like shit. Yet the $$$$$$$$$ level CHI on the monsters was great. I guess they had to save money other places..

It simply wasn't funny. The SJW agenda, the shitty action scenes, the cartoonish effects, the half-hearted nods to the original--all that would've been glossed over if it were funny. Which it wasn't. Every joke was a version of that UCB-style "well...this is awkward..." shtick. It was a slog to get through.

director is a fucking faggot and when i heard a lot of it was improved it all made sense

Actors and comedians are glorified court jesters. They think because so many people pay attention to them, they actually have something meaningful to say. Unfortunately, they know fuck all but standard everyday life stuff and industry talk. Improv works when they stick to what they know. Lady Ghostbusters was a bunch of ghost scientists improving dumb bullshit. That was fine when it was just Venkman. This one needed a conspiracy-minded goofball like Akroyd or a total professional like Ramis to give a shit enough to make the dialogue ghost science-centric.

Said it before, will say it again:
Hemsworth is the best thing about this trainwreck.

Hemsworth a shit.

I was really into the idea of an all-women cast, but it turned out to be a poorly written, boring and generic movie.

Kate McKinnon will probably win an Emmy soon for SNL (Leslie Jones is also up for that Emmy).

They should make an all-women remake of Salo.

>CGI
>in the 1984 Ghostbusters

Oh you sweet child of summer.

Every line is a joke or is turned into a joke by one of the 4 bitches ad-libbing through the whole movie. It's exhausting, the cgi is shit. This would have been fine as a Ghostbusters parody, hell I don't even care much for Ghostbusters but the whole thing seems like a shitty Ghostbusters parody. They should have called it something retarded like ghastblasters

>director is too much of a pussy to direct these unfunny women and tell them to stop doing unfunny improv
I can only imagine how much unused footage exists of their "comedy"

some few things made me chuckle, but most of it was incredibly boring.
they could have made it a lot better. they could have made a "passing the torch" movie with as many old cast members as possible and it would have been a better movie.
this was just an uninspired "old successful movie but now with women" cash grab. and I don't mind an all-women ghostbusters team. I really don't. but it wasn't executed well.

the effects were bad, the story was too.

don't watch this movie, unless you don't have to pay for it and there's literally NOTHING else to watch. don't even bother to watch it just to see how bad it is.
but then again, do what you want, I'm not your boss

They used computers to generate those images, as in, make composites of different shots and "ghost" up the ghost shots. You fucking autismo.

>When I deactivated facebook
I don't think it worked, user. I just checked and it's still there.

I'll give you an E for Effort, though.

I tried to give it a shot but it was simply badly written. Cheap jokes, weak characters.

I liked the CG though

>CGI was good
did we watch the same movie?
even the original's effects still hold up and are better than in the new one.

>They used computers to generate those images, as in, make composites of different shots and "ghost" up the ghost shots. You fucking autismo.
Seriously? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I wasn't in the editing room, and I'm not taking the time to research it, but... I remember 1984 computers. I'm pretty sure they didn't have enough memory to hold a single entire frame of a feature film at passable resolution. Nevermind do whatever type of effect you're suggesting.

>You fucking autismo.
Right back at ya, buddy.

>i havent done any research but DUDE it was the 80s! they were so primitive LMAO

do some research buddy, Star trek II had a full 1 minute CGI sequence in 1982

>Not having them coincedentally be the daughters of the Ghostbusters and jabbing at that being very convenient
>No scene at the end where fatty is aykroyds daughter, blonde lesbian is Murray's daughter, sheboon is Ernie's daughter, and Murray comforts wiig with a "your father would be proud"
>No end credits IN MEMORY OF HAROLD RAMIS
these three things regardless of how shit the movie was, would have saved the movie

Only the faggots do. Unfortunately, they only get PTSD and cry/whine. They don't do the thing that would most benefit the country: killing themselves.

>do some research buddy, Star trek II had a full 1 minute CGI sequence in 1982
That's an entirely different animal. The Star Trek II effects are indeed impressive for the time, but all the data there (except for the composited images at the end) are generated procedurally. That's just processing time. See:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qe9qSLYK5q4

The other user was talking about post-processing film quality images on a computer, to create the ghosts in GB1. That's obviously NOT how they did that. Watch those scenes again, they have all the hallmarks of superimposing film images using traditional methods.

Was that the same stream where the host was playing gorilla sounds whenever Jones was on screen and toilet flushing whenever the McKinnon made a "joke." That was a fun night.

nah, it's not even worth pirating this drivel

I think the first feature film to use computer graphics was Westworld in 1973. The Last Starfighter was released in 1984 and it had a lot of CGI.

Kek

Hour and hours of improv was cut, he just let the camera roll and did nothing

I laughed once during the whole movie.
And it was on Ozzys cameo.

Friend works for Alamo Drafthouse, decided we're all watching it one day.
It was really unfunny, nobody laughed except this one hipster looking faggot that every time he laughed he faced his girlfriend who was stone dead silent.
Felt like an Adam Sandler movie but worse, the jokes, if you could call them that were all over the place.
Leslie Jones was the only good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

>that's why I never watch movies by Michael Bay
You're missing out. The transformers movies are dogshit, but he's a legitimately solid action director. I'd say bad boys is one of my favorite action movies.
The movies may not be high brow (they're usually some pretty dumb shit) but he's a fine director, and no one does the 360 degree pan like Bayham does. Check him out, you might find yourself entertained.

The fat chick and the stupid guy were the best parts

>Do americans kill themselves / get unironical PTSD / cry when they lose an election?
Not really, there's just a really vocal minority of retards that think if they scream about politics loud enough everyone will think they're super smart and interesting.