How did South Park become so unfunny?

How did South Park become so unfunny?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2016/11/10/501610933/lgbt-rights-activists-fear-trump-will-undo-protections-created-under-obama
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/03/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-donald-trump-wants-undo-marri/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJcmCME_jG8
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holier–than–thou
youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZQED7bLhw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not very gentlemanly of you Bill.

They lost touch with the fedora crowd, and they can't touch their own faults. All that is left is some inverse PC joke -culture.

I pretty sure trump being elected fucked up there plans on their season. They probably didn't expect it and didn't put a whole lot of effort on the B episode.

They were caught completely off guard and had to scrape something together from their echo chamber that told them there was no way the Hilary winning episode they made instead would not be the one they used.

Basically they're just very out of touch.

But would the Gentleman Club thing have been funny if Hilary won?

They're the new Simpsons.

OH, boy...I can't wait to get SJW'd from the right, and the left.

I guess the truth.....is somewhere in the middle

It was alright.

>we've learned that a woman can be anything. Except president.

that's what happens when you kick everyone out that thinks differently and create an echo chamber of your own beliefs
people who boast about being diverse have some pretty bad group think retardation

Maybe you're just an unfunny douche OP?
I laughed prrtty heartily at all of Bill and Bill's scenes. Shit was hilarious.
I bet your sophisticated humor only self didn't even laugh at the rick roll or picle pressin

this year we have learned many things
women can make shitty comedies in a vain attempt to get back at the patriarchy and fucking flop hard enough to nearly make sony go belly up
we also found out that women can lose in presidential campaigns too

isn't it a great day for progress

By spreading a single episode's worth of jokes over 7 (or more) episodes. Not to mention their intensely, distractingly blatant bias.

A couple Bill and Bill scenes were kind of funny, but that was mostly just from the introduction after that it became dull. And that scene with Bill trying to drum up his shitty failure of a wife Turd Sandwhich as this grand super genius schemer was retarded. You cant try to pull that off when in the same episode she was meeting under a bridge with someone whining about how the election was "stolen" from her.

I'm guessing they planned to go with something along those lines from the start but now have to try it out anyway. Problem is the effect is completely lost now.

>become
>implying it was ever funny in the first place

>SOUTH PARK INSULTED TRUMP
>THEY ARE SJW KEK NUMALES
Too obvious m8
South Park is anything but an echo chamber. They are pretty varied in who they make fun of and they always have been.
And they're no more out of touch than every major news outlet in America.

There are more people who voted for her simply because she was a woman than people who voted against her simply because she was a woman.

they are on comedy central the whole reason people keep saying how trump is anti LGBTQRSTUV when he has absolutely no record of saying anything related to that

Please be more mad. I want to see if it's possible.

And they were definitely digging more into Trump than Hilary this season. Not even a fucking Trump supporter but you wouldnt need to be one to see that.

What'd they say about her? That she's a Turd Sandwhich? Or reads off a Prompter too much? Oh damn that's definitely comparable to all the shit they said about Trump. If you watched the season 19 commentary you'd know that they didnt like Trump and in fact did not want him to win.

I voted for her because I wanted off the meme train. I guess I'll have to wait 4 more years.

>moderates have always been the most hated people by every group in history on all sides of any conflict

the one thing virtually everyone can agree on is that moderates are fucking cancer. kill yourself, you spineless faggot.

>My standards are, they need to make fun of Hilary more, or equal to my canidate.

>YOU'RE THE ONE WHO's MAD!

Nobody's talking about Trump.

The "jokes" were just bad. Other than the Bill Clinton dance number, what was there? It was nothing but celebrities doing things celebrities shouldn', strung together by a half assed plot. This was zombie Simpson's levels of unfunny, and the rest of the season has been just as bad.

Go back to things like Rainforest Shmainforest or Child Abduction Is Not Funny. They had plots and still focused on being funny. These giant season long attempts at topical story arcs are just fucking tedious.

