Joke character is the big bad

>joke character is the big bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdKFMTsaaBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Joke character is the true MC

>joke characters suddenly turns into tragic villain who eventually do a Heel–Face Turn then dies.

I require examples.

happy potter and the sorcerer's stone.

Hoodwinked.

>Joke character dies early on
>nah jk they survived and became angsty

>I require examples.

Orko turned out to be the true villain of the He-Man series in DC's Masters of the Universe comic.

Even changed his name to Dark Orko.

>joke character turns into 'OW THE EDGE'

Swirly Glasses

>joke character is the big guy

THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED
HE DESTROYED A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE KITCHEN

Harry Potter did both of these, actually.

Neville was the one who actually killed Voldemort, at least in the movie.

undertale twice

I initially thought Adachi was just another comic relief/ cool guy

>time skip/future episode
>annoying kid/joke character becomes an ultra-badass

>Big bad is really the second in command

>big bad was the mc from the future
not enough media does it

Not Sup Forums but still

Snape lol

Also go back to TVTropes

Oh man.
My sides.

I only know
>side character travels into future where mc is the villain cause side character disappeared
Arguably I've only seen this on Darkwing Duck

>big bad becomes joke character

I don't really remember Hannibal as a true antagonist. He was just a side character in Silence of the Lambs, and when they started making movies specifically about him, he was more like a protagonist.

Infamous
>side character travels into future where mc is the villain cause side character disappeared
There was an episode of Superman TAS about that

This is objectively wrong. It's all about the portrayal.

not Sup Forums and only certain paths, but

Zelos Wilder

wasn't ganondorf cursed by fate his ancestors to repeat the cycle set forward in skyward sword?

No, he is a partial reincarnation of a literal god of evil
He has no real motivation except in Wind Waker

>It's a bad future episode where the joke character died and took the group's heart with him

Voldemort was killed by himself, twice. He cast the Killing Curse on Harry and it bounced back.
He actually cast the Killing Curse on Harry no less than four times throughout the books, and it always backfired to some extent.

The Horcruxes were destroyed by Harry, Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione, Grabbe and/or Goyle, Neville and himself.

no evident motivation, they don't really give him time to flesh out his desires beyond obtaining ultimate power, although i feel like the LoZ series has no overarching story, and they just make it up as they go along

Remember that one episode of Pokemon where Team Rocket was a legitimate threat?

But what about Light Yagami who's both "Elder God" and "Shit" at the same time?
Or Joker who's doing all six just on whims?

>i feel like the LoZ series has no overarching story, and they just make it up as they go along
That's certainly their intention. They only released a timeline because fans wouldn't stop bitching about it.

The article actually seems to have a very subtle implication of what's obviously going on. It mentions all the allegations against him and how he can't actually refute them, it describes his insane jihadist beliefs, and it ends with the journalist being told by some creepy Muslim G-Man telling him "YOU HAVE ASKED TOO MUCH".

>It's the scene where the joke character reveals himself as the big bad

>adachi
>some girls reject me so im gonna turn into a killer
>elder god tier

Adachi is beta af

youtube.com/watch?v=tdKFMTsaaBA

Couldn't think of anything else. inb4 go back to Sup Forums

>Joke character gives up his life trying to stop the ultimate big bad of the series

>but fails horribly

Yeah it here's them only by their motivations and not how they act r justify things. Guys like Hannibal are good ones because the energy they give out and sometimes a guy who is just lusting for powers can be a magnificent bastard you just have to love. Meanwhile some reluctant villains are just some crybabies who whine and dont get to fix anything only making their situations worse so it's hard to give a shit.

Tobi

>joke character is actually a complex character who uses humor to cover his chronic depression

Sup Forums wouldn't want you anyway.

>beware

>Someone disses or belittles the joke character, usually over not being serious enough
>Joke character gets serious and blows them the fuck out.

>the cool side villain gets more and more ineffectual as the series progresses

Video games are automatically Sup Forums because they're animated. ;)

Used to be done a lot then calmed down. Most recent examples I can think of though are infamous and technically tales of xilla 2 except he wasn't the bug bad but was from some weird alternate future world

>UUUU

But Twice is a mango, and isn't the last boss yet

>Serious, threatening villain joins the heroes
>Becomes progressively less serious and threatening until he's basically just another side character or an actual joke.

Scrappy Doo.

Fuck anyone who says the live action Scooby Doo film sucked. That twist alone made it amazing.

Ganondorf doesn't really fit.

WTF is this list?

haha holy shit I forgot about that

Shit I wanted to forget that I even watched that movie.

I like this. Especially when the overweight nerd/tech guy is the resistance leader and the time traveling girls suddenly fawn over him but he gives them the finger for being attracted to him in the future and giggling at him in the past.

Just feels so cathartic.

That's weirdly specific, user
Show?

The joke character getting serious will always be my favorite thing ever.

I don't go into shows expecting the joke character to be my favorite but I always leave with them being

(it's user's mary sue)

>character is CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>Constantly mocked for being such edgy angst.

I always love how Angel blows the fuck out Logan when he reveals Wade never took any of his checks.

>Joke character gets depressed and becomes a serious character like everyone else as the situation gets more and more dark/grim

>smug character loses his cool

The US presidential election

say wha'?

I demand Hater chimp backstory.

The whole power level nonsense really did a number on these two

specifically during the Cell Saga

Tokyo Ghost

> joke character NTRs the mc with the best girl

> best friend is actually a girl
> stays friends

so fitting

it's still hard accepting it's real

What's the actual appeal of that trope? Like really, when has that ever been well written or cool?

Danny Phantom: Ultimate Enemy

>Kittan
>Joke character
How? He was literally Kamina with less ego.

The Mule in the Foundation series is probably the ultimate example.

Wreck it Ralph

Seemingly harmless obstacle is actually a fucking madman

>best friend through all of highschool was a girl
>tfw liked her
>tfw shows like these trigger me so fkn hard

This list is shit because you can't grade villains like that.

Ganondorf was the perfect villain in OoT because the game didn't need a complicated villain. It was a classic story of an unlikely hero beating the evil guy against all odds.

>Big Bad was actually a joke character all along

That's stupid. If a villain's motives are better than the heroes then why would they be a villain? A villain is a villain because they are bad, if your protagonist is being morally one upped by the guy he's fighting then you have failed as a writer.

>If a villain's motives are better than the heroes then why would they be a villain?

It's not the motive that matters but the means one is willing to use. See: Watchmen.

Ozymandias was a self righteous asshole

Doesn't matter.

>Danny Phantom The Ultimate Enemy

The hypest shit.

>joke character wins the election

wooooord

>big bad was the mc from an alternative dimension
>infinite dimensions/parallel universes
>go back in time and drown the MC to prevent him from becoming the bad guy
>when there's infinite dimensions, so there's infinite realities where he's still alive
>accomplish literally nothing

Ken Levine blew it.

Bury it, burn it, do what you will. But kill it somehow, else it will slowly eat away at you until you are a husk of a man.

>The joke character is actually the most powerful one in the group.

>The joke character is the one to beat the final boss

Shit game for this reason.

True. Lavos was one of the greatest villains ever written, simply because it WASN'T written.

You spend the whole game fighting against Lavos, but Lavos doesn't fight back. Lavos is a force of nature. You're not fighting against Lavos the creature, you're fighting against Lavos the EVENT.