""""""menacing bully""""""

""""""menacing bully""""""

>spic ho in

How does Raimi keep getting away with it?

S-stop it...just t-take my lunch money...

Please, leave me alone!

To Sup Forums, he is.

At least you guys recognize him as a spic. Most morons think he's fucking Indian, even though he's the poster child for wimpy beaners.

maga

>>Sup Forumspol/

trumped

>thompson

>bitching about this shit again

You faggots are like a broken record.

Read a comic dipshit, none of Flash's bullying was physical.

REVOLORI REVOLORI GIVE ME THE FORMOLORI!

I'm only being racist so people don't call me an SJW

>none of Flash's bullying was physical.
He broke a gay kids arm and was hinted at beating the shit outta peter when he was younger

pretty sure i remember seeing flash deck peter before

Are you fucking sure?

Neither of these things ever happened.

In a boxing match that Peter challenged him to, back in ASM #8.

>Muh shitty AU is totes canon, guise!

>broke a gay kids arm
He's a hero?

What did raimi mean by this?

He truly was a visionary.

You know what Sup Forums loves bitching about almost as much as "racebending"? "Cliches that you hate". And you know what cliche always gets fucking bitched about? "The 'jocks are dumb bullies, nerds are all smart, wonderful people' cliche. Everyone gets, somewhat justifiably, buttblasted at how baby boomers projected the cliqueism or perceived cliqueism of their school life into media, when most of us never really experienced that... so really, is it that surprising the producers of this movie would also go "Naw the whole 'jock bully' thing isn't really relevant anymore, let's make him a different kind of douchebag"?

>In a boxing match that Peter challenged him to, back in ASM #8.
yeah that rings a bell, think there was a goofy looking robot with wreaking ball arms as well right?

Why don't you try reading a comic?

It's a comic showing him physically assaulting someone, you said find a comic where he did that and there it is. Stop being a faggot.

Establishing context for your half-baked examples isn't "moving the goalposts", user. If anything YOU'RE the one being disingenuous by not mentioning that context in the first place. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just a casual: Ultimate and Marvel Adventures and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane and whatever the fuck aren't canon. And just to cover my bases, neither is Chapter One, the long-forgotten Byrne "reboot".

That was an ebin Raimipostan thread.

>people will defend Disney to the death
Literally no reason to change the character. But they do it anyway.

Damn kids today, not knowing how to tell 616 Spidey from non-616 just based on the art style...

You're an idiot

Yeah, you're thinking of the Living Brain.

A comic that was recently released and has zero impact on 616 continuity. Might as well be a fanfic.

>Stop being a faggot.
Ironic.

Aren't you supposed to be out rioting?

thas is, thanks man

...I just told you a reason though. Spider-Man is supposed to be relatable to teens/tweens, so it changes sometimes. Ultimate or SSM Gwen being written for their era, for instance. Or Ultimate Peter being the Daily Bugle's website editor. I don't care about company wars shit, I personally dislike MCU and DCEU equally, I just want to give Spidey the benefit of the doubt because it's been over 12 years since he got a good movie, and even then it wasn't quite the platonic ideal. Even the shitty ASM got Flash closer to his comic book self than the Raimi movies.

TL,DR: I don't care what color he is or how much he can benchpress, because you can get those "right" and still write Flash as a one-dimensional jackass who hits his girlfriend.

Kek

Chapter One was shit and non-canon almost as soon as it was published.

None of the comics in this thread have any affect on the 616 continuity lmao, it doesn't matter if it's an AU or if it's been recently released, it's still an interpretation of him that beats on people.

>who hits his girlfriend
Wat?

You need to go back, Juan Pablo.

Had you read the original high-school era you'd know that Flash never physically bullied Peter. But you haven't because you're a filthy shitposting casual.

It's been over a decade since I watched the first Raimi Spidey, maybe I'm misremembering... I know he's MJ's boyfriend in the first act and then they break up, but I might be confusing my memories of those scenes with the earlier leaked script where Flash beats her and then Spidey gets revenge.

Except for this one right here?

>None of the comics in this thread have any affect on the 616 continuity lmao
See: Are you fucking stupid?

He doesn't hit MJ in the Raimi film and he doesn't hit his girlfriend in any comic.

Even if his bullying wasn't physical, you're telling me this guy is supposed to be Flash Thompson?
This guy is the star quarterback?
Flash is by no means a weakling.

Don't worry his muscles will be CGI.

>This guy is the star quarterback?
Its being re-written into a science oriented school, dingus. They may not even have a football team.

Also
>All quarterbacks have to be hulking meatheads

>star science quarterback

>he doesn't hit his girlfriend in any comic
Weeeeell....

I'd like to see him menace Tom Holland's arsehole

Found the gay.

>Read a comic dipshit, none of Flash's bullying was physical.

>Its being re-written into a science oriented school, dingus. They may not even have a football team.

So you're telling me that they're being accurate to the comics, but then you turn around and tell me they're changing it. Make up your mind.

yeah but I like the idea of making flash a different kind of asshole. usually the bullies in most shows are meathead jocks and it's nice to see them shake it up a bit.

You realize that there is more to Flash's personality than being a quarterback, right?