The show just needs to die at this point.

>And they're no more out of touch than every major news outlet in America.
So ridiculously out of touch? Cool, kay thanks.

Moderates are only cancer when they can't back up their beliefs, which happens to be a large portion of them. The worst ones are the guys who try signalling how smart and educated they are about politics by saying "both suck we're screwed who cares." There are moderates who aren't cancer though.

the season went to shit with this episode. only laughted at Gerald dropping the truth bomb at kyle.

Well, i'm not using greentext strawmen, so yeah.

not true.

I just think they didn't expected trump to win. thats why the episode went to shit.

is it another

>they made fun of me so it's not funny

episode

Godamn it, no one wants to be in your war. Sup Forums or tumblr.

Season 18 and 19 were way better than this one though. The problem is they stopped trying to be funny and tried to make a completely continuous plot. Only they're pulling it off shoddily and it reads more like one super long episode, complete with the same jokes.

Right? The only thing the LGBT community would even have to fear Trump would be if he keeled over or ironically impeached and Pence became the president. He's made it very clear he gives no shits about stepping in the way gay marriage or transgender rights.

I think it's more like

>They put all their eggs in one basket and tripped now have to make a whole new one in less than a day

I hate memberberries so much

Its such a stupid plotdevice and such a fucking forced meme. And I hate the fucking Nostalgiatrip Cinema is on right now too, yes. But fuck, now if you just say "Well, I liked Southpark better when they did maximum three episodes with connected plot and otherwise had one off episodes" on any Southparkdiscussionplace you get "HURR I MEMBER I MBER HURR"

Fuck the Turd Sandvich and giant Douche Episode parodied this election way better, and did it in one episode, not a whole fucking season with only 5 jokes stretched over the entire season and repeated ad nauseum.

I've heard claims that he'll try and repel some same sex laws but saw no link or video. No one tried to disprove the claim either though.

Either way i've seen more visible examples of his pro-gay stance so until then he's still the one you want to support over Pence.

Meme train: Has no brakes motherfucke-

> The meme train derailed

> user perished in the ensuing crash

I member too.

Member when Southpark was good?

Season 19 pulled it off so much better. There were overarching plot lines but each episode tackled a very different subject matter that still tied into the overall plot. Each one was good or great and packed with great jokes.

'member a time before this election?

Who did they make fun of this season? The Danish?

They don't even have fucking jokes!

It's just another zombie comedy show like the Simpsons and Family Guy (supposedly at its end) that ran out of ideas but still loves milking money.

But I can't say there is any promising replacements besides the occasional Adult Swim thing.

>Don't have the will to actually pit Trump against Hillary, instead tossing in a proxy character and a one-off Canadian Caricature.
>All but declare their show as seperate from reality, then put a half dozen consecutive episodes reliant on real world events.
>The introduction of PCP, a hyper competant (by SP standards) adult who is also a permanent town resident, something that would be shark hopping if it was done in earlier seasons.
>Undercut a "Butters tells off Cartman" scene by not having Cartman be actively antagonistic in over a dozen episodes.
>Literally dehumanize Garrison!Trump and his supporters via an overstretched, forced meme in order to serve a season long arc that would have been 2-3 episodes in season

No, they got comfortable.
They've been big for so long that they didn't think they could fuck up.

In all honesty, I'd have loved to see their reaction because of how humbling it'd be.

For the first time ever, they've misread the political climate so bad that it bit them.

Hopefully, this means the episodes will get better next season.

Family Guy is the fedora show though.

'member when OP wasn't such a fag?

>OP
>Not being a Fag.
>On Sup Forums

Since fucking when? The extremes of either side are always more hated, you fucknut. Go back to Sup Forums or tumblr, i can't tell which you are anymore cause you guys are 2 sides of the same coin.

they gambled several episodes on the election and now it's just a hot mess because they predicted everything wrong.

