Bendis is finally bringing Ewing stuff into his books

>Bendis is finally bringing Ewing stuff into his books

fuckfuckfuck

Other urls found in this thread:

comicscontinuum.com/stories/1611/11/jessicajones2.htm
newsarama.com/31963-dani-cage-is-all-grown-up-in-jessica-jones-3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If there is any single page that perfectly illustrates western comic art's failure to render action scenes, this is that page

Look at Jessica. Look at her.

Can't someone just post the entire damn preview/issue?

I suppose it was only a matter of time before future Captain America introduced herself to her mother from this time period.
Ideally Ewing still holds custody on the character though.

Oh I forgot Dani was the future Captain America.
Jesus Christ that costume is such an eyesore. Why don't they fix that shit?

It's not so much the art as much as it is the artist.
And this is the failure of an artist.

What sources do you think someone should draw inspiration from to do a not-shit action scene?

When I say "art" I really mean across the entire board. It's not just one artist's folly but nearly all of them. They have to find more dynamic ways of rendering motion. Doesn't have to be the way manga does it, but they need to at least TRY. Drawing hair floating in space is not the way to accomplish this.

first of all, that art is terrible
second of all, if Bendis is just giving Ewing a nod, that's fine, but Bendis better STFU and let Ewing do what he wants. There's only a few spots in Marvel that aren't shit right now and Ewing's is one.

maybe one day they'll figure out one of the reasons Ewing is doing such a good job is that they gave him a bunch of minor characters and said "do whatever, we don't care."

Artists tend to "reference" from photography a lot. What's common in a lot of photos of people moving is motion blur. Maybe add some of that in from time to time in ways that enhance the scene, not distract from it.

Animators use squash and stretch to capture the life of motion. Obviously, printed sequential art doesn't have the luxury of motion, but they can adopt techniques like squash and stretch.

movies. other excellent actions scenes. DC animated films.

>It's not so much the art as much as it is the artist.
>And this is the failure of an artist.
Basically, yeah. Gaydos is a damn hack.

I like how Bendis' first instinct was to completely reset Jessica and just do Alias again.
His own characters aren't safe from his laziness.

I don't mind the costume.

But Jesus, her battle cry...

are you kidding? Bendis probably orgasmed several times when he learned Dani Cage was Captain America, and then orgasmed several more times when he was writing the script saying THEN CAPTAIN AMERICA DANI CAGE (A CHARACTER I CREATED) SHOWS UP AND GIVES HER MOM JESSICA JONES (ANOTHER CHARACTER I CREATED) A HUG AND PROTECTS HER FROM GUNFIRE

That's because Gaydos is a failure OF an artist.

It's less obvisious than Land because of the style, but this shit is static and tracy as hell.

There was a solicit from USAvengers that mentioned CW2 might have destroyed Cap Danielle's timeline, right? Does anybody have it?

>western comic art's failure to render action scenes

Bitch please, it's the artist you fucking weeabo, there are mangakas who can't do action scenes for shit.

Gaydos you lazy shit at least try to draw her costume correctly.

No surprise, if he likes what some other writer is doing he will mess with what they're doing.

Like there's a solicit for Jessica Jones where it says she uncovered a terrible Hydra secret that will impact the Marvel Universe, I bet you she finds out about Hydra Cap.

It also may be why she's doing what she's doing and acting all weird, Bendis did say she's trying to protect Luke from something..

This
Kekwing was just aping his inner Benis and now he will orgasm when he realizes his senpai noticed him

>Bendis
>Creator of Spider-man, Ironman, and Captain America

Why did you let this happen, Sup Forums?

They'll all be gone in five years, user. Kick back and relax.

Why do you care. They're in the the Universe now. Someone will do good with them. No bad characters, only bad writers

strip panel naked breaks down an issue from the recent shalvey moon knight run, look it up.

watch?v=KbMj9f0mcBA

So a Cap version of Spider Bitch?

Who was her grandmother, anyway?

She's Luke and Jessica's kid from the future. Ewing has used her twice before, but someone finally told Bendis about it.

Nevermind, I found it: it was an interview.

