How would you rate this movie?

How would you rate this movie?

Nein

I'd give it a 9 out of 18

6 out of 9

I'd give it an edgy 4 out of 10.

disappoint/10

I first saw this in the theater. Dope as fuck. Reminded me of an oldschool videogame called Oddworld.

Coheed/Cambria

I thought it was older than 2009.
That is almost exactly eight years ago, but still.

The visuals are unique yet digestible - a hard thing to find in today's oceans of vapid talking emoticons.
And the solid, heavy mystery surrounding the plot, with a sincere air of melancholy, is also a rarity among animated flicks, though the latter aspect is predictable from a Burton opus.

However - and this may partly be a flaw in the design of the characters; they lack those big stupid eyeballs and wide-open mouths of 'Tangled' and 'Moana' - the film fails to deliver enough range in pathos.
The ultimate triumph of the sack dolls over the machine at the end lacks catharsis. The melancholy, dreary atmosphere is consistent in a good way, but never drops to a memorable emotional depth.

It's fun to explore the environment and it's history - there's a drama to the loss of humanity and the memory of our professor's studies, searching for the source of life.

Help me. Why was it so boring, guys? I feel like it has everything.

I see your joke OP

Nice bait thread but you can't fool me

>visionary director

Is this ever NOT a red flag?

>visionary director

Srsly, looks like an art school grad project.
I always thought it was DIRECTED by Tim Burton, I guess that explains why nobody remembers this.

The short was better.

>Srsly, looks like an art school grad project.

Exactly my thoughts. The "dark" atmosphere felt too try hard and forced.

I loved that game, it got pretty brutal at times

It has godawful pacing, maybe the worst i've ever seen. Its an interesting setting so it was watchable but yeah, if you pay attention to its pacing you will realize how terrible it was

the number that comes after 9 on the keyboard

Yea, I was 13 when it came out and it seemed to consist of everything I was into at the time but it was so damn boring. That's all I remember from it because I haven't watched it since

how can it be good the main character is just a sack with plastic eyes

5.9/10?
kind of stupid but aesthetic

7/10. Good animation, music and action scenes.

It's funny how people give this movie shit for not having much of a story, while My Neighbor Totoro gets all the praise in the world.