I don't think that South Park is losing it's way, but I agree that this episode sort of meandered around the issue. Compare with the post-election episode in 2008, which spoke about it's election front and center.

Of course, also absent from that episode was its inclusion in a season-long story arc, so this episode seemed more concerned with continuing the trolling storyline than with the actual election. Although to be fair, I feel like South Park already more than adequately addressed the issues behind Trump's popularity during the primaries, so it wasn't like they were exactly out of touch.

I agree that this episode is weaker, though, mostly because it devotes itself to pushing plot-arcs forward more than anything else.

Only an SJW nigger, whether left or right, would be this triggered by moderates.

Eat my shit.

What is this episode like in the Berenstein universe?

In this timeline we have no use for liberal propaganda.

Garrison is Trump because Garrison killed Trump last season, you fucking goon

4 fucking seconds.

LGBT aren't worried about Trump. They're worried about Pence. But of course the media isn't covering all his insane shit.

I honestly feel like they want to make another Idiocracy, but don't actually care enough to make a movie. They keep basing every season around half-assed ideas about society so they can push memes (like "Remembering things is dumb!" or "Ads are bad and also SJWs are related somehow?") without having to bother with comedy.

It's just so unfunny now.

Rather certain that was just a proxy.
Wasn't he in season 5?

I hope Garrison stays as president for the entirety of Trump's term(s) while still being a recurring character.

>claims SP is unfunny
>while posting the best joke this season

Bill n' Bill's Gentlemans Club had me rolling

Fucking this. They built everything up about how culture is hitting this extreme about men and women fighting each other, but with Trump winning it shatters everything. Showing that the more things change the more they stay the same. Also it makes the Poland plot worthless because it was building up on Hillary and her emails which is now pointless because she isn't in a position where they care about her anymore.
Also the meber berries would work for a single episode not this drawn out body snatcher shit going on.

all of the plots in the episode seemed great except for the memberberries plot

the bill and bill were hilarious

>LGBT aren't worried about Trump.
npr.org/2016/11/10/501610933/lgbt-rights-activists-fear-trump-will-undo-protections-created-under-obama

>had me rolling

Did it? Did it really? Can you explain the comedy?

It's just Bill Clinton doing a dance. That isn't a joke. It's not even a gag.

So everyone claiming that they had no idea Trump could possibly win: what was the Hillary story actually going to be? Because the way they set up Jenner in the previous episode makes it seem like they WERE banking on Trump winning

They weren't, Parker said they had to chop up about half the episode and rework it to fit.
I wager body snatchers wasn't plan because the parts with Garrison and Randy felt so forced.

Being scared does not mean you have a legitimate reason for being scared. Trump actually had a lot of LGBT support for a Republican. Trump has been socially liberal for a while now and recently flipped to get the evangelical vote and even then didn't care about gay marriage or transgenders which was risky during the primaries.

I personally think that private businesses or groups should be able to decline service to anyone for any reason though

>what was the Hillary story actually going to be?
We still got most of that, she sent the trolls off to be captured to hide her emails., Bills speech to butters was likely going to be a bit on how now that a woman is in power we are all going to suffer. It just all seems really disjointed and forced now.

>They were betting on a Hillary victory so much that they had several storylines planned out for it

Jesusdick, they really dropped the ball this season

>That isn't a joke.
it's two celebrity level fame accused rapists giving lectures on being a proper gentleman

here you go, champ
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/03/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-donald-trump-wants-undo-marri/

Kanye 2020

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJcmCME_jG8

I agree with you but I'm a big believer in all freedom or not at all
That said it's pointless as fuck people would learn ways around the system

Sounds exactly like something straight outta Family Guy

This.
They pulled the "Cosby is creepy" joke about a year too late.
Honestly, the body snatcher scenes might have worked if trump had lost if you changed the dialogue a bit.
A shame though, I was looking forward for a Sixth Sense parody featuring Kenny and his sister, complete with the "I see dead people" line said by one of them.

