He survives this

>He survives this
>DING

i play this game with my friend when we watch marvel movies
it's called the "you're dead/there's no way you survived that" game

I liked how, at the end of the credits, they put up a message about the dangers of distracted driving.

I'm surprised only his hands were irreparably damaged. That was one of the most brutal car crashes I've seen in a movie.

realistic, believe me, sometimes you get lucky in shitty car accidents (me as example).

Must have been a really good car. This is a universe where Iron Man exists, so I'd think that the cars would be better than ours.

What happened user? Glad you survived.

Not only that but a universe where Iron Man exists means better medical technology. He said it himself that they didn't have the technology to help him take the shrapnel out of his heart until Iron Man 3

you think they could have repaired or replaced his hands in such a world

>why does cancer still exist in the marvel universe
iono man

you kinda cant fix damaged nerves.. or else rhodie wouldve easily walked in civil war

It's implied that Strange could have fixed up Rhodes, but he refused to operate on him

I saw that too, was funny.

There was also a notice about how all animals were supervised during filming by an animal rights department to ensure no harm was caused to them.

When were there animals? I'm trying to remember.

I just got that now, oh shit.

>When were there animals? I'm trying to remember.

In the Nepal market scenes I'm sure there were some animals on carts and stuff.

They did mention that he was in the car for several hours before they found him. By that time there would have been a lot of blood clotting, tissue death, etc. that would make it impossible even with advanced technology.

Didn't they haved this super medical treatment pod in age of ultron that fixed a giant flesh wound that hawkeye had?

it wasn't Rhodes, the guy Strange passed on was a Colonel in the Marines, Rhodey is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force

ThisThere was far too much nerve damage.

Some expensive cars are built like fucking tanks. Audi comes to mind. A guy I don't know told a story about how he got into a really bad crash where he lost control of his car and spun out and during it he was thinking "my car is getting really messed up" because he felt so safe in in it despite the accident.

Over a year ago my brother and father got into a car accident where the car was totaled from rolling over twice and hitting a post. They got out without a scratch. But if my little sister was in the back seat on the left, she would have been killed instantly

>At some point the director said 'Here, manipulate time on this apple. It'll make you look like even more of an asshole'
>DING

Okay, about the end-credits scene. Did they just ret-conned something in Thor's story? Last time I saw, Loki was passing as Odin, so why would both of them be looking for the guy?

I'd guess it takes place in Act 2 or 3 of Ragnarok

Maybe that was Loki disguised as Thor talking to Strange? But otherwise, yeah, you're right. Thor 2 literally ended with Loki pretending to be Odin.

Also, I don't care what you think of Dormammu in the comics, the twist Dr. Strange gave with the timeloop was pretty freaking good.
Also, I've come to bargain

Tossup between Hela fucking shit up or MOTHERFUCKING SURTUR

I really hate Cinemasins. But apparently I'm not allowed to dislike it because "it's just a comedy"

Its probably like the Civil War teaser where its just a scene cut from the middle of the movie. So at some point it looks like Loki reluctantly asks for Thors help because he literally cant deal with Ragnarok.

You motherfucker

Cinema sins. Where acting like nitpicking makes a film bad!

This. My brothers and our father got into an accident, both brothers were just chilling in the back of a pickup and got flung into the road. Oldest one shielded the other, got some scrapes and a black eye while the other brother I think got some bruises. Father got a busted leg and that was about it.

It's just a matter of how much the universe decides it wants to shit on you.

>What is built in safety features?

But they mentioned experimental armor, or are we missing someone else?

there was the guy who got twisted around in the Hammertech suit in IM2

Yes but the doctor that was headlining that experimental project was killed by Ultron, and the pod itself was stolen by him and then destroyed by the Avengers

Yeah, they HAD an experiment pod. One that was tore apart and lightning blasted by Thor. The level of tech in that had to be beyond anything known (probably used Chitauri tech) and rebuilding it, especially after Ultron's little romp in the internet, would have been difficult. Civil War takes place, what, a year after AoU? Meaning Doctor Strange is less than half a year after Civil War by the end. I mean in the car crash scene Strange is getting cases read to him and one of them being an air force colonel(?) who suffered a severe spinal injury while using an experimental body armor. That sounds like Rhodie to me. So at the time of the crash the big airport fight scene was happening, so not a lot of time for that uber healing machine to be remade.

