What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_a1_SO8hu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. it literally had the smallest budget of any Spider-man movie when adjusted for inflation
2. CGI is a mandatory bandaid these days and cost effective
3. This actual shot is just a handful of seconds so Sony probably didn't want to build a goddamn ferry split in half unlike in SM2 where the train sequence is 15 minutes long
4. You've posted a compressed image likely taken from youtube

Homecoming was an alright movie over all. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. It was miles better than the Amazing series though.

I feel like I watched the whole goddamn movie out of the first trailer they posted.

Why do people keep posting the screenshot from the first trailer when there are more recent ones that look better?

as a skeleton user i have to say
yes

Sure they do.

It still looks bad. I don't have a problem with spiderman in that image, it's everything in the background that's distracting. It's all digital.

why would you even cgi that? a person could do that

Toby's Spiderman was such kino.

This. Ramy did good. Especially Uncle Ben scene

How the fuck did Raimi get it so RIGHT?

Raimi's movies perfectly captured the feel of the Amazing Spider-Man comic books.

youtube.com/watch?v=K_a1_SO8hu0

Every Frame a Panel

Is there at least anything real in the Homecoming one, or is it just pure CGI?

why make an uncanny live action movie full of cheap CGI bandaid when you could go full animation and have a much better product?

Rami at least had some real shots amidst the CGI fighting. Made it seem more believable tbqh.

agree
NYC felt like a character, the character arcs were completely beautiful and the movies hit every high note
honestly Raimi's SM were an homage to classical romantic hero movies we used to have but are now defunct because a sincere selfless hero doesn't get made anymore

Raimi is the hero we need but don't deserve.

>american movies constantly use jesus-on-the-cross imagery during moments where they try to show the protagonist in a moment of great struggle or self-sacrifice
WOW WHO KNEW

I still wish he'd said "fuck you and your discomfort" and gone with the green goblin mask with articulated features

user for the Raimi version they only had to rent a train carriage and tie Maguire to it. Are you really complaining Disney didn't sink the Staten Island ferry?

The Chad arachnid vs the virgin spider

Chad:
>Manly suit that's been torn after a tough fight
>Clearly visible spider
>High stakes, innocent civilians right behind depending on him
>Secret identity compromised, still chooses to save everyone
>Face shows how much he's exerting himself, like he's going for a personal best

nu-spiderman:
>100% CGI shot
>feminine suit in pristine condition, never been through any real challenge
>itsie bitsy spider
>trying to save an empty building
>hides behind a mask
>looks emotionless, like he's autistic

Disney could do soemthing equaly cheap, instead of acting like retarded meatheads and trying to create a spectacle that they don't have resources for. Less "hella epic scenes" but at least homecoming wouldn't look like a steaming piele of shit.

Raimi movies felt like an episode of the goddamn power rangers and Iron Goblin was the worst.

No, I'm complaining because it so unrealistic and the CGI is straight up bad. They could've built part of a ship for it if they weren't lazy. Something similar has been done many times in the past. Even the the ships in Pirates of the Caribbean look far more real.

see

they hired Dafoe who has a real goblin face and then put some cheap plastic mask on him why dont just put make up and a few prosthetics?

>CGI-man: Pixelate everything

Why not just make an animated movie at this point?

GUYS this movie is E P I C and does NOT look bad!!! there is hardly ANY cgi at all!!! and it looks amazing!!!

the diversity is realistic and amazing so stfu nazis

Right? It's *almost* genius.

>a 15 year old movie has more believable CGI

It was a last second mistake. He was supost to have a very great mask full with motors, but in the end they didn't use it (I think it never worked good enough).

A person did do that. They CGI the suit over the practical suit.

>revenue is indicative of quality

Spider-Man 2 is still objectively the best Spider-Man movie, closely followed by the original Spider-Man.

Adjusted for inflation, Raimis movies btfo Homecoming.

The question was 'what went wrong, the answer is nothing, for Sony. The sequel is released two months after Avengers Four, and has to be guaranteed to break a billion at this point.

don't forget

>made his suit by himself

>got his suit as a temporary gift by a pedophile celebrity