Jesus Christ, last season all the sjws got all butthurt but this season it's all the republicans, you obnoxious little shits, they are mocking both of them.
>but they have to make fun of them equally otherwise It's unfair!
No, they don't, that's not how things have ever worked, how fucking young are you little retards, is this the first time you have ever been political? It happens every fucking election season, that the presidents and those running for president are ripe for mockery.
This time is no different.
What the fuck are you thin-skinned faggots even doing on Sup Forums, go back to Redit and be offended over there, how the fuck do you even get offended on someone's else's behalf?
Now Sup Forums is full of butthurt tumblr and reddif/pol/ faggots that only come to South Park threads to be offended and complain about the show instead of talking about the episode.
It was obviously a rushed episode and didn't have time to write it properly and therefore just repeated themselves.

That was Canadian Trump. American Trump is still alive and well in the SP universe.

Forcing devout religious people to provide services for weddings they disagree with on theological grounds isn't freedom and in the case of gay marriage it's literally oppression of the majority for the sake of a small minority

Also pro-gay cake bakers would be glad to monopolize the gay marriage industry, since gays get divorced and remarried rapidly apparently

He had at least several occasions declaring support and protection for the LGBT community. Though that might have also coincided with the fear of radical islam, but hey that's still nice.

I love this strawman

It's seemed like an A scenario to me. All the plot lines developed logically (according to the South Park logic, at least).

It's what happens when you ride on hubris. It's also what happens when you just assume you can beat the competition on groundless reasons.
Really the 2016 elections are the Tortoise and the hair tale.
Moral of the story, never understatement an opponent.

They had a "cosby is creepy" joke back in their 2014 thanksgiving/christmas end of season 3 part special when they had hologram tupac team up with hologram mr. jefferson/michael jackson to take down "the man"

So they've made cosby is creepy jokes multiple times in the past 2 years, only this time they incorporated bill clinton into it

>That said it's pointless as fuck people would learn ways around the system
What do you mean by that?

Newsweek actually made both versions unlike South Park

>Everyone is being retarded and irrational except me
Fuck off neutral.

>It was obviously a rushed episode and didn't have time to write it properly and therefore just repeated themselves.
you think we don't know this?
why do you think everyone in this thread is so ornery , you melon

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holier–than–thou

None of this bothers me except THEY DEFANGED CARTMAN. He like their mascot and he doenst have any more crazy anatics? What the fuck do you watch for now? Its definely isnt the the plot.

Why does he have to be a sociopath at all times? Why can't he just be an asshole?
Sometimes things just get dull over time, user.

That's not what happened. Less people wanted Trump to be President than they did Romney. Just even less wanted Hillary. All the black voters and everyone who bothered to show up the last 2 elections didn't.

Stop pretending there was some massive outpour and revolution when Trump lost to the guy who lost last year in terms of votes. Nobody wanted to vote for either of them, voter apathy, laziness and a failure to present a good candidate are the reason it happened.

I hate how Stan is marching on that little celebratory cup they display for the 20th season and he doesnt fucking do anything this whole god damn season besides being a flip flopping faggot whipping his dick out in protest one second and begging Wendy back the next.

The more i look at this season as a whole the shittier and shittier it becomes.

>I know he's right so I'll tell him to fuck off! Go safe space! :^)

Oh you know they're just setting him up with Heidi just to break them up in the end and make him go rotten again , reverting back to his normal self

It's a textbook FP/Finn scenario, :it's not gonna last forever, and it's gonna be cliched as hell to the very end

Thank you.

swing and a miss

Did you miss what made him this way?
He suffered a 3rd degree concussion and was in a coma
youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZQED7bLhw

Cartman is literally trying to move to mars with his girlfriend out of getting out of not having his internet history being seen by her. Particularly on the new Ghostbusters movie.

What's weird though is that it could have been that Heidi didn't like the new Ghostbusters either. But, since it seems like she likes that Cartman thinks that all women are funny including herself that this wouldn't be possible.