>By that time there would have been a lot of blood clotting, tissue death, etc

I can somewhat attest to that. I got a nasty cut on my left index finger last month, had to get stitches put in. It was nearly an hour before they finally put the things in, and I could see the edge of some skin turning blue.

And even though it's healed, it's still got a ways to go before I can fully curl the finger, as there's still swelling.

We don't see the initial damage, but Strange really fucked up his hands something bad. They were probably done for within the first few hours.

Sins used to be okay but now he's part of the "make a vid X long so = ad revenue"

I remember the Pacific Rim one where he states "PILOTS HAVE FLASHBACK FOR NO REASON"

>The film fucking explains the reasoning behind it 5 minutes in

Naw, see is probably who was being talked about.

Though I'm curious about the girl with the chip who got hit by lightning.

Sins was never good.

It should be sent away.

I laughed at the wifi joke.

I finally see what's wrong with the world too many crackers.

That was great. A lot of the jokes were pretty solid.

>Wong doesn't know about Beyoncé
>He's listening to her in the very next scene
>mfw

The start of Doc Strange is in the past, you can see the Avengers tower from his house, but the Avengers were dismantled after Civil War. There is a timeskip from when he starts his training to when Mads comes and starts destroying the Sanctum Sanctorums.

I don't get it.

It would have been better if it wasn't on the trailer, it was the funniest one aside from Quipper, the quip Cape.

Even though i didn't laugh at him namedropping famous popstars, i got a good laugh out of that scene you described.

I'm surprised they didn't sneak in a Spider-man reference or cameo. I was half-expecting Spidey to zip by when New York was going all inception, even if it were just for a fraction of a second.

They probably want to keep Spidey self-contained for now

Or could that be the guy in the stupid Hammer suit that twisted the guy the other way?

>Strange is just nabbing shit with portals while Wong is distracted
>Studying in the astral plane while his body rests

Pretty clever too, they didn't even do some "stating the obvious" bit with "Well, it's only the body that requires rest", you just know what's being implied.

You sweet innocent child

Weird thing is, I never watched any of the trailers. It caught me off guard and while everyone in the theatre gave a chuckle they heard my squeaky laugh.

I suppose, still would have been kind of neat if there had been something. Heck, even just a bit of Peter walking to school and briefly seeing Strange before shrugging and carrying on could have been neat, even as a sort of background detail while the focus stayed on Strange.

Same here, I did see a few of the early ones, but was lucky to not spot the wifi one. Or maybe I did and completely forgot, which is good either way.

Peter lives in Queens, the mirror world sequence takes place in the Village

(me)

Speaking of this scene in Iron Man 2

Still, not like Peter couldn't have been commuting through the area as himself or on patrol as Spidey. Of course, like the one guy said, they probably want to keep Spider-man solo, and didn't want to do something like a cheap throwaway sighting.

Probably not that guy specifically, based on the time frame, but it has been made very clear that there are lots of people trying to make their own Iron Man armor, so it was probably a similar incident.

Pretty crazy how they keep building up so much with each phase. Though I wonder, will they just start another after the Infinity War, or start it all again from scratch?

Wouldn't be surprised if they shake things up if Disney ever get their mitts on X-men and/or Fantastic Four.

He's a Dark Sorcerer.

