Why did Khan want Genesis? He clearly wasn't going to do anything with it

Why did Khan want Genesis? He clearly wasn't going to do anything with it

He didn't. He knew it was a way to draw Kirk to him. He wanted revenge.

He wanted it for it's superior breast reduction facilities.

So it was just more symbolism? The whole movie all you hear is that Genesis could destroy whole planets with life, blah blah its deadly. And in the end it just gets used as a time bomb

It's a MacGuffin. That's all. The One Ring is talked up of being the ultimate tool of the ultimate evil the entire trilogy but it's just a MacGuffin that turns Frodo invisible and other people jealous--it doesn't appear to be world ending at face value. Same thing.

He liked his desserts served cold and nothing chills crem brule quite like a genesis device.

Take it back to Earth, remake the world in his own image.

why did he become white for the movie?

he wanted to terraform a planet then go on a star trek cruise there

Leverage

It creates a planet, though.

his tits are amazing in this movie

Khan always brought the manservice. He was showing off those pecs all the time in Space Seed, too.

I wonder, if Khan had killed Kirk, would he have used the device on Ceti Alpha V?

Like, at that point he would have tied off all his loose ends, otherwise. His crew, his family, perhaps he would have wanted to return to them that which had been taken. He didn't seem like that bad of a guy.

khan literally did nothing wrong

Not taking into account the 3rd dimension in a space battle is something wrong. What did he think this was, Battlefleet Gothic?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

nerds dont even exist

this is what showing mercy gets you
Kirk was a faggot

>want to make kirk suffer
>could wipe out life on earth
>"you didn't save them kirk! you didn't save your people, live with that!"
>just try to kill kirk and shoot at him in space mist

shitty revenge, shitty villain, shitty tits, shitty movie

Years without good sun exposure.

Clearly the expectation of Joachim and the others, at least, was that they would use it somewhere or other for their own benefit. It's possible that they were planning to use it on some out-of-the-way world to make a new home for themselves. It's also possible that they intended to threaten populated worlds with its use, so that they could gain power.

Khan himself doesn't seem to have thought past revenge. Hence the argument between Khan and Joachim as the Enterprise is escaping into the nebula: the latter wants to let her go, since they have what he thought they were after (Genesis), but the former doesn't have what HE is really after yet (revenge).

It was inexperience, as Spock said. Khan was a genius, but his personal experience with warfare (and most of his acquired knowledge from literature) came in a terrestrial environment, not outer space. He tries to translate the tactics of the former to the latter, but fails to fully compensate for third dimension.

Agree with this BUT he would have happily used it to conquer the galaxy if he managed to blow up the Enterprise first