What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQSD1E7YjHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That awesome breathing sound

Definitely. Some kind of reptilian almost crocodile-like sound. Was chilling.

Shame they never did that in any other animated appearance.

Muscle fetishism.

You gay son, eyeing Eddie's huge, black and oily muscles?
Perfect.

The voice work.

Everything else like the frog face, the fish lips, the snakes eyes, the butt head, and those two weird lines separating the logo's second legs from it's body were just weird.

The design was amazing. Having him resemble a snake was a great way to tweak the design while both stay true to the name and the animal theme of most of Spidey's rogue gallery
>those snake eyes
>that lipped mouth
>that red and blue shading
>just the right amount of buff

Also the origin was better than that of the comic counterpart.

And this. How would you write that sound on paper?

>How would you write that sound on paper?

"as always with Venom you'd hear him long before you'd see him, that gator-like breathing always echoing its snakish hiss down my spine worse than any chill ever could"

Something like that I'd imagine.

>How would you write that sound on paper?
I have been wondering this for years. What words would even describe that sound?

Symbiote Peter was insane.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQSD1E7YjHQ

I fucking loved him. Still do.

>tfw being a litlle boy and seeing Venom for the first time

He was so cool, fuck. He's not as cool nowadays for some reason

>We are Venom to Peter Parker

What did he mean by this?

SHHHOOOOCCCKEEERRRR

He's still cool in the context of the show, though.

YOUUUU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEEEE

I wonder what would happen if the Kingpin ever merged with a symbiote.

That happened in the 100th Anniversary Special - Spider-Man #1

i always liked the gutteral growls that venom from the Ultimate spider-man game made

Those were cool, but I always preferred the otherworldly vibe from the 90s TAS version of Venom.

There is something really eerie and chilling about the sounds he makes in that show. The growls from the USM game just sounded too "generic monster" esque.

BLERGH

>"DON'T WORRY! WE'RE NOT GOING TO FINISH YOU..."
>"...YET"
>"PAAAAARKER!"

So how did it go?

I'll story time it!

Thanks user

There is no Part 1-7. Its a joke. The book is set in 2061 and is basically a "what if we actually did do a 100 year anniversary."

I felt the same way, but I have a new appreciation for him having read some of the decent nineties venom stuff, though there is admittedly more bad than good.

>not allowed to punch

Oh sweet, thanks.

Doing God's work, user.

He's a big guy

And that's the end!

FOR PARKER!

That art was shit but otherwise it was a bretty gud story. Thanks for the dump user.

Casting Hank Azaria

Why was peter running around in his underwear in the first place?

He'd been wearing the symbiote but then he lost it.

>Art was shit

What planet are you living on?

>That awesome breathing sound

You know, I never thought about that. How WOULD someone describe those breathing sounds?

Also, any request for some other Venom storytimes?

Don't forget his large and wet tongue.

hnnnngh

Thanks user bro

Peter himself is insane, im pretty sure Peter have some anger issues

It looked like a Sakimichan comic.
Over rendered, The expressions weren't all that good, and the characters felt statis not dynamic enough to express action scenes. that venom was great though.

When was the last time you went to an optometrist? If not recently, you should probably go soon.

>And this. How would you write that sound on paper?
Goddamnit stop making me think about this.

Venom: The Hunger, plz
It's oddly cute

We need to know, though! Tell us great user!

The Hunger is great too. If not just for Xenophage and Scream. It also gets points for the Rad Eddie stuff.

Meant 'The Hunted'. Sorry for being dumb.

>red highlights

Why

To make him look weirder and more alien.

Eddie Brock being unscrupulous and crazed to begin with. He gets fired from numerous jobs from no fault of his own because Spider-man won't let him get the word out that Doctor Conners is the Lizard. JJ in that universe apparently has clout in the journalism industry and essentially blacklisted Brock. Then John Jameson's shuttle crashes, the Rhino and Spider-man fight, he takes pictures, but decides rather than just sell the pictures to an incredibly emotional JJ, he goes the extra step to lie and depict Spider-man as attacking John.

Then the symbiote bonding with him because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One of my favorite scenes in the episode is immediately after Venom takes out Shocker and Rhino. That smug but about getting on the roof the same way Spidey did is so well done. You can just hear the sinister delight coming from Eddie.

>Then the symbiote bonding with him because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This was actually really interesting to me. Unlike in most other mediums, in the TAS interpretation of the character, it always seemed like the symbiote was using Eddie as a means to an end. Whenever he transformed into Venom, at least to me, it seemed like the symbiote had taken complete control and that Eddie was just along for the ride.

But for Eddie, all he cared about was revenge. He didn't care how it was achieved, so he took delight in the fact that the symbiote would defeat Spider-Man for him.

>What went right?
Hank Azaria's voice. It was filtered and he'd hiss but they didn't do the annoying thing where they have every Venom constantly hiss his ssssssssss's. Also they didn't add too many effects to his voice so his performance still shone through.