>American Dad
>Formerly Chuck's Dad

Take your (You) and leave

pretty good, my favorite episode is, "In Country...Club"
>It ain't me starts playing

Pretty funny and actually smart, it's not lazy humor like Family Guy

Ayy lmao

The thinking mans family guy

>Vaaaaaat!?! You dont know the story of the schnauzer und ze eagle?
Based Klaus

It has some truly good episodes and does less pandering than FamG. It's a shame they took most of the episodes off Netflix.
I think it is easier to connect with the characters as they are not simplistic psychos like current family guy.

>Wait, you came back from Jewish camp?

>actually smart
haha yeah, remember that one time Roger was following Haley and Jeff around screaming NYAAHHH the whole time?! it was epic for the win! xD

Like it a lot more than Family Guy because they're forced to develop the plot to set up jokes instead of just relying on shitty flashbacks. Also less filler, political pandering, and stupid fucking musical numbers than Family Guy.

Stan = Peter
Francine > Lois
Steve >>> Chris
Roger >> Stewie
Hayley < Meg

And as far as side characters go, I like the CIA Director Avery Bullock more than Quagmire or Cleveland and the black principal can have a few funny moments here and there. Steve's friends are also more interesting than Chris or Meg's friends.

Roger somehow combines what could be an awful character and makes it amazing.

I don't care I just want a wheels and the legman spinoff

Stan is kinda hit or miss. He's either super conservative and straight talking or extremely retarded and 2wacky4me

You forgot
Brian >>> Klaus

Stewie and Roger are quite tied (until Stewie gets totally flanderized with the gay shit).

What makes family guy is the minor character, as you said. Forget principal Lewis and Avery Bullock (both incredible, Bullock is among my favorites) but even Klaus, who is a side character for all intents and purposes is great. Most family guy one-off characters are eh, most american dad ones are fucking great. Remember the Russian guy who tried to convert Steve to capitalism? Fucking awesome. Even Toshi, Barry and Snot.

"No."

Brian is an annoying piece of garbage. What a pretentious cunt.

Overrated trash

>"Wow, 45 minutes of uninterrupted racism."
>"Well it WOULD have been uninterrupted, if you didn't keep gasping every couple of feet!"
>"Is there anything better than night tennis?"
>"Yeah! A racially-pure Europe!"

Maybe back in the day but they've ruined Brian. He's become a complete douche now, totally unlikable. Klaus is extremely likable, and you can't help but feel bad for him.

Rick and morty before rick and morty

That's his point

They actually made one of the episodes end in a rapture explaining why the characters won't ever age and plots will be resolved all the time.

Equally as unfunny as family guy.

That's always been one of my favourites too
>adagio for strings starts playing while that guy makes Helicoptor sounds driving them away in the golfcart

Fucking kino

You can tell when Seth MacFarlane really took over. Why would Stan, an uber conservative that basically worships Ronald Reagan, think Obama is cool?

Shut up Klaus.

>You can tell when Seth MacFarlane really took over.
The earliest seasons were MacFarlane's heaviest involvement. That's why they're mostly shitty political satire.

A American Dad/Rick and Morty crossover would be pretty cool

This he stepped away as writer early in the first season. After that he remained the executive producer and voice talent.

Primarily because that hack has little to do with the show, bar voicing characters.