Why dont they just drop doomsday in the sun?

why dont they just drop doomsday in the sun?
even if he adapts to it, its not like he can get out, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682
youtube.com/watch?v=n8a8UJnk2HY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not just make another Doomsday and have the two fight each other forever trapped?

They'd probably end up fusing into some kinda super Doomsday.

First of all, what happens when that monster evolves a way to fly out?
Flight is about the only advantage Supes has against Doomsday in a fight.
Then there's the possibility that Doomsday evolves some way to survive that might harm the sun itself.
That really would be a "doomsday".
Then there's the whole Kryptonian origin part of it, Superman gets his power from the sun because of his unique Kryponian yadda-yadda etc... etc...
So is it a smart idea to toss Superman's Kryptonian-born greatest living threat into this proven power-source?

Speaking of which, how is Eiling doing?

But Goku's not there to teach them the fusion dance...?

No one said he has to be thrown into our sun.

how about a black hole?
it's far away enough that even if he somehow got out, he'd have no way to find his way back to Earth because Earth and the whole Solar system would have moved a few bajillion miles from where it was

Forget the sun.
Chuck him in a blackhole.
Literally impossible for him to escape
Maybe he'd survive circling the singularity, but he will never be able to leave

And what happens if he then evolves a way to tear his way out of said blackhole?

Funfact: " The Sun" is actually not a scientific term but rather the *name* of our solar system's star.
There are no other "suns", only other stars.

Who will take him into one, without him getting the upper hand in the way?

Evolve all he wants, blackholes cannot be escaped.
It's how the universe works

If matter can escape a blackhole in ways other than Hawking radiation, then the universe will fill up with matter.

But then he'd just eat the sun,

And then we'd be done.

Superman can throw him with his super-aim.

He can't evolve unless he dies, right?
He's not Darwin

Why don't we just create a set of circumstances where the greatest chance of his survival depends on him being nice to everybody?

In our IRL reality, yeah, but in DC's comicbook science it'll probably just time-travel him somewhere.

Doomsday's origin is retarded. How does cloning the remains of the previous being create a better being? Wouldn't he just make a new baby every time?

OR... let's just toss him at Earth 3 and let Ultra-Man sweat over this for a change.

>He can't evolve unless he dies, right?
He's evolved in real-time before.

Doomsday evolves based on survival, right?
Why not drop him on a barren planet that does no harm to him but where he can't scape from

(DC has never really thought out their science theories that much)

I figured it works such that the dna is somehow independently hiveminded and intelligent, so doomsday was essentially a giant hive organism that could reconstruct should the joined organism fall and any remain.

It's a hard premise to make work.

Huh that's a neat but of trivia

Why does it have to be an unpleasant place?
Drop him off on Planet Paradise and let him evolve a way to cope with sunny beaches.

Do you know how many millions of years would take to reach a black hole?

Supes literally holds a black hole on his hand.

I figured that it was some idea of 'every time he gets cloned, his healing factor gets a bit wonkier' until it reached the point where instead of just healing his wounds, it starts growing armor-like callouses over the wound, and then got pushed even further where it could 'heal' him to be immune to what inflicted the wound

But he didn't create the original Ultimate, he used an alien baby and then cloned him repeatedly untill he got Doomsday.

My problem is that the alien somehow naturally evolved each time it was recreated. Why? If you sent me out in the wild and let me die, the made a clone of me from my remains, why would that be any better than me?

not an issue when there's an omniverse collapsing and expanding regularly, redistributing matter and increasing or decreasing the number of universes so that everything fits

nothing. he is adrift in space with no idea where he is relative to Earth. It'd be nice and peaceful for him. he wouldn't even have a reason to seek out Earth since he's no longer in danger.

I figured the super scientists would have designed the baby with that sort of independently intelligent and self adapting dna in the first place.

If you were trying to engineer a super creature, you wouldn't do it without first tinkering.

Supergirl can fly in and out of black holes no problem.

Doomsday would survive.

>nothing. he is adrift in space with no idea where he is relative to Earth. It'd be nice and peaceful for him. he wouldn't even have a reason to seek out Earth since he's no longer in danger.

Ehh...before coming to earth, ALL that he did was wander on space and kill everything from whatever he landed on.

Trap Doomsday in the SpeedForce

Brilliant. Just brilliant. There's no way him evolving out of that situation could become a huge disaster.

Besides maybe the Phantom Zone, just do what every race has done with Doomsday: Put him in a rocket, and pray to god he doesnt come back.

It'd make sense if they released a million clones with minor tweaks, took the ones that lasted longest, recombined them, and released another million. They'd also need to have some guidance so that any clone that ran, hid, or tried to find some kind of equilibrium got sorted against.

Because really, you want the perfect organism to survive in an impossibly harsh environment, you're probably going to get something that looks like a rat, eats anything, and is very good at hiding and fucking.

You know the funny thing is Doomsday in a way has already won. Long after every living thing in the universe has died and when every star will go out, he will endure. The only regret he may have, is the number of beings he didnt kill with his bare hands.

Space is like 99.999(Fucktillionsof9's)99%empty space. If you hurl him in any given direction, even at light speed, him intersecting a celestial body will probably only happen sometime after the heat death of the universe.

That's an idea Barry from the Flash TV show would have thought of.

user, do you want to see what a death machine that's evolved beyond the very fabric of Speed itself looks like?

A very fast grey cactus.

He'd pretty much instantaneously juice every living creature on earth.

One minute, people, next minute, lots of red smears everywhere.

Zoom please

Ever read Swamp Thing? Just think of it like that.

So, does doomsday evolve to combat the specific thing that killed him, or all things in that group?

I.E. If you killed him using a specific poison, would he be immune to all poisons, or just all similar poisons?

Was thinking maybe magic, as it has potentially infinite mutations of it's own, could be a way to finally shut him up.
But if you killed him with some kind of magic, and he came back, would he be immune to all magic?

Putting a creature that can infinitely evolve into ANYTHING where time gets fucked up is a bad idea.

You're just opening the door to it evolving beyond the concept of time, which could do all kinds of crazy shit.

Doomsday's OP ability is hard to gauge because its whatever the writer deems it to be. My assumption is that its basically a dramatic resistance to whatever killed him. However for your question I believe Doomsday is already immune to many, if not all, forms of poison/disease given his Kryptonian heritage

They did that. Then global warming happened.

Isn't there an actual name for our Sun that's just rarely used?

What do you think was the most radical death doomsday has ever died?

Yeah and our system is called Sol, pretty unimaginative there

If doomsday really can evolve to stop dying then the best evolution for him would do evolve the abilty to not be a raging dickhead. If he wasn't trying to kill everything all the time he wouldn't die and could just chill.

He's made of solid rock that doesn't eat, drink, or breathe, I don't think poison is a problem for him.

Probably the first time he was eaten by those goofy spikeyraptors on Prehistoric Kyrpton.

So whats the Darwin environment to pull that off Einstein? And intellect isnt really the issue, he just fucking hates every living thing given his shitty childhood

We need a list of ways to mellow out this spiked murder machine.
If he can adapt to the harshest conditions,why not have him adapt to the nicest of conditions?
I'd be pretty funny.

Doomsday was made the way he is on Krypton, but he's not Kryptonian.

For a brick that cannot fly, they seem to have a lot of trouble dealing with the guy. Just dropping him on an asteroid should pretty much get him out of everyone's hair forever.

Pretty much this. He is physical only. So even if he evolves beyond spagettification and being smushed into a singularity he is still not leaving because he cannot fly.

Just put him on Mojo.

could doomsday survive scp 682 gauntlet?
scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682

>mogo loves to socialize

Why doesn't Ray Palmer shrink him extremely small and put him somewhere else?

Dr.fate could just put in a dimensional pocket of emptiness for eternity, never heard of evolution accounting for magic.

Sol

>682
>looks like a wolf

This honestly irks me far more than it should...

Why doesn't thor just place his hammer on dooms day so he can't move unless he evolves to "lol I can use the hammer"

thor isn't real

I know there's a black Superman, and Supes gets his energy from the sun.

Have they ever made a "Sol food" joke?

Probably considered too racist. Jokes can't be funny anymore.

It's my understanding that doomsday can only evolve if he is killed. So any kind of status-floating around in some kind of pocket dimension devoid of any danger should be able to contain him indefinitely.

You mean like the Phantom Zone? Superman doesn't even need to call anyone for help; he could stop Doomsday himself. So, why doesn't he?

Well there are other people in the phantom zone. It would have to be his own personal floaty dimension.

I don't think so but I bet Grant Morrison would do it if you mentioned it to him

Cause he got killed the last time he did it

the sun wouldn't kill him so evolution wouldn't be triggered

That would actually be an interesting twist on the Doomsday concept. Instead of creating a super strong monster that kills everything you create something that can't die and breeds incredibly fast.

The threat is still the same-total destruction. They just accomplish it by eating everything like locusts and moving on to the next planet.

Basically you would have tribbles. Doomsday themed tribbles.

Probably something where he's killing illusions, not real things, and then make it so that if he gets along with certain illusions he kills things faster.

Basically simulate the survival conditions that led to humanity evolving compassion, except swap out "survival" for "can kill faster".

He can just jump to the next planet user. This is a guy that punched out of the Phantom Zone. Superman had to throw him into pure entropy at the end of time itself to kill him "for good".

He evolved intelligence before, he ended up weaker because he understood the concept of Death and learned fear.

That was a real experiment but it turned out to be flawed because the worms could detect the chemical trail left by the previous worms. Plus no one has been able to replicate the results.

>Then there's the possibility that Doomsday evolves some way to survive that might harm the sun itself.
>That really would be a "doomsday".
That... could actually be an awesome story.

Superman flew Brainiac through TWO black holes and it didn't take him that long to do so.

But then gets knocked back by Mammoth punching him. A couple Grant Morrison pages make 90% of Superman's adventures pretty awkward.

And that effects comic books how?

>yfw matter began escaping a ball hole 20 minutes ago, and the universe only has 3 hours before uninhabitability.

Fucking Silver age.

>Superheros
>Not doing the impossible

Go and stay go user.

Superman and Waverider took Doomsday into the future, to the very last moment of the universe before it's destroyed by entropy, and left him there

Guess what?

He still escaped.

It's the classic "Joker problem". Literally no matter what way you devise to get rid of him, including killing him, he's going to come back because plot.

>Joker
>An obnoxious favorite of writers who keeps showing up and stealing the spot light away from better characters and challenges

Doomsday is Superman's Joker.

There is a simple way.

Go back in time to prehistoric Krypton and kill Doomsday, along with the dude who created him, before he could finally evolve into the Doomsday he is currently.

That or just kill the asshole who created him and adopt baby Doomsday.

Just throw the Shaggy Man at Doomsday.

Literally Earth's version of the Ultimate project by Bertron.

That is literally how Silver Age Superman would have dealt with the problem. Guy traveled through time more times than he used his heat vision.

Just rescue cute Doom-baby and raise him to love truth, justice, and the American way.

youtube.com/watch?v=n8a8UJnk2HY

throw him(it?) in the sun and he will eventually become Doctor Manhattan tier

For once, in any media, I would like to see a guard force keeping people from throwing potentially dangerous stuff or individuals into the sun.

>Somewhere, in a elseworld continuity, a Superman permanently defeated Doomsday, the one enemy that seemed to be never truly defeated, by saving his younger incarnation from the torment that shaped him into what he is via time-travel.

>The baby, that was supposed to become Doomsday instead became a mighty champion that would stand up for those who cannot defend themselves. And growing up under the influence of the Man of Steel further reinforced this.

Now I seriously would love to see this, as well good Doomsday fighting his mainstream incarnation.

He can teleport now across interplanetary distances.

That would make an amazing Imaginary Story. The worst part would be the ending which would say "unfortunately, this was just an imaginary story and things didn't end up this way."

Tell that to Godzilla.