So what we hate this movie now? wtf

So what we hate this movie now? wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/08/04/suicide-squad-how-much-does-the-dc-movie-need-to-make-to-be-a-success
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JournoList
pajiba.com/think_pieces/no-suicide-squad-doesnt-need-to-make-800-million-to-break-even-.php
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/08/12/suicide-squad-dominates-despite-medias-gloom-and-doom/
theodysseyonline.com/ghostbusters-2016-worth-your-time-money-suicide-squad-isnt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. I enjoyed it.

The pacing was all kinds of off and the reshoots are pretty obvious.

It was okay at best.

We don't have the movie. We hate how it was produced and so does a majority of critics who have made of living judging films of such nature

It's the Donald Trump of movies and since Donald Trump won you literally cannot hate it. Sorry company warriors.

You're new? A lot of people said it had too many problems when it was released.

Did it break 1 billion like promised?

The general opinion on this board was always that the movie is mostly bad and meh tier.

Still... better than MOS and BvS. It helps that Snyder isnt directing it.

Didn't it have to break 1.4 bilion to even break even?

It broke 6 billion. Like the Jews that died in the holocaust.

I would say it was mediocre action movie.
But for comic fans it was probably bad.

>better than MOS and BvS.
False. Better than Marvel, worse than MoS and BvS. That's the correct place to put it.

Half of Marvel movies are better than anything put out by the DCEU mate, this is why we barely discuss them here.

Fucking Black Panther has more character than Superman.

>this is why we barely discuss them here.
No, it's because they're forgettable. I could make a thread on each individual Marvel movie talking about its flaws if you want but then I'd get banned for badmouthing Marvel.

Snyder's movies have no flaws, on the other hand.

I feel sorry for you guys, having to waste your lives defending your shit taste all the time, while crying how persecuted you are.

It only needed 800m to be profitable, break even was under 600 but thats never considered a sucessed to big money schmucks .WB downright promised investors 1b box office.

I'll take that as a no because of how upset you are

>WB downright promised investors 1b box office.

How stupid are they?

How stupid are you for believing his lies? Look at his lack of sources. He's still posting the "needed 6 gorrilion just to break even" meme after it's been debunked.

>this much in denial

Get over it already. BvS and MoS were great movies.

I have no idea how anyone could think MoS had no flaws. Even if yhou're one of those retarded "le kino" shitposters about BvS, MoS was so clearly heavily re-written by multiple people who each had such wildly different ideas of what the movie should be that the screenplay became slop.

So OP requires everyone to have the same opinion to enjoy/hate something? wtf

>now
people only were hyped for this movie roughly one month before the premiere. Then when more and more things were revealed and things "changed" supposedly(like the icon looking more and more kid friendly) people started to hate it

>Fucking Black Panther has more character than Superman.
hahaha

>people started to hate it
Proof? Or do you mean just a vocal minority of Sup Forums posters?

No Sup Forums, we always hated it. No one else has as much shit taste as you.

Probably more lines than Superman too.

People who care about plot and consistency. Not normies.

yeah, let me get my time machine and i will show you

are you retarded? Do you think i screencap every shit just to one day proof some paranoid faggots wrong on a subject that no one bothers enough to lie to begin with?

How could people who care about plot and consistency possibly tell that it would be bad because of a logo change? That's retarded.

Okay so about 2 people on Sup Forums spamming about how they hate the movie before it comes out. That's about right,

I have no idea how you fuck up something as simple as a "men-on-a-suicide-mission" team film. They've been making those since fucking World War II, it's one of the easiest kind of genre movies to at least do competently.

It's a suicidal team film whee one person dies and 3/4ths of the cast never get to use their skills in any unique way. This is basic storytelling tropes that they fucked up.

Were you actually expecting the entire team to die? Besides, the military guys got merc'd pretty hard.

It's bad. None of the characters except Harley matter. Compare to Avengers where almost every single character has a significant role and story. I hope Justice League is not Batman and his bitches.

>The Donald Trump of comic movies

>Were you actually expecting the entire team to die?

Two characters survived in the Dirty Dozen.

