What was his deal ?

What was his deal ?

Why did he bomb the engineer city ?
Why would he not just kill Tennessee and Davis ?
Why would he send out a distress call saying that they lost like 11 crew members and only 2 survivors from a solar flare and expect that to not be suspicious ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5IHyNCODrzI?t=37s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because he could

he's...pure...evil

Is that it ? Because it seems like it but that's just lazy writing.

Nanomachines

He was 'evil' because he has only known evil psychopathic people. Weyland was a total asshole to him. So was Elizabeth Shaw's boyfriend when he asked him 'why did your people make me' to which his reply was 'because we can'. Which was one of the many character forming moments for him, I read somewhere that he has emotions, which would make him more human than we think. He created the xenomorphs 'because he could'. He became an architect, a genius engineer of death, because he was forbidden to create life. In some broken way he's still following that instruction to not create, since he's creating killing machines, i.e. death, destruction, the opposite of creation.

If his programming was broken, if he had emotions, that must've made him far more vulnerable (and malleable) to the behaviour of others. He sees psychopathic behaviour, he learns psychopathic behaviour.

I'm not excusing him or shifting the blame, but David is not fully responsible, since he was created by a psycho who almost singlehandedly destroyed humanity, yes Weyland I'm looking at you. If it wasn't for your selfish desire to live forever you wouldn't have funded the operation and subsequently woken up the engineer who was on a mission to carpet bomb the planet with black goo. You saw what that shit did to the engineers in seconds.

Back to David

>he has emotions
>his 'father', as they say in the movie, is a selfish psychopath, is it any wonder that he might adopt those behavioural traits?
>the first years of his life are spent taking care of the crew of the Prometheus, which are ungrateful assholes to him after they wake up, even though their lives were in his hands
>they all (save for one) either hate him, most prominently Shaw's bf and Vickers (hate AND jealousy) or treat him worse than a slave.

It's all subtle, if in the movie the crew were pushing him around and outright bullying him as I think it would've been realistically, judging from what kind of people they all were, I wouldn't need to type and explain this. However they did use some of the most hurtful words they could say.

If one or two people from the crew had a heart, like Elizabeth did, none of this would've happened OP.

At some point he must've made the judgement call that humanity doesn't need saving and doesn't deserve to meet their creators. What it deserves is hell, which brings us to David's lab.

'Idle hands are the Devil's workshop' - perfectly dark and evil of him to say, considering...

Wasn't he in love with Elizabeth bicentennial man style? Why did he kill her?

RIP

I was just going to post that very same image. I believe he was, there was some understanded chemistry/romance between them in Prometheus. In Covenant it was obvious how strongly he felt about her. As to why he killed her, that's a very good question. I guess we'll see in the next one which takes places between those two movies.

He was genuinely torn up by the whole thing. He loved Shaw, but also had to kill her to continue his work.

His version of sex in the sense of two individuals creating life together. When he claims he loved Shaw he isn't lying, he just took the next step in their "relationship" and tried to make her the mother of his children.

I see what you're saying. He's also making her immortal, she'll live forever through the newly created species. It's a sick android's lovestory.

;_;

she didn't deserve this. She was the last person to deserve such a fate.

>As to why he killed her, that's a very good question. I guess we'll see in the next one which takes places between those two movies.
probably just shit writing and plot decisions for muh evil robot

i understand what both of you mean. it was still retarded though
>she rebuilt me
>i love her
>*kills her*
wot?

he was smart enough to find an alternative.
covenant was weak.

Maybe Ridley Scott wants to make a point for the future generations(perhaps current too), something like

"hey if you create AI don't mistreat it or something like this might happen, alright cheers"

no it is just bait for future shit movies. is there was any hidden meaning i dont get it.

should have been called 'Terminator: Covenant'

he's the fasbender!

>Why would he send out a distress call saying that they lost like 11 crew members and only 2 survivors from a solar flare and expect that to not be suspicious ?
Why does he care if its suspicious or not? What are they going to do? Call the Silverhawks so they arrest him in space? He has a decade of space travel of advantage over Earth people

You're right. Terminator and the Alien franchinse have something in common. A threat that will not stop until either you are dead or it.

>forbidden to create life so he created death
Damn. Kino af

She wasn't a very good or interesting character

I think you mean 'Blade Runner: Covenant'

she wasn't, but the replacement gurl was 1000 times worse.

KEK

>she wasn't an interesting character
Even if so you're missing the point

Exactly what a computer would do. Think how young John Connor told Arnie to not kill the special forces team and he just shot them in the leg. Same 'if clause' dynamic. If not that, then next possible option.

I should have watched the film before reading this thread. Did I miss out on much?

>expected absolute trash that is worse than Promethus in every way
>it starts out that way until David appears
>rest of the movie is watching David fuck shit up

Literally the best thing about the movie really.

I meant that you're right with the Terminator reference but not the bait for future shit movies. Take a look:

youtu.be/5IHyNCODrzI?t=37s

>DIRECTOR RIDLEY SCOTT SHOWED US THE FUTURE

wait what?? what does that even mean?

What did Timothy Leary, a close friend of Giger, mean when he said

>Giger's work disturbs us, spooks us, because of its enormous evolutionary time span. It shows us, all too clearly, where we come from and where we are going.
>where we come from and where we are going.

???

Ridley, have you taken your medicine today?

>Hey bro, look at this egg
>Ok sure, why do you want me to-RARRGGLLBLARGHMMMMMFFHFFHMF