>Neither of these things ever happened
This was from Agent Venom

Also from Agent Venom, both from 616.
You're wrong user

>Its being re-written into a science oriented school

So whats the point of Spiderman gaining super-strength and finally being able to stand up for himself? If theyre both weakling nerds then theres no arc for spiderman to become the bully or stop being bullied, he will always be Flash's little white bitch as Flash gets better grades or whatever the fuck nerds bully each other with.

>So whats the point of Spiderman gaining super-strength and finally being able to stand up for himself?

aka
>I have never read a Spider-Man comic in my life.

Flash Thompson, Sup Forumstard

Not him, but Flash being a big menacing bully was a great irony. When Peter does get the powers, he could easily beat the shit out of him, but chooses not to.

Then why not cast him as Harry?

Osborn could be an Indian Conglomerate Juggernaut

>he could easily beat the shit out of him, but chooses not to.

Exactly.

>Then why not cast him as Harry?
I would have no problem with that.

Revolori is good at playing a wide variety of roles, including a douche (applicable to Flash). As shown in parts of Dope.

When did I say that?

And still though, let's see. He's not white now. He's just mean to Peter now. He isn't a football player anymore. He's a smart rich kid now. He isn't physically imposing.

Why have this character be Flash at all instead of an OC? Other than being mean to Peter and maybe liking Spider-man, the characters have nothing in common.
What?

>flash isn't a physical bully guys

>He's not white now.
Race isn't important to Flash.

>He's just mean to Peter now.
Just like the source material.

>He isn't a football player anymore.
Also not a particularly major aspect of the character. Is really only heavily focused on in the Agent Venom stuff.

>He's a smart rich kid now.
You don't know that.

>He isn't physically imposing.
Not important to the character.

>Why have this character be Flash at all instead of an OC?
You clearly don't know much about Flash beyond superficial stuff.

>writer ignores canon
Damn you sure told us.

To a 14 year old twink he could be

You're baiting now, that's Agent Venom, takes place in the 616 universe, and flash has always beat the shit out of people, why the fuck are you so stubborn about this

>takes place in the 616 universe
Yes. But its also a retcon. Writer actively altered previously established continuity for the feels.

We know he's at least smart, because like you said, this is a science school.

My point still stands. If you've stripped away every aspect from the character, except for the fact he's mean to Peter and (might) like Spider-man, why not just have it be an OC?

Next you'll be telling me that Dr. Kafka in ASM2 was a fine adaption of the character.

>Race isn't important to Flash.
he's a white blonde kid, he's always been a white blond kid, it just what he is and that's his character.
>Just like the source material.
Why are you fucking retarded? There is canon proof above that you're wrong

>Also not a particularly major aspect of the character. Is really only heavily focused on in the Agent Venom stuff.
He played football to impress his father only to get his shit kicked in by him, seems pretty important to me famaladingdong, he's played some sort of sport in every incarnation of him as well.
>You don't know that.
What else would he be as a skinny brown guy in a science oriented school?
>not important to the character.
>flash not being the nightmarish bully that traumitised peter and set him on a path as a hero isn't important
>You clearly don't know much about Flash beyond superficial stuff.
>i'll cherry pick stuff i don't like about flash and pretend it didn't happen

>We know he's at least smart, because like you said, this is a science school.

We don't KNOW anything. He could be smart and earned his way in. He could be rich and bought his way in. He could be both. He could be neither and got his way into the school via black mail.

We don't know anything about his role in the film. Stop assuming.

>previously established continuity
And which part of that made it impossible for him to break a guys arm? You're just wrong, no reason to be autistic about it, you're the only one here that's saying this

>If you've stripped away every aspect from the character, except for the fact he's mean to Peter and (might) like Spider-man

How do you know they stripped away everything? You only know about Flash on the most superficial level. And you have literally no idea how he functions in the movie.

...unless you've got some kind of super special leaked info (maybe your dad works at Nintendo?). Or you're a time traveler.

In the case of either option, why the fuck are you holding out? Spoil us all on the movie!

>He could be smart and earned his way in. He could be rich and bought his way in. He could be both. He could be neither and got his way into the school via black mail.

Oh man, I loved when any of those scenarios happened in the comics.

Oh wait

You're moving the goalposts at this point. We're talking about the original high-school issues written by the writer who created the character. I don't five a fuck if some other dude decided that it's more convenient for him to had been a physical bully.

>>flash not being the nightmarish bully that traumitised peter and set him on a path as a hero isn't important

Neither of these things are true.

Peter stood up to him countless times. And Flash has literally nothing to do with Peter's path to heroism. All you're doing is showing you're a moviefag and turbocasual.

>unless you've got some kind of super special leaked info (maybe your dad works at Nintendo?). Or you're a time traveler.
y-yes actually

Golly gee willikers you got me there, time to ignore everything created past the 70's now!
Also
>moving goalposts
>literally does just that

I don't know, but I'm not optimistic considering he looks nothing like the character, including body type. Please, tell me how this version of Ned Leeds is accurate to the comic.
Then explain this

>He could be smart
>He could be rich
Both of these go directly against his character.
Why can't people just admit that this is Flash in name only?

>Please, tell me how this version of Ned Leeds is accurate to the comic.

Literally no one said he is. Where did that even come from?

Oh man, shills are gonna kill themselves trying to sell this.

And casuals are the only ones bitching about it.

Dude, just get a job at a call center, it's not worth it.

No, it's implied MJ's dad is at least verbally abusive but Flash is just an asshole

Found the straight

no u

a rival bully is much better