>Joining your team on their first adventure is the Captain America of a possible future, Danielle Cage. How would you describe her initial dynamic with the U.S.Avengers? Having coming from a possible Marvel Universe future, is she aware of the team’s existence and the role she’ll play in it?

>Danielle Cage comes back to the past on a mission to recapture a criminal from her own time. But this past is new territory to her — thanks to Ulysses’ predictions during “Civil War II,” a crucial element of her history never happened. Marvel readers are used to alternate futures, especially as the sliding timeline means that no future will ever happen, but it makes for something of an existential crisis for Dani herself. Will her future be waiting for her when she returns from the present? Is her Earth the “true” Earth, or is this one? Should she try to preserve her own future legacy, in the knowledge of what she’s achieved, or let her toddler-self in this world have a life free of the burden of being Captain America? It’s a complex question. Oh, and Danielle fighting alongside her old baby-sitter is going to be a definite thing.

Does it even need to be mentioned that this existential time-travel stuff has already been done in the X-Men books?

I'll just spoiler Dani's future for you: She becomes a background character bouncing between books until her fanbase is forced to continually ask;
"What happened to Rachel Gr- uh, Danielle Cage?"

Have a parody of an actual jap comic that doesn't even know how you look down a rifle's scope or even hold a gun.

>I'll just spoiler Dani's future for you: She becomes a background character bouncing between books until her fanbase is forced to continually ask;
>"What happened to Rachel Gr- uh, Danielle Cage?"

We can always be optimistic and hope she's more like Cable.

>especially as the sliding timeline means that no future will ever happen

this makes me really interested in someone doing a thing where say Rachel Summers deals with the fact DOFP was in 2013 and we're now well past that

that's not because she's a time traveler

It should made clear that the original was drawn by a woman. She mist certainly wasn't reading Golgo 13. When it comes to guns, I've seen the object taken a lot less seriously than in No-Guns Japan. In gun laden manga, there's am almost fetish like view of guns. Crime comics use them, but a gun is just that a gun and what it does.

She also posted pictures of her holding the same style of gun like that, doubling down on that's how you hold it. Also the gun was almost 1/3 her size.

Manga. They've been doing it better for years.

#2: comicscontinuum.com/stories/1611/11/jessicajones2.htm
#3 (unlettered, sauce of OP pic): newsarama.com/31963-dani-cage-is-all-grown-up-in-jessica-jones-3.html

I... don't understand.
Is she trying to lapdance?

>DC animated films
Mediocre adaptations of far superior comics?

What's her battle cry?

The point is that this is the norm for Western artists. And it really is. Having any action skill is a serious boon in the west unfortunately.

"BLACK LIVES MATTER ASSEMBLE!"

I'm pretty sure that story has happened to Rachel multiple times and it then get revealed that DOFP still exists as it's own separate dimension.
She freaked out when Cable was born since she realized she probably doesn't exist anymore, she got obliterated from existence for a while when her timeline got prevented and/or tumbled across dimensions until she basically became Nathan's pope. I recall her thinking about that fact somewhat before her entire family got genocided. It's really not that uncommon a story/thought for her now that I think of it.

fucking bendis man

Racist prick. If you aren't going to contribute anything to the conversation don't waste space with your shitpost.

It's actually

"I am the shield!"

>No bad characters, only bad writers
What a fucking meme. Look at any new Marvel character within the last few years for a perfect example of a bad character.

why do they always make dani look like a damn troglodyte?

Jessica Jones spawned her

Yet Gwenpool, that by right should've the worst of them all, is actually good

don't respond cμck

"Hands up, don't shoot!"

But I like Kamala and Robbie.

>poor man's Maleev
What stopped Bendis from getting the real deal?

Those were the days.

>Look at any new Marvel character within the last few years for a perfect example of a bad character.
All of them had at least one good story/book so your point is already invalid

Gaydos draws everyone ugly as sin, it's his style

Seeing how it's Alias Reloaded I don't know why you would expect anyone else but Gaydos

It's a shame that he even has imitators working in indieshit and occasionally Marvle.

>Gaydos
Double Gay?