Ian Flynn just confirmed he's a writer for the Sonic Boom TV show now

>Ian Flynn just confirmed he's a writer for the Sonic Boom TV show now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P2lWggfHk5I?t=1m26s
prnewswire.com/news-releases/season-two-of-segas-animated-tv-series-sonic-boom-premieres-on-boomerang-this-november-300360653.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjexNoJ3WGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

See, I'd be happy about that, but your choice of image just makes me sad that we won't get Team Dark in Boom.

I don't understand how most of the cast got redesigned, but Shadow stayed the same.

I don't even watch the show or play Sonic, all I did was watch Game Grump's gameplay for Boom and 06, is this show good for non-fans?

>but Shadow stayed the same
He was given broad shoulders and was elongated just as much as Sonic was, his gloves are also different. All he's missing is the sports tape and one more accessory (ie Sonic's scarf, Tails's goggles).

He looks less like normal Shadow than Boom Tails does normal Tails.

Also
>Watching Game Grumps

I'm not actually subbed to them anyway, not eversince Jon left them at least. I saw that they were making a Boom letsplay and decided to watch it, seeing the hilariously bad glitches and if they'll ever mention Jon.

Yeah, it's decent for non fans.

>season 2 premiers
>immediate hiatus after the 1st episode
CN must be really salty.

I'm glad all your expectations were matched, user :3

They do occasionally.
youtu.be/P2lWggfHk5I?t=1m26s

Does that mean the episode are going to be shit now?

>Ian Flynn
i dont know.I like the show better as a silly over the top comedy, with ocasional moments of making fun at the franchise.I dont want a serious storyline.

I'm sure the show has a dedicated bible already and that Flynn will respect it

There's more new than just that.
prnewswire.com/news-releases/season-two-of-segas-animated-tv-series-sonic-boom-premieres-on-boomerang-this-november-300360653.html

You just might get to see them, user.

Apparently it's a "preview." New episodes will air in Boomerang but at a 6 PM slot. CN will air reruns.

I just want more Sticks.

>Mistreat a new show because you don't 100% own it.
>It does well.
>Instead of taking it out of the death slot you shove it on the rerun station.

How petty do you have to be?

because Shadow was put into the Boom wiiu game very late in order to grab more fans. And then his look from that got polished for the show.

Also the show is the easiest thing to jump into. It doesn't even reference the Boom games.

You haven't read much Flynn then. He wrote for half of the Boom comic and some of his best work to this day are the goofy Eggman-centric stories in the Sonic X comic.

I watch for Barry and Ninja Brian. As unlike Ross Ninja Brian is a lovable asshole and not just a sociopath.

They're LPs are great. Very Pinky and the Brain.

I, too, want more qt autistic badger

His issues of Boom comics was really shitty. Issues from show staff was much better.

Actually, episode 2 will be airing on Boomerang on the 19th, but it will also be airing on CN on Dec. 3rd.

>"He's only the 2nd most popular character in the whole canon!"

Okay so, if Shadow is 2nd, who's the 1st most popular?

Because it sure as hell isn't Sonic himself.

its sonic

Eggman

What is it with Sonicfags and foot fetishes?

It is

I have to admit, his Boom issues weren't as good as others. He tried too hard to make them meta and did way too many callbacks, the man's comedy always had a problem with too many references.

How much more likely does this mean we might get Ian Flynn writing the games?

It is, though. That's the joke. Boom!Eggman represents the autistic Sanic fans who only obsess over the hedgehog characters - it manifests in his obsessive hatred of Sonic, his fanboyish worship of Shadow, and even his occasionally-mentioned crush on Amy.

Didn't you know? Sonicfags are basically into every fetish
You can find EVERY FETISH in the Sonic fandom

Like, ten percent maybe? They probably won't care much that he did Sonic Boom specifically, but having experience writing for TV is much more impressive than writing for comics.

>Rogue shows up in Boom
>Her tits are tapped

Oh, so he's the same unless you're autistic.

I think it's because his games, at the most basic point, is about running. Therefore, people will focus on feet because of it. The only problem is when one artist makes a foot-art, it'll capture the attention of other foot fetishists, who would make more foot-art, making a cycle.

Honestly Sup Forums has taught me that awful foot fetishists exist for anything remotely popular, Sonic's not special in that regard.

You aren't very nice

but those trips are

I noticed two things in the first season 2 episode

First, there's lighting maps being used on the character textures now, you can see the furry texture on them now. It looks weird in spots though, like on Knuckles' eyelids.

Secondly, the animation is a bit better. It's not so stilted anymore, the movements seem more elastic and lively.

I'm not saying that the foot sensation for sonic was unique, I'm just trying to give logical reasoning for it.

I'd ask 'so is Boom going to be good now?' except Ian wrote the Sonic Boom comic and i was extremely underwhelmed with that.

i really like this show but its awkward how there's rarely music in the background

I love her design but i hate her character

She's pure distilled lelsorandumbecksdee.

While the Boom universe accentuates a character's most notable characteristic and abilities, Rouge's biggest focus is actually her legs and kicks, so she would be redesigned with that in mind.

Has this same artist done other designgs?

That design is so terrible outside of its fetishism, it doesn't really focus on her legs at all. It's all hips to the detriment of everything else.

Even though I'm the user that posted that design, I must agree. I mostly posted it as an example, but it focuses too much on the hips over the legs. I can't find a better design, but it's definitely better than the oversized chest people seem to think it would be.

>and even his occasionally-mentioned crush on Amy.
doesn't seem like a crush, just seems like being interested in Amy is a byproduct of having such an autistic hateboner for Sonic.

We already know what Boom Rouge is going to look like, though.

But he doesn't like Amy, he ships her with Sonic like a true fanboy.

Ugh, she's not thick at this point, she's chubby leaning towards overweight. She's much better off petite, she's a bat for fuck's sake, how can she fly or hang from trees with all that fat on?

Sonic artists have some weird fetishes, man.

Maybe he just asked that to see if Amy was on the market or not

I think it's less she's fat and more her upper body seems atrophied.

If she were thicc all over it'd make sense, it'd be more muscle than anything, but the upper body being so thin makes it weird.

>Eggman wants to fuck Amy simply because he would be cucking Sonic

Like I said, it's mostly just an example. Unfortunately, that's all I could find for some reason besides

>tfw you'll never impregnate amy while sonic watches
as a joke though not in a furry sexual way haha

>Not shipping Sonic with fast
>Not waifuing Amy

Not a true fanboy

Wrong, you're not a true sonic fan unless you ship Sonic and Chili Dogs.

Nah, Amy and Eggman are secret buddies, nothing romantic.

>prnewswire.com/news-releases/season-two-of-segas-animated-tv-series-sonic-boom-premieres-on-boomerang-this-november-300360653.html
>The Boomerang premieres will replay on Cartoon Network starting Nov. 19.

Thats a relief. My cable service doesn't have Boomerang.

>He built Metal Sonic to be a cuck machine

>Metal Sonic's entire purpose is to fuck with Sonic
>By fucking Amy

I'm sure there'll be rips on all the streaming sites within 2-3 days of them airing on Boomerang anyway.

When Sega did a Popularity Contest Tournament, they didn't include Sonic in it because they flat out knew he would win if they did.

At least cutting him out makes it a toss up between Robotnik, Shadow, and maybe Knuckles.

What is the sauce on that clip? seems promising.

>Rogue shows up in Boom
>Her ass is tapped

has Sonic expressed love for chili dogs in the last decade?

Eggman miscalculated though- you can't be cucked by a machine, just outperformed.

I'm pretty sure he's eaten them a few times on Sonic Boom.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjexNoJ3WGQ

He's eaten them in multiple games.

This show's still on? I should get back into it.

this
also feetfags are the worst

>Boom!Eggman represents the autistic Sanic fans.
Holy shit, that actually explains a lot about his character.

i wonder if they gonna pair shadow with rouge in this

When the Sonic wiki held a HUGE poll that lasted over several months to determine which character is the most popular, with EVERY NOTABLE CHARACTER EVER FROM ALL CANONS appearing in the poll, the final result was Sonic in first, Shadow in second, Tails in third, and Knuckles in fourth.

Sonic enjoying chili dogs is the only scrap of US localization Sega has permitted to continue existing. They slashed everything else so that US Sonic would better align with Grorious Nippon, even though Sonic isn't popular there, only in the US, so you'd think they'd the American localizations stay.

But yay chili dogs. woo hoo.

>judging what someone watches on a board for comics and cartoons

You're so high and mighty :)

I really hope Team Dark shows up. Make some joke about how the "bad guys" are using team work and friendship and it freaking everyone the fuck out.

Tails beat Knuckles? That's surprising.

YES YES YES!

Ian wrights the best Omega.

Team Dark being a Tighter Knit and less argumentative group than Team Sonic.

>team sonic argues why they're called team SONIC

Actually, didn't they go by a different name at one point? I distinctly remember their team name being mentioned in an early episode, I don't remember what it was exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was nothing to the tune of Team Sonic.

Correct

Rouge lady friend from that other series is her Jessie

>Watching Game Grumps

I used to watch it all the time until Jontron left.

Eggman

Fine design aside from the shitty wing-arms. \

I get that she's a bat, but its still fucking stupid.

>All that obnoxious fetish fuel

It's a terrible design. Sonic fans and waifufags are cancer.

Too bad he says he hates writing him.

I guess that's why Omega feels more like a meme machine than an actual character.

>omega is a true hero

Omega was barely a character in the first place though.

bump

You actually want the shit the US churned out to be a mainstay? Not saying the Japanese side is ultimately superior, but look what happened when you don't stifle the creators.

>He wrote for half of the Boom comic
Yeah, those were not very funny.

>Ian gets to do thing

Okay? I don't see why people cum in their pants whenever this guy gets to write something Sonic related. Yeah, he's cleaned up the Archie comic from Penders' bullshit but he was never THAT great of a writer.

Honestly, I think it's about time to put him out to pasture and get some new blood on the book. The amount of side characters we're amassing is rivaling Penders' enchilada horde at this point. His stories have really lost focus in order to pander to waifufags and "muh Freedom Fighters" autists. That's another thing: Why was that ever a requisite for a Sonic comic anyway? SatAM has been over forever and nothing's stopping the comic from branching out to new main casts outside the Sega stuff. Fucking Rotor the Walrus and Antoine are not compelling characters. We can do better.

>but the backlash

You're going to get backlash no matter what you do. I'll take that over a stale comic-- which is what we have right now. I dunno, I don't think the book can sustain itself with Ian at the helm. Someone needs to shake things up.

And by "new blood" I don't mean Evan Stanley. She needs to stick to art.