Is this actually good or what?

Is this actually good or what?

There is a good reason it got axed

yes

It's aged like shit

It is top tier comfy.

LOL its fucking awful

I'm glad all the browncoats died

Yeah, I actually don't like most of Whedon's stuff but this was good.

Very libertarian message, too.

>tfw no kaylee gf

Because the episodes were aired in the wrong order?

It's really not that great. It's a 6/10 show that people put on a petal stool since they're unrepentant Whedonfags or like the space cowboy niche it occupies.

I saw the movie before the series and thought it was okay.

I like that they built the ship as an actual walk-through set and not just a bunch of modular wall pieces.

It was given a cursed timeslot, it aired out of order and Fox's execs didnt like it before it even aired.

They didn't even air the whole season.

So did about 3/4's of all Star Trek media. You give Sci-Fi TV a pass for effects and what have you for the writing.

The theme song is so terrible, it just makes you want