I know Harley, Flagg, Boomer and Big Willy Style were protected, but the film didn't even have the nuts to kill off the fucking villain of the story. Literally the only vague strand of thematic intent the film managed to keep in the botch-job was Flagg having to deal with duty vs love, and the film had so little backbone that they couldn't even pay that off and instead added the worst and most obvious reshoot of the entire film to show that Enchantress survived.

>military guys

They weren't even part of the team, they were utterly irrelevent to the rest of the film.

Are you going to keep pretending that every single negative review said that instead of one or two?

I also enjoy cherrypicking things individual idiots and pretending they represent the whole.

>Compare to Avengers where almost every single character has a significant role and story
People actually believe this?

So I take it you've never read a Suicide Squad comic.

Wow, No True Scotsman. Really got me hard there.

Maybe next next you'll actually address something I wrote instead of making up dream scenarios in your head.

Nice bait thread

>now

who the fuck said 6 gorrilion. wasnt me, that was you. You say you debunked it without even posted sauce yourself.

2 minutes in google and I even I found out i was under valuing them
>ign.com/articles/2016/08/04/suicide-squad-how-much-does-the-dc-movie-need-to-make-to-be-a-success

now post your sauce

I'm amazed it isn't lower, like at Tranktastic levels.

The movie was gutted into incomprehensibility, the idea that anyone is trying to argue bias for a film that had every single major aspect of its plot, character and thematic intent chopped into complete nothing is insane. It fails on the most basic levels of telling a fucking story or even just begin a dumb action movie.

You might as well argue that Birdemic was panned because of its environmental message. If you have even the barest understanding of filmmaking this thing is a disaster.

How is that No True Scotsman? If it's based on the comic then it would make sense that it would copy some aspects of the comic, one of which being the fact that very few people actually die.

Like I said before, you don't read the comics. Why are you even here then? From Sup Forums perhaps?

Critics hated it regardless. You acted like it was a change from like to dislike merely because of the logo, but critics never liked it in the first place. They planned to trash it as soon as it was announced.

It thought it was pretty shit. characters felt off. camera work was meh, lighting was garbage, pacing was absolutely awful, story sucked dick.

nothing about this movie was good.

>200 critics around the world all got together in one gigantic meeting and decided to all unanimously agree to trash a movie before it even came out

seems legit

in all instances of their shortcomings though you can always come back to the editing team. its always post change thing post change that. SS is a good premise for anti hero super horoes and the execution is crap

Stop strawmanning! It's obvious that this was simply due to the marvel-jew-illuminati conspiracy that makes RT always hate the flawless DC films

It's fucking terrible. I stopped watching after 45 minutes.

No, they individually decided to do that. Even then, you act as if a group of people who write articles have never teamed up as a nefarious organization.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JournoList

Probably not as expansive due to only being a wiki article, but you get the picture.

And clearly that makes more sense then the movie just being bad.

I liked it more than Civil War that's for sure

Seriously posting outdated debunked info from that long ago? Is this literally your first day on Sup Forums? You from Reddit? We've talked about this for months already.

pajiba.com/think_pieces/no-suicide-squad-doesnt-need-to-make-800-million-to-break-even-.php

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/08/12/suicide-squad-dominates-despite-medias-gloom-and-doom/

Lurk more. Can't believe how gullible you are to believe a debunked rumor from an anonymous source.

objectively its a bad film that was probably good before studio interference.

I still really like it though and would watch again

I mean, it wasn't that good but it definitely didn't deserve that RT score. Should be 60-70% with an average 7/10 rating. Look at the critics; all their points are just SJW stuff rather than about the movie itself. They were mad Ghostbusters did poorly and took it out on Suicide Squad.

>Should be 60-70% with an average 7/10 rating

That's insane, it's been edited in to a glorified music video. Entire character arcs were obviously removed, basic continuity errors linger, it's fucking Tranktastic tier.

You would have to ignore every single aspect of the filmmaking to be able to call it passable.

>They were mad Ghostbusters did poorly and took it out on Suicide Squad.

You have no proof of this.

you're over dramatising everything you literal faggot

>You have no proof of this.
im not even that guy but it was blatantly obvious, i just typed it in and this was my first result theodysseyonline.com/ghostbusters-2016-worth-your-time-money-suicide-squad-isnt

does anyone have the image

>That's insane, it's been edited in to a glorified music video. Entire character arcs were obviously removed, basic continuity errors linger
Yeah, a 7/10 movie like the Marvel flicks. I don't see why you think this is a problem...? Either have the grading be consistent or don't use it at all.

that's because we differ on opinions, for example your opinion sucks big time.

he wasnt being subjective he was being objective, they re great films

>im not even that guy but it was blatantly obvious, i just typed it in and this was my first result theodysseyonline.com/ghostbusters-2016-worth-your-time-money-suicide-squad-isnt

That's just saying someone liked Ghostbusters more then SS, not that they went in with an express bias to hate Suicide Squad.

>but that's hard, I just want to point to like 6 or 7 of them and say taht represents the entire group becuase I don't knwo waht actual evidence is

>Yeah, a 7/10 movie like the Marvel flicks. I don't see why you think this is a problem...? Either have the grading be consistent or don't use it at all.

What? When have the MCU films been that inept at telling a story?

They at least have an understanding of basic structure and character development. It's hardly revolutionary, but it's a fairly simple formula and it works.

>What? When have the MCU films been that inept at telling a story?
All of them except for Winter Soldier and Avengers were worse than Suicide Squad.

Oh come on.

Most of the world doesn't share that opinion, Mr. user.

>Warner Brothers/Fox keep hiring these directors who always had a vision and a voice in their movies
>strip them of all creative control

Why would you hire a Josh Trank or a David Ayer if you expect them to be Yes Men? Why didn't you hire Bret Ratner?

>but that's hard, I just want to point to like 6 or 7 of them and say taht represents the entire group becuase I don't knwo waht actual evidence is
i literally said it was the first thing that come up in results you illiterate retard

avengers is one of the worst films ive ever seen

I assume because of director recognition. Like if you slap Tarantino on something its probably going to get asses in seats

It had a lot of problems. Biggest was that the objective wasn't clear. I really had no idea where the team was headed nor what the plan was, until they decided to fight the witch for reasons.

Despite that, the ensemble was good. Little more back story than was needed. It honestly had a lot of potential and didn't quite live up to it. But it's failings wasn't quite enough to call it bad.

The objective was clear (Extract Waller) which eventually became stop Enchantress. But the problem I had with it was the mission wasnt really suited for the Squad's skills nor original point. Let them be fucking bad guys, let the mission objective be morally gray, and above all else DONT let the end result be saving the goddamn world

We always hated this movie. Don't tell me you got caught up in the Sup Forums posting?

Oh, user. After they Baneposted for four years, did you really think even Sup Forums liked DC?

>objective was clear (Extract Waller)
No it wasn't, the team didn't even know who they were rescuing.

Why were they walking there?
She left in a helicopter without them, why were they needed?
She killed agents cause they lacked security clearance?

A lot of stuff didn't make sense. It's sad when the insane romance between Harley and Joker was the most coherent subplot.

>>problem I had with it was the mission wasnt really suited for the Squad
I think this is part of my problem, I didn't understand why THEY were going. so it made the objective fuzzy at best. I might have been jumping ahead in the narrative thinking, when are they going to fight the monster.

>>Let them be fucking bad guys, let the mission objective be morally gray, and above all else DONT let the end result be saving the goddamn world
I agree with you, but marketing doesn't. Harley Quinn is the 4th member of the trinity and all that.

>The film needs to do about $600 million in global ticket sales to cover the shooting budget (including reshoots) plus marketing costs,

it says right there breaking even is 600m. nice job debunking yourself

im looking forward to the directors cut. I think itll fix a lot of problems

>now
Kek

Did TDK generate Ledgerposting or just overdose jokes?

What do you mean, 'now'? It wasn't good. It's not very complicated.

That reminds me.

I don't think it was that good but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. Even the wack needle drops were enjoyable in the theatre. Looking forward to seeing the extended cut in a few days.

I still like it

lol how was Suicide Squad inept at storytelling. If there was something you didnt understand you're a retard.

>It's the Donald Trump of movies
Wrong capekino

Giving this title to BvS would be an understatement. More like the George Washington of comic book movies.