I wonder how they'll resolve his storyline. They clearly seem to be making him something more of an anti-villain rather than a full on bad guy. And it seems hard to imagine he'd go full evil just because he's miffed that everyone was breaking the rules behind his back.

aint that ms marvel

>if Disney ever get their mitts on X-men and/or Fantastic Four.
Coming Soon,
Dr. Strange: Triumph and Torment

No I'm pretty sure the dude on the phone said Air Force, I know because the Air Force has been on my mind a lot and I heard it and I was like "oh neat".

there are multiple sources confirming it was Marines

Seems like a missed chance though, that Strange might have been able to help Rhodie. Of course, he had turned down that one guy Mordo decided to dick over, so he probably decided "It's probably the same case"

And that's wrong with the world. Too many sources.
Jk. Okay, maybe I misheard after all.

I mean if you've been thinking about the Air Force a lot you might just be mis-remembering because the human brain is a dick

This is one of the weakest Marvel movies and I'm a huge fanboy.

I've been saying that it'd be a perfect story to introduce Victor Von Doom while also showcasing Strange's mastery of magic and also grants him the title of Sorcerer Supreme.

Well that's just your opinion that is disagreed with by most, but thanks for sharing it anyway.

>Strange kept rewinding time until Doom appeared in a form that wasn't fucking retarded

Saw the movie in 3D. On one hand, it does kind of add to the magical effects. But Christ, I swear the panning shots, or any where the camera moves were just awful. Almost like trying to find the right angle for viewing a 3DS awful.

I don't know. I think most people will see the faults of the film soon. It isn't bad at all and the special effects really are fantastic. But it feels so bland and lifeless compared to some of the other Marvel movies.

>but now he's part of the "make a vid X long so = ad revenue"

you mean that thing that youtubers are forced to do because of the new model?

Well cancer exists because its' your own body doing what it thinks it has to. There isn't a foreign substance, creature, or object to attack. So unless you have a database of exactly which cells go where, and you totally reconstruct your body from scratch, there's nothing you can do about cancer.

That's a given.

Except NOW, in the MCU, they could.
They could just tell the cells to stop replicating out of control.
>tfw Mordo will be to blame for cancer still being a thing

No because that's expensive and insurance won't cover it.

>"cells, stop replicating"
>patient dies because without mitosis, his body can no longer replace damaged cells
>"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE STRANGE! I WARNED YOU BOUT SORCERERS BRO"

It was the guy from IM2 who tests the Hammer prototype.
Strange happens concurrently to the other movies.

The avengers tower is proof that it wasn't post civil war and it wasn't Rhodes but rather an IM2 reference.

I never got why that was even a function. It's a piloted fucking suit. At no point will turning its torso 180 degrees be remotely helpful.

So he's literally Dota's Anti-Mage now?

Could Dr. Strange beat the Hulk by just pushing Banner's spirit into the astral realm and beat him up there?

Or would it be the Hulk's spirit and thus just as unbeatable?

Avengers Tower doesn't exist until the final act of Avengers. It can't be before that.
Also, a plaque on Strange's watch drawer clearly reads "something something 2016", meaning it can't be more than mere months before/during Civil War.

>Civil War is the reason the Avengers couldn't show up to Hong Kong to fight Kaecilius

no it's not because the avengers tower and shit has happened in this movie already

He's a nigger and niggers are animal.

It was clever that that they showed how a handless man can do spells and you don't need your hands to do them. I always wondered how in the world can Strange do spells if his hands are so messed up. I always thought that in the end magic fixed his hands but he didn't want to go back to being a doctor. In the movie though they showed that his hands was still injured at the end.

What happened to his hands was one of the most brutal parts of it.

Because Black Panther won't share the cure for cancer.

i like to imagine that the suit WASNT supposed to ever turn 180 degrees, and whatever motor or artificial muscle powered it had a power surge and broke the suit as it turned.

kind of like what happens when you drop a rear axle accelerating.

Jesus fucking christ, do you really want to face hulk without ANY PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS ON THE WAYS HE CAN BEAT YOUR FACE IN?

I just got back but I still don't get it; isn't everyone technically an animal?

We're all animals because we sure as hell ain't plants.

The upper atmosphere butterfly.

>We ain't plants
That's right my fellow meat friend ahahahah
why would someone be a plant ahahahaha
plants are harmless, why would you think something like that? lol