Opinion on CinemaSins?

Opinion on CinemaSins?

It's one thing when they're obviously being nitpicky or making attempts at "jokes"... but when they knowingly misrepresent something that happens in the movie and count it as a sin, that's total BS. Not to mention their fanboys replying to when you point that out with "it's just satire! they're assholes, they already said it!".... yeah no, lampshading when you're doing bullshit doesn't change the fact that you're still doing bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4ti3chBx2Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=_qxgkOIsHUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*ding* we´re white

>nitpick and shit talk beloved scripts and film so normies will chimp put on reddit and in comments section
It's genius. Wish I thought of it.
I will never watch it though.

its novelty for me wore off when he started making 15+ minute long videos. Like you said he nitpicks way too much and it makes it unwatchable.

I knew they were full of shit when I saw a few of their videos for the first time and after the toy story 2 video where they just gave a sin for the smallest of nitpicks

Cinemasins was entertaining initially when the vids were 2-3min long. The things that they picked out were largely the most absurd elements that allowed them to make a joke here and there. When Youtube changed the way it cashed out to length viewed rather than clicks they had to adjust to a longer runtime. Now in order to fill out 15-20min of video they pad it out with really nitpicky shit among other things.

They're awful. They're the CinemaSins of internet movie channels because no one is worse than them.

I usually forget how fucking stupid they are and try to watch one of their videos simply because I don't want to rewatch the movie but still want to see it and get frustrated in 4 minutes.

This, better when it was shorter and dealt with glaring flaws and inconsistency.

I will say that CinemaWins is worse, though.

Their early 2-5min videos were alright, their modern 15++ min videos are practically unwatchable.

Used to watch them quite regularly when the channel first started, but got tired of it when the videos got longer and more nitpicky. I don't think I've seen a video of theirs in at least two years. Kind of forgot they existed.

Like most of today's humor, it's appeal is short lived. You get tired of it after a couple of years, maybe sooner. Their videos were never meant to be considered true film criticism and anyone who think they are should kill themselves. It's mostly a comedy channel and I think whenever he misinterprets an obvious scene in a movie he does it on purpose to piss people off, and it works, continuously.

Honest Trailers > Cinema Sins

They were better with the old guy.

was good for a laugh when their videos were 5 min long

once they breached the 10 min mark they became unwatchable

Why does Sup Forums take them seriously when they're not serious?

This. If you look at their early videos they averaged around 3-minutes in length. It allowed them to pick out the most ridiculous things and deliver their jokes in a rapid-fire pace to entertain the viewer. Occasionally they'd put out a 6-minute for something that they could really make fun of like Twilight, Battleship or Transformers and they'd be able to make enough material to fill it. But now they've had to push everything to 18-minutes on average to make fun of a 1.5 to 2-hour movie they have to scrape everything to fill the video and needlessly expand on elements that they'd spend a single line on before.

All YouTube critics are cancer and are actively hurting the entertainment industry.

the entertainment industry is hurting the entertainment industry far more than some youtube channels.

He's helped create an environment where people are ready to call films shit because they have consistency errors or minor plot holes. And idiots think they're "critiquing" films by just pointing them out

Because Sup Forums takes everything too seriously.

Anyway, I don't mind the longer videos as long as it's a movie that deserves roasting.

They fake and edit stuff just to add extra sins.

youtu.be/4ti3chBx2Pc

>Opinion on CinemaSins?
Absolutely based. Not because their videos are that good, but for all the srs bsns plebs out there who get butthurt over them.
Keep up the good work guys.

If the Cinema Sins dude reverted back to the 5-7 minute long videos, it wouldn't be too bad. Hell, even a 10 minute video would be watchable. But out of his last 10 videos, 9 have been above the 15 minute mark.

these videos are fantastically satisfying
much better than anything CinemaSins ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=_qxgkOIsHUs

When they first started out you could kind of gauge how bad the movie was by the length of the cinemasins video. The Room's video was 8 minutes, really long for them at the time. Later on he did a Batman and Robin video that was 20 minutes, and it felt like a big deal. Now every video is over 15 minutes no matter what the quality of the movie is.

I was ok with longer videos and the nitpicking, it's all shits and giggles anyway, but I dropped it when they started sinning stuff that's just plain wrong.

Cinema Sins is the only movie-channel I subscribed to. I watched all the videos of the movies I saw and when I finish a movie I look for a CS episode for it. I actuallly prefer the longer videos

I followed them for their first 4 videos or so, but even then after a few more it became obvious they just want to make shitty jokes. I can't believe any of you 'adults' watch them still all these years.

Yeah I never watched them a lot but I noticed a couple years ago when I first trying to get into them everything was stupid nitpicky, unfunny, misrepresented jokes. The guy looks like a Muslim so that's probably why.

(Sorry I just hate Muslims) :^)

What about CinemaWins?

>I hate Muslims
Based

Sometimes I don't know if they're misrepresenting on purpose or whether the guy who does the sins is legitimately a potato

No way. Cuckmann, Junkies, and Flickpick are normalfag tier but they spread popularity about a lot of gems and classics.

Nitpicking isn't ever funny, it's just irritating and even more so when you're tying to be witty about it. I hope to god no one is retarded enough to make this their main act.

What a waste of dubs, both are fucking awful and you shouldn't be watched by anyone over the age of 13

OP still salty about Skull Island.

It's not funny and it's not witty.
>MC is wearing a blue shirt. Like, hello?
>*ding*

misrepresenting and nitpicking is fine if it's funny. it's also fine to nitpick their videos for misrepresentations if that's funny. the problem arises with the fact that their nitpicks are often unfunny, but that problem is just as present with the people who nitpick them.

there are lots of people who think what they do should actually have some effect on your enjoyment of the movie, which is a fucking tragedy.

not a fan, but mad props for shitting on kong and that bearded nu-male faggot who cried on twitter for 3 straight days because of their silly video.

He seems abit shitlibby/SJW to me. I avoid his videos.

>black actor does something
>UH... I WILL REMOVE A SIN FOR THIS HE IS JUST TOO GOOD
>racism is shown in movie somewhere
>THIS MOVIE IS. SO. AWESOME.
>removes sin
>retarded "ahhaah" segments
he tries to be witty but comes off as a living white leftist stereotype
and I'm not even racist Sup Forumstard

I seriously have no idea how people can watch this stuff. It becomes stale and unbearable very fast, and they just add on extra sins for no reason so there's no actual value to the critical points. I understand that they're just trying to be funny but the stupid formula is incoherent and there is literally no value to the points that they take away

The ding makes their videos unwatchable. It's so shrill and ear piercing

Something's gotta be the middle step for kids between Nostalgia Critic and Redlettermedia.

>*ding* it's a white male