Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this is the #1 Horror Movie of the Decade?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this is the #1 Horror Movie of the Decade?

I'd put it behind The Witch, but it was great. No idea why it gets so much flak here.

Brilliant premise, terrible plot, decent execution.
Literally the most stupid characters of all time... She saw it in't the parking lot but didn't believe him... See saw it in the school but didn't believe him... She didn't just fuck some random Chad... She didn't get Greg to fuck a prositute.. The swimming pool scene was laughable.

The film would have been 100 times better if it was an Incel neet who got infected

The Witch, The Wailing, Under the Shadows

All better Imo, not a terrible popcorn movie though

>characters are stupid when they don't immediately believe in a supernatural threat
back to /x/

I think we can all agree that this poster is fucking top notch

>No idea why it gets so much flak here.

>REEEEE CHADS AND STACEYS

Does that answer your question

every popular horrorflik gets flak here.

>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this is the #1 Horror Movie of the Decade?

It wasn't even in the top ten.

She literally saw it twice...
Another glaring issue is that when it attacked J it was fairly weak and grabbed her hair twisted it a little... Then manages to fling Paul 10 yards. Also killed Greg quickly ( in what seems to be a sexual act??? So why do we see female its chasing J?)

It's a 7/10 at best, the ending kinda fucks it.
The Witch, The Babadook, and Oculus are all better.

I don't know about number 1 but this is top 5. Neon demon is number 1.

Which 9 movies would you put after it in your top 10?

I fucking hate you Netflix fucks so much.

This movie is shit and has been shit you Nufaggot.

It was a decent movie (good by horror standards) but not even close to #1. I mean it's pretty close in quality to a slew of other horror movies like The Void, The Autopsy of Jane Doe and the like which are all arguably better and even they are not the best.

yes.

does Sup Forums think this was popular?

Everyone knows ghouls and ghosts aren't real which is why a lot of horror doesn't appeal to me. This one got me because the monster literally just looks like a person stalking you which is much more plausible. I was looking back over my shoulder for weeks after seeing this (I have to do a lot of walking in the dark for work).

Yes, it's the only horror film that transcends its genre.

Do you think it wasn't? It gets pushed all over the places as a great horror film

The fart scene was embarrassing. How did they even think that was appropriate?

I wouldn't even call it a horror. It might have been actually scary if it happened to someone that couldn't get laid by simply swimming out to a boatload of Chads. That scene made me sick.
t. can't get laid

100% yes. After being disappointed with Annabel 2 and It, I realized that modern horror movies rely way too much on jump scares. There are very subtle things in it Follows that make it creepy and give the viewer a sense of dread.

>Brilliant premise, terrible plot, decent execution.
I think this was also Tarantino's criticism.

I think a more analytical, methodical approach to dealing with the monster might be interesting, but I don't think it would make for an entertaining movie. It only takes a few minutes to come up with the more obvious plans for dealing with It. I don't think a Light Yagami kind of dude dealing with the monster would make for more than a 30 minute flick. You just trap it, go for a prostitute, go overseas, or find some way to go public with it.

The slob girl "character" annoyed me to no end. Especially in that last scene when she's eating that sandwich and reading shit aloud. What she even reading? Was it relevant? I remember the main character's teacher reading something as well but I wasn't interested at all.

>That shot in the school where the camera is rotating 360 and you can see it walking towards them but they're unaware
>When they're pulling out of the school and you can see it walking after the car

Constant sense of dread, fucking kino

Yes. Only real competition is Starry Eyes.

Starry Eyes had a very nice slow build-up and the pay-off at the end was worth it. Excellent taste.

1. The Witch
2. The Wailing
3. Starry eyes
4. Under the Shadows
5. It comes at night

Objective rating

No that would be Stoker.

I'm gonna give Starry Eyes a shot, but I'm reluctant because I didn't think The VVitch or The Wailing were anywhere near the best of their years let alone the decade. And also because the trailer looks like Black Swan and House of the Devil mixed together (liked the latter, not the former).

It's proof that actor fame is mostly luck. The film's success rests on Alex Essoe's performance. It's a difficult role and she pulls it off perfectly. And she's a complete unknown, without even a Wikipedia page.

Nice bait thread.

>back to /x/
Fine but on day I will return.

Great movie hampered by a pretty dumb third act, but still the second best horror movie of the decade, after The Witch.

Yep!

It's good user, enjoy

Nice little indie horror flick. Get your head out of your ass, bud.

>The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Please don't ever put that filth in the same list as The Void or It Follows again.

Personally I thought it was the best out of the three. It had the best ending for sure.

Can someone explain to me why people like Starry Eyes? Aside from the comically violent dumbbell scene there wasn't anything really memorable about it.

It was overhyped as The Scariest FIlm Ever on here pre and post release even though it's average at best. People lashed out because it was just okay.

It was shit.

This, but it's a pretty close second tho.

it was average and not scary at all. don't fall for the meme guys

who cares what that hack thinks?

> I was looking back over my shoulder for weeks after seeing this
I saw that in the reviews and thought it was people being retarded
You didn't actually feel that way did you, I didn't even come close to feeling that shit

>memes lol

How is The Witch even scary? I watched it and at best its a thriller
zero scare parts

I thought it was great. Not your typical modern day jump-scare extravaganza that constitutes a "horror" film. Just overall really tense and creepy.

Evil Dead remake has been my favorite so far. Then this. I loved the idea behind the Babadook but something about it just didn't sit with me right, I don't know.

Honestly, yeah I'll agree to that.

>I think this was also Tarantino's criticism.
I don't know why you know this and I don't know where you came from but you definitely need to go the fuck back.