Morrison Bat Epic Pt. 5

Previous thread here.
→ →
→ →
→ →
→ →

waiting for OP to deliver

And deliver I shall.

As much as I hate the trope of "genius children", I loved this interaction between Damien and the board members.

I see we've entered the blue hair period of this run

A rich oil sheikh was visiting the White House to discuss the oil trade with political bigwigs. His personal servant was attending to the sheikh's every need, as was customary and expected. The sheikh, never having tasted salted peanuts before, took an instant liking to them, and began munching them like you wouldn't believe. Naturally, the salt made the sheikh thirsty, and he called to his servant to get him some water. His servant left the room and came back with a glass of nice, cold water. Munching some more on the peanuts, the sheikh got thirsty again, and called to his servant to get him another glass of water. The servant immediately complied with his master's wishes, and returned in a jiffy with another glass of water. Really taken by the peanuts, the sheikh virtually stuffed himself on them, and got a healthy thirst to match. He called to his servant to get him some more water, and off the servant went. This time, he came back empty-handed. The servant apologized profusely, and begged his master's forgiveness. Furious, the sheikh yelled and screamed at his servant, 'You son of a flea-infested camel, why can't you bring me my water?!?' 'But Master', begged the servant, 'I cannot bring you your water because a white man sits on the well...'

Two boys were playing football in a Dallas area park when one is attacked by a Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy rips off a plank of the nearby fence, wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dog's neck. A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.

"Cowboys Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," she starts writing in her notebook.

"But I'm not a Cowboys fan," the boy replies.

"Redskins Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack," the reporter starts again.

"I'm not a Redskins fan either," the boy says. "I'm a Cardinals fan."

The reporter writes on a new sheet in her notebook: "Redneck Bastard Kills Family Pet."

>second panel
Well she was on the money there

Good ol Slade. Glad to see he still holds a grudge against former Teen Titans. I'm not 100% on his personal relationship with Dick though.

Why would they build that feature in there?

that's the side effects Science Guy mentioned

Bat-Logo saves the day again. Glad to see that's a recurring theme in Bat media, the emblem is actually the strongest part of the armor so he's hoping they aim for it.

Bat Shock Gloves. More common of an accessory than people realize.

>There's something funny about him
hohohohohohoho

Damn, this is a dick move.And the weirdest part is, I can't see the current Orlando/Seely/King Nightwing doing anything like this which implies one thing. Dick may not have realized it, but he became much more of a hard ass while he was wearing the cowl. An unintended side-effect of having to be Batman. Then again, I could just be reading into things.

I was personally holding out for Bruce Wayne, but this was a pleasant surprise that I enjoyed immensely more.

lost my shit on this page turn

This ark was really cool

This was a fucking great twist.

OP, are you ok?

Did these two have a specific history between them?

Of all the batfam, I think Joker has the least significance to Dick, does he not? The only possible others are Tim and Damian, but I can at least think of some memorable one-on-one moments between them. Bruce, Jason, Babs, Alfred, even that faggot Duke has more reason to hate Joker.

getting shot by the Joker led to Dick becoming Nightwing

Nothing extra special if you don't mind all the attempts on his life during his crime fighting career. The atrocities The Joker has commited that Dick has seen more than anyone but Bruce, etc.

Great callback.