Which one of these characters is smarter?

Which one of these characters is smarter?

How dare you bring up Venture Bros next to that other show. I am DEEPLY offended right now, literally can't even.

rick because dr adventure is a dumbass loser who only succeeds due to dumb luck and even then its a 2 steps forward 1 and a half steps back kind of win, which is why he's the better character

The one that is writer wish fulfillment.
AKA Rick Harmon the ultimate fictional character

Rick. Venture is pretty dumb he had to steal ideas from his midget twin brother.

Rick is smarter, Rusty is more complex.
Rick's pain only stems from "oh, I'm so smart and everyone else is so dumb!" Rusty had a legitimately fucked up childhood that sapped his potential.

Rusty and Brock have the best banter on the show by far.

Obviously Heisenberg.

rusty's a failure, he only gets by off the work of his father/brother.

a better matchup would be professor impossible or jonas jr.

>there are adults in this thread right now, legitimately discussing the intelligence of two cartoon characters

>there's an autist pointing things out, because that's the maximum of social interaction he can ever achieve in life

Stupid question. OP should ask which one is the better father/family man.

>Litteraly the reason I post on Sup Forums

>There is an adult who joined a thread about subjects he actively didn't like and posted anyhow

What did he mean by this

Dr.Venture. He built a walking eye. A WALKING EYE. Rick never built anything that cool.

Rick is smarter, but hes a one dimensional character whose intelligence is more of a plot device than a character trait. Rusty is far more entertaining

Rick isn't one-dimensional dumbass. You're right about his intelligence being a plot device though, he's the smartest guy in the universe who can do anything, which is the point.

and that gets real boring real fast

BUT IM PICKLE RICK

>Everytime something almost deepens the alcoholic genius' character, turns out it was all part of the plan

Rick. Rusty is brilliant, but incredibly lazy and depressed with PTSD. Rick channels his own depression into his work, and numbs his pain with drinking and hedonism, whereas Rusty tries to shortcut everything and is too socially stunted to properly (if un-healthily) numb his pain. He's just miserable and takes it out on the world and his boys like everyone owes him something. Honestly, Rusty could be right behind Rick if he didn't get distracted so easily, and shit, even if he took up drinking or something and stopped trying to fill the void with dumb bullshit.

Tacking onto that, if Rick had to go through what Rusty went through, I don't know how he'd fair now either. Jonas Sr. could probably go neck and neck with Rick tho.

helper is the goat

"He just wants a huuug!"

He literally tried to kill himself and failed because he fell into a drunken sleep. I don't want the writers to constantly give me some moral character development. That would make it boring. Even Dr. Venture often turns around and goes right back to his dumb asshole ways by the end of emotional VB episodes.

Rick is smarter, but his show is shit and the character is shallow.

Dr. Venture us still intelligent but he's also entertaining.

Why didn't Rusty hook up with that blonde invisible thot again?

If the Omniverse theory is true, Rick Sanchez could literally show up in our universe and proceed to fuck it up

Rick is naturally brilliant, strives for excellence and to be better than everyone, addicted to his work, never had to deal with his father trying to put him in perilous situations 24/7 (although it's clear he has daddy issues from the assimilation episode), and never had to deal with the bizarre world of being hunted/kidnapped/tortured/being held for ransom (often being forgotten by his father) by psychotic assholes in costumes.

Rusty is naturally brilliant, but never wanted the life of the super scientist which was "dumped" in his lap "like a cup of scalding hot responsibility", and mostly just continues the legacy as lazily as possible to keep paying the bills and living as responsibility free as possible, though he shows signs of caring about science quite a bit here and there (the episode where he fights with Orpheus over science vs. necromancy). He's completely fucked up by a childhood Rick never had to deal with, as well.

Because she wanted to actually be with him and he probably has incredibly fucked up issues with women thanks to his dad's womanizing and disregard for emotional attachment.

rusty is an idiot. I don't even understand the concept of this thread.

>tesla was our rick sanchez

who would win given ample prep time?

Dr. Jonas Venture, Jr.

>liberal atheist redditors believe this stuff but God is too ridiculous of a concept

They are both Magical fictional characters guess there is a bible universe too.

Rick is smarter.
Rusty is a better person.

When has Rusty ever shown any brilliance in his field like Rick has? The guy has failed at everything he has ever done.

who is smarter: sherlock or dexter?

rusty has shown some creative brilliance like when he used helper to keep him self alive when his kidneys were stolen, overall his intelligence is slightly above average.

He literally started his sentence with "If the theory is true"
Belief in god is absolute or not at all. There's no space for doubt. That's the problem

>Rusty is a better person.

now there's a rarely seen sentence

Rick is smarter, but they are both complete fuckups. Their levels of being fuckups are too off the scale to compare.

>Rusty is a better person
lol, no he's not. They both mask their depression and mental issues with assholish things. Rusty is extremely selfish but is a big crybaby about not wanting to be seen as a bad person. Rick just doesn't care.

Venture peaked at like 16.

Uh, the Boom-Broom bro.

'Am I a bad person Brock? Am I?'
'Ehhh'

Rick is smarter scientifically, Rusty is smarter emotionally (which is saying something).

Having faith in theories is one of the core tenants of the religion of science

Rick makes gadgets that instantly save the entire universe. Rusty makes gadgets that never work as intended that don't sell at garage sales.

This.

The abomination was a fetus in fetu who later became a creator of a planet. The boy has it all over Rick Sanchez.

Rick wins in terms of raw IQ points, but Rusty is smarter by far.

He realised long ago that a life of super-science and adventure is not one that makes you happy, and instead concentrates being the best father possible. Rick wasted his life on adventures, and only got back in touch with his family through sheer guilt.

Also worth noting that though both are miserable to a certain degree, only Rick is legitimately suicidal. Rusty is haunted by his past, Rick is haunted by his present.