Thoughts on Infinity Train?

Thoughts on Infinity Train?

It has some cool concepts. I liked the humor here and there. However it's very much a product of it's time. The art, and character designs are examples of that. Nothing groundbreaking, but enjoyable

She seems incredibly pale

can she take the knot?

Could probably fill the void of Adventure Time, but I don't see it lasting any more than two seasons. Concept isn't that great, but the pilot had some legitimately funny jokes.

I liked her more...

Liked it a lot. Hope something comes of it.

Rape train fanart where

Surprisngly dark concept. Essentially a girl trapped in a sort of purgatory. Can't last very long like Adventure Time or Steven Universe because the plot is going to have to go forward and it would get stale and honestly depressing watching this girl try to escape an infinite train car for 3 seasons.

Overall a step in the right direction and some great potential. With AT finishing, RS ending soon, Gumball wrapping up, and SU having probably 1 or 2 seasons left before the ending CN is in dire need of new IP.

Meh. Kind of boring.

Really solid pilot I'd like to see more of, and already like more than almost any other CN pilot I've seen, and most of their currently airing shows.

Made me interested, but I'm not sure where it will go from here.

would be better if the protagonist was male

Ever since my first girlfriend pale nerdy redheads are top tier for me, did this show get picked up cause I want to see more of Tulip.

I think it's being shilled too much

I liked the corgi jokes.

it is definitely a concept that would work better as a miniseries

Was the adventure time fanbase this insufferable when the only thing was the pilot? I remember theres was some hype around it.

But looking at you guys I can't help but to loathe you guys because you're going to be bitching about the show should it come out and it doesn't meet your expectations.

Yeah, fuck us for having standards.

you are just butthurt we are not shilling for Jammers

There was like 5 years between the original AT short and when it finally started airing. There wasn't a real fanbase. There was only people posting 100x100 resolution gifs on forums and trying to use the phrase "mathematical" without looking like spaz.

I'd probably would be more upset if you guys were shilling that autistic show.

I talking about when it was announced that it was coming out on CN.

objectively shit, anyone who disagrees with that is a literal, factual cuck.

why did all the latest CN pilots look like poo poo

The new generation grew up on Tarotokovsky, McCraken and Hartman. Yet failed to understand why they're styles worked.

it looks like it could be ok

Takes up too much TTG space

I want to visit Corginia

Good. Not great. It seems a little too generic. It almost comes across as a parody of the trends in recent Cartoon Network cartoons.

i for one welcome our skinny pale ginger overlords.

This.
But I hated liking le whachy 90's reference shitshow.

MC and art style is cute.
Humor was kind of so so.
Premise was very interesting.
Not a fan of anything on CN right now, but that might change if this gets picked up.

We don't have to tolerate female main characters in cartoons anymore. Praise Kek!

I found the quirky lolsorandumb "humor" to be extremely obnoxious. It was like someone took all the worst elements from the Portal games, Invader Zim, Adventure time, and tumblr and smashed them together.

I think I've grown somewhat sick of it and I need new content to rekindle my interest.

Implying any of those calarts hacks were ever good

I enjoyed it desu

However I feel like i'd like pic related a lot more, as long as they make the fat one less of a giant faggot

Could be worse, could be better. At least it's not as openly Tumblr as Infinite Space or whatever it was called.
Otherwise, it's hard to say - it's hard to judge entire idea based on 8 minute pilot, and since these pilots are meant to sell the show to studio instead of being standalone works, they can't properly be judged on their own

"don't have to" is not the same as "shouldn't" tho

if anything, it should just mean we can finally judge stuff based on merit, rather than quotas

not aryan enough

I want to fuck Tulip.

this one does look more like it could work as an ongoing series
Infinity Train seems more like miniseries material

It's a shame that 98% of animated shows being released now use the same boring overused artstyle, there is no experimentation any more no risks everything just seems so bland and safe.

I'm mexican and all the wrong shit triggered me
but I'd ship the characters, they look like me and my bf

The pilot is pretty promising, I'm definitely interested to see where they intend to take it. The whole "They're a character but also a dog" thing is pretty played out but I think they use it well with Atticus. One One from a design standpoint is also nothing new but if they play well off each other instead of being two bumbling idiots on different ends of a spectrum like they are right now, they could be pretty good.

did anyone else think of twewy?
I did

>but I'd ship the characters, they look like me and my bf
Dude, they are cousins.

I feel like the concept could fit a joke heavy, episodic deal pretty well

Hartman I can understand, but it was my understanding that McCraken and Tarotokovsky are pretty much universally loved

yes and?

Spanglish triggers me. I cannot stand it, I guess I could watch the Spanish dub since they usually get rid of the accents.

mediocre. writers hitting too hard the whole "when I was 12 I had this idea for a show" mentality, and it leats to lots of aimless clichés and anime reference cause gibli made them feel so deep.

>Surprisngly dark concept. Essentially a girl trapped in a sort of purgatory

But garden wall was Purgatory, why is it always Purgatory. Theres nothing fun or cool about the idea of it being purgatory anymore. It's like all these fucking "theory" things like Ed Edd and Eddy is Purgatory, or Pokemon is Purgatory. Fuck Purgatory

Also where did "dark = Mature = good writing" come from?

wtf is up with cartoons these days and red heads

by adding a bit pf darkness, there are new aspects of a world you can explore, but when a dark thing is successful people rush to add it in, without considering anything else, so you get 2d copy with none of the depth it was supposed to have

its a bit like spice, just bit to make its flavor pop out, but its easy to overdo it

Red is a good colour to drive attention. Red hair would drive attention to character without being unnatural.

Kill yourself fag. Maybe get AIDs.

Yeah I guess that's fair, but that's a bit of an absolution though. I mean a threat or danger is enough to add depth.

When I mean dark I mean this new contrived concept of dark where things need to be edgey and ooo ahh different - if you what i mean.

American kids with christian education. "it was all a dream" is childish but "they were in the coma and nearly dead" which is the same suddenly sound mature and deep.

The main character is lame and whiney and needs a serious rewrite, the art design is decent but still needs a bit of polish, everything else seems promising.

>from the producers who saw Spirited away

Nah man, this is technological and stuff. The producers clearly saw Ghost in a Shell.

That's my fetish.

>But garden wall was Purgatory
No, OTGW is clearly Dante's inferno, which took place in hell.

I was on an animation course in the UK and every fucking year atleast five or six people would make a film which was basically "they're in a coma lol".

>He doesn't know every red haired female character is a reference to lauren Faust.

actually its purgatorio, where dantes guide is girl named beatrice

I thought it had some good bits and some juvenile bits, which is probably a good balance for a kid's show to have. If it gets picked up I'd watch it

You seem to be lost, this isn't Sup Forums. Go back to your containment chamber.

>Dude, they are cousins.
...and?

Okay, why is this pilot getting so popular? Is it really all because the MC is a girl?

Why can't they make all the pilots who don't get a series into miniseries?

user, you don't get it. The world is Sup Forums now.

That's my problem with the main character, I hate labeling anything with "tumblr", but she is SO tumblr.

Boyish clothes, whiney cynical attitude, booksmart, glasses, white teen girl, and part of a plot that seems too heavily inspired by Gravity Falls.

It'll definitely be successful at first, but if they want to keep the ratings then they better make sure that the main character isn't insufferable.

>Okay, why is this pilot getting so popular? Is it really all because the MC is a girl?
No, it's because people liked it. I personally liked it's concept and I thought some jokes were funny.

The girl is cute, but the hole in her ponytail triggers me.

Well I liked the Mexican one. Where are my threads?

>Oh my Taco

Other than the stereotypes, it seems promising.

yoga pants

>animation course in the UK
well that doesn't sound like a good choice of career there.

Its literally latin gravity falls.

Yes

For some reason we're getting a lot of gingers from CN pilots.

I'm completely okay with this.

Red-headed female lead goes way back to Hanna-Barbera at least. Daphne, Mrs. Flitstone etc. It's quite a trend, especially among those who rose to prominense for some reason.

They really should improve on the jokes. It feels like AT 2.0 when it comes to "humor". They should make the MC more interesting, she was really dull. Overal it was OK. I see it more as a mini-series instead of a full series.

I actually think Tulip is pretty interesting, although I'm not sure what direction her character would take in the future.

Seems more like a mini-series than a series. The mystery only really works if it has a finite length and actual clues.

They are finally catering to my penis

More lolsorandum waifushit.
Would have been innovative a decade ago but now its purely to-formula.

It's very good, but I wonder if the show does get picked up if Tulip and the robot/s can carry the show as the only main characters.

I hope gets greenlighted.

Too good, CN will dismiss it like You have to make your pilot a flawed mess for CN to take it on as a full series.

side characters are annoying and useless
MC is kind of a bitch and the plot barely has reason for her to be so
she didn't learn a lesson in the end to lighten up
her attitude doesn't help her out
she doesn't even get punished for her attitude
and none of the characters acknowledged her attitude
they're just trying to make her snarky but it doesn't come off as likable and she has no one good to play off
and the corgi wasn't really entertaining at all, just their for exposition and to do "cute" dog things

I like it.

I think it would be good as a mystery miniseries.