Paranatural

>a real you scratch my back, i ride yours and maybe even scratch it a bit because i'm wearing cleats for extra grip situation

>We're going to another scene next time, one I'm very excited for! There's a lot to look forward to coming up in this chapter and onward, so I hope you will keep checking back. I'll be doing my best to make Paranatural a bright little moment in your week. Thank you very, very much for reading and for sharing your time with me!

Remember when this comic had backgrounds

I know how this will go.

>We're going to another scene next time, one I'm very excited for!

JUST

LEARN HOW TO WRITE A STORY, HACK.

Also, Colin? Gay?

Welp. Colin confirmed for cock worshipping.

Is it me or is this page VERY Calarts all of a sudden?

Sausage limbs and bean shaped faces.

Faster, easier to draw. Right now it feels Hack thinks only in terms of deadlines.
God damn, I miss those colors and that composition.

>tfw Hack is going Kubo levels of laziness

Jesus Christ, this chapter is a rambling piece of shit.

2 years in, and we're still not in the second act of Hijack's plan.

Hitball was one thing, but at least there was some tension and Hijack was actually involved; he's been out of focus so long that he's no longer threatening.

This chapter is going on two years now

>We're going to another scene next time

Well at least Cody finally dropped the hidden darkness persona.

Colin gained 30 pounds since dodgeball. Look at those ankles.

Way to do the asking around for who wanted to talk after you sold yourself into slavery Max.

So next scene will be what Isabel and Spender? We left them just as they found something important. Though Isaac is alone in the woods stalking someone, and Zack has shown he'll do an arc on less important characters. So who knows anymore.

Darkhorse bet on him going full retard and trying to cross the Zarei and Hijack streams.

My God, imagine what a clusterfuck the inevitable battle is going to be

Damn.

>More pages were spent on the fucking lesbian date than this
W H Y

not this shit again

>tfw Paranatural was one of my favorite webcomics
>tfw Hack Morrison killed his art style, forgot how to pace a story, and only draws wacky faces
I think it's about time I dropped this comic from my list. Congrats, Hack. You wanted to make your comic unpalatable to Sup Forums and you succeeded.

Why would you leave this story so fast? Do you hate your readers?

I'll still read to see where it goes.

At least I have Unsounded and It Hurts.

Z/hack reportedly wanted to make his story so Sup Forums would hate it. Which begs the question: does everybody in the world but Sup Forums like stories that consist in hopping from one Kamek to another with some flashes of actual plot in between?

He said he wanted Sup Forums to hate it, but the only board that gave the slightest fuck about his comic was Sup Forums. He heard Sup Forums and thought Sup Forums. He's a fucking idiot.

Wow entitled much? There's one and a half entire panels full of something resembling background on this page alone!

>He heard Sup Forums and thought Sup Forums. He's a fucking idiot.
To be fair, 95% of all normies think that way.

The other 5% hear Sup Forums and think Sup Forums.

No, he actually went to Sup Forums and got trolled

90% chance Zack will just use this as a chance to expose how gay Cody really is.

>yfw you realize Cody is going to be Martin from QC when he grows up

Who's the chick that looks like a dude?

>More pages were spent on the fucking lesbian date than this
To be honest what actually happened in "this"? We had the rules of the school store explained to us, we'll probably never come back here. Suzy's investigation went nowhere even though he got bugged way back in January and it being constantly brought up since then. We still don't know if Cody is the real person who sent the note yet, he could just be fishing for Max's dick (which seems unfair to Colin but whatever he has Pac-man eyes).

Collin.

Look at the character Cody's sitting with and adjust that percentage upwards accordingly.

Nah, he was fine with the trolling. The change in quality is a different matter though.

Haven't been to one of these threads for a long time, does Zack still hate us?

>Colin is homo too

Zack seems like a nice guy. I can't hate him.

But did he really say that his goal was to make Sup Forums not like the comic? And was that before or after he browsed the threads?

It just seems kind of weird for him to be aware that there's a lot of people here who enjoyed the comic, and then for him to say that he doesn't want people from Sup Forums to like it.

I decided to brave /r/paranatural, and to answer your question, no. They seem to be either neutral or mildly annoyed that nothing is happening. Nobody seems to be outright enjoying it except shippers, who as we all know have no standards whatsoever.
I'm not even going to try to find out what the tumblr fanbase thinks because I'd probably end up blowing my fucking brains out.

oh tumblr loves it, no surprises there

That's a good point, the entirety of suzy's plot since she took the picture of him bus jumping has been played for laughs. Zack just deleted part of his story for a dumb joke, and I'm sure he's not even going to do anything significant at the school store.

He came to the thread before he joined his current social group, he didn't even know what Sup Forums was and now he has been convinced we're the internet bogeyman.

Enjoyed this originally. I lost interest during the ghost train part, was taking far too many pages of words words words to get anywhere.

Might get back into it.

I couldn't resist.

This artstyle is fucking atrocious.

I remember when I started reading back when Max and Isaac were having adventures with Doorman and Isaac first revealed his power and the art was gorgeous. Back when he only updating once a week every Thursday.

This is like a calarts tumblr nightmare. Why the fuck did he think he could handle updating twice a week with that level of quality on his own?

I was perfectly fine with one page a week, Two pages a week ruined the art and the pacing. It's a fucking tragedy.

nice

>This is like a calarts tumblr nightmare
I bet.

I pray to god it's not more of the lesbian date, he can't be that much of a hack, right?

I remember when Cody didn't use to have monkey ears.

Bump

Max doesn't even look like Max in these panels.

Well he's excited for it so it has to include either PoC characters or women. My money is on a new thread somehow involving Dmitri and his cool friends.

>We're going to another scene next time, one I'm very excited for!
>There's a lot to look forward to coming up in this chapter
>Page 159
>Chapter 4 was supposed to be the longest

Zack has brain cancer and is a hack

You know, I kinda thought that Isaac would eventually be shown with that kind of shirt, because symbolism:
>blue spectral colour
>raglan sleeves, to emphasize the arms - the outlet of his weather powers

It's just like that "Max & Isaac" wallpaper where both characters in question wear matching blue-black outfits.

Seeing Dmitri wouldn't be too bad, I guess, but I wish he hadn't spent so much time on that date as compared to this with Max

The main appeal he seems to be going for is the cooky reactions and dialogue, anyway. Any slight increase in art quality might destroy his awful wrists and probably increase the number of hiatuses.

If any drawfag can read this.. We need pic related, but with Lisa holding the same blackmail plans and Suzy angry in the background

He said it because Sup Forums was going fucking bonkers over him including a minority character. They accused him of blacking up the webcomic and gaying up the webcomic, and threatened to stop reading and called him a hack the way that Sup Forums does. Honestly his tantrum is understandable given the totally unnecessary shit he was given. We drove him to be our enemy.

It's amazing how we're still looking at the same character. Old cody and new cody are just too different

Wrong. He said that back when we were still praising him for being tactful with his inclusionism with actual characters like Isabel and pre-spazz zarei unlike every other back webcomic. Apparently someone then convinced him that we were holding him up as some great white savior of purity then he made those tweets. If I recall this was right before Agent Day was introduced as well.

I told you guys hitball was good. It was *actual* plot and a confrontation with the villain.
But no, you had to claim it was "Namek" somehow. You literally cannot see the forest for the trees.
Now we're in plot inertia. I hope you're happy. I'm not saying it's your fault, but it's "wachy kids antics", isn't it?

Wait, this is STILL the Hijack arc? I had honestly forgot about him.

Hitball was awful, this being just as bad doesn't change that.

No. There's no "calarts" style and this certainly isn't it.

At least it's going to be Isaac following the teacher

>anonanim

neat. he still on pixiv?

A funny comparison but they're really nothing alike.

My drawing skills are unmatched.

Everybody's always had monkey ears.

It's really just a shirt. I doubt anybody thought about it that much. He may wear one. Who knows.

Why does he have skittles on his chest?

what do you think his eyes are like?

heterochromia; one blue, one green

That's not even remotely true.

l-lewd

Oh no it's the mary sue dragonball homosexual again, I sure love that character.

>Cody
Where were you when best boy came back?

There's two kinds of people.

codyfags and those who are wrong

Cody died once Hitball started.

This.

I've never read that far desu

>your dick will never be a commodity

Close enough

literally just like Zack

this new style is cleaner too but I know as an artist cutting corners is the best.

Now that it's not two nobodies talking and it's Max and characters who are actually funny I'm amused.

It is only once we have reached great heights that we realise what it is to fall. The lesson I can take from Paranatural is to never be successful at anything, ever, because you will only disappoint everybody from then onwards.

In all seriousness, I still kinda like the comic, but it's really making it hard to do so. Pages and pages spent on side-characters who don't really seem relevant to the current plot and don't do anything particularly interesting to make up for it beside being blatant shipper bait (As though that particular audience even needs bait, right?), constant scene shifting that makes it feel like the perspective has ADD, the art style slowly devolving into whacky faces against blank colour gradient backgrounds.

I still enjoy the dry humour, I guess? And the side-characters are still well written when they aren't trying to be main characters.

I think Zack could be fixed if he started hanging around some cool, talented people. Zack seems very impressionable. You introduce him to a certain anime, suddenly everything starts looking like that anime. He gets buddy-buddy with certain artists, his style of art and writing starts shifting to theirs. He starts making kissy face with one artist in particular and it's almost completely unrecognizable. He's like a weak-willed sponge absorbing the closest thing to him, because it never happens in reverse. So we need to hook Zack up with some cool, talented artists who can write adequately and aren't obsessed with anime.

So you're proposing we introduce him to some loli/shota artist.. but who?

But we've just had four chapters dedicated to a side character. It's about time to shift the focus back to the main plot and return to Zarei's date.

all of them

overload him so he abandons unnecessary things like "plot" and "characterization"

I fucking hate this comic. Every single character acts like a spastic retard.

I thought nothing could be worse than hitball. I was wrong. Boy, I was wrong.

mybe it's johnny

Hitball was fun as long as you didn't try to take it seriously. It was intentionally tongue-in-cheek.

It would have been a fun three page diversion. Instead it was garbage. I mean, there's making fun of shonen pacing by making a [3 hours later] joke but when you try to make fun of it by actually making a barely consequential arc last ages you just end up with the same flaws