Is this supposed to be funny?

Yes

>It's mean-spirited so therefor it cannot be funny

Such autism, OP.

wut

>It's mean spirited therefore it must be funny

Welcome to the Family Guy writers' room.

Anyone who says mean spirited is a collosal faggot not gonna lie

What? Dead cartoon limey kids ain't funny for you?

yeah, i think it's hilarious haha
someone should draw more funny dead kids, as a joke, haha sorry if this offends anyone

On the context, yes

>PERSON IS DIE XD
>POLITIC MAN IS BAD XD
>GOD NOT REAL XD
>STEWIE GAY XD

It's not funny because there wasn't even a joke. It was just trying to be shocking but it wasn't really and ended up being nothing but a slightly uncomfortable and unnecessarily long cut away. There was no comedic timing involved.

>limey

as if being american was better

No you dumbass why do you think Peter himself is horrified?

Out of all the shitty family guy jokes you could have picked you decide to go with one of the few that actually works?

"If a joke is obvious and edgy, it's a joke for Family Guy!"

The joke was that Peter is a bad nanny which he proved in hillarious fashion to the max

Imagine if you will, that the intention was not to necessarily be funny, but to simply invoke a response.

You responded.

this this this

Yeah, it got a chuckle out of me.

It's the regular "pussies thread" bait about FG?

I forgot, was it a "Peter walks in and they're dead" or a "Peter watches them die" gag? Because the first one can be done properly.

The manatees don't always produce gold.

Peter falls through the roof and crushes them because he's a big fat guy

>LET'S MAKE FUN OF MEG XD

So it is automatically funny BECAUSE it's "mean-spirited?" Just slapping intense shit onto things doesn't make it funny. That's like saying swearing is automatically funny.

there's that fucking "dead body" pose again

fuck new family guy

One thing I always thought was odd was the absurd amount of references to things the younger generation doesn't know about.

Then I realized it, kids (who else watches this show?) are gonna see those movies, TV shows, and remember about it from family guy.

I would like to smell them.

mean-spirited is what they do to Meg
This is just shock laughs

>MAKE FUN OF OURSELVES SO SELF-AWARE XD

YES!

(and it is)

It's funny how people on Sup Forums are such pussies that they still get offended by fucking Family Guy. I still remember how people were butthurt for like a month about that cutaway gag with the dead whale.

You bet

Stop it with this stupid ass argument.

Drawn Together actually told jokes and (usually) incorporated the gross stuff into said jokes. They weren't ever highbrow but they were witty and clever. Family Guy too often has stuff like horrific death or gruesome injury and expects the audience to laugh at it without actually making a joke.

People are offended by Family Guy because it isn't funny

Like pic related

The joke there was "Sesame Street did something like this. People remember Sesame Street. It's funny." That's it. And they do jokes like that all the time

wow i didn't notice that but you're right. every fucking dead body in Family Guy looks the same

It wasn't that it was unnecessarily gory , it's that is was just really stupid.

>lol Mary Poppins
>lmao he crushed them because he's fat

it isn't shocking or off-putting. it's fucking lowbrow, idiotic humor

I laughed when he crashed though the roof onto the kids.

I didn't laugh when he got up, got scarred, panics, throws up, moves the bodies under the bed, and jumps out the window, because holy fuck did they need to stretch that out for running time of the episode.

So to answer your question OP, it was funny to the le edgy teens and directionless adults who delude themselves into thinking that this somehow is comedy.

Still laughed when he crashed through the roof though. You can't beat basic vaudeville.

And then it drags on for like a full minute, where he pukes and shit in this really forced attempt to increase the disgust for a moment before making it funny through sheer shock again. It's that incredibly formulaic full circle gimmick that bothers me about the jokes.

> the idea is that Mary is suppose to take care of children but in this sketch she ends up hurting them with what would have otherwise been her normal abnormal antics

If you're too dumb for that then I don't even feel sorry for you

Are there people who watch Family Guy who aren't high on weed?

Do these people even exist?

>>>/reddit/

To me it's a funny premise, ruined by a tryhard edgy execution, missing with the attempt at shock value with its plump and unimaginative delivery (and half of it is the stock sound effects and recurring poses really), then dragged on till it's just sad and boring.
It's just the same shit over and over. People are hurt for no reason and the punchline drowns in the human tragedy that unfolds there for half a minute while they think we are laughing.

>high on weed
lmao are you 12?

Or as of Tuesday, California and Massachusetts.

So that idea of getting out the vote in years to come just took a dive. But hey I'll get high.

You think THAT'S bad?

They put the shark into orbit already dedicating a whole episode basically to that whole chicken fight.

This show stopped to be funny after 1st season. Literally every show from Seth are shit for dumb people without sense of humor.

DT is better because just less boring and has less "pretentious tv people" jokes, but FG did the same thing a lot of times concerning gore and gross gags.

pic related is a gag on DT already used by FG.
well at least in DT that make more sense because they were actually attacking the Entairnment Weekly staff building, in FG Peter had his head destroyed for no real reason.

I wonder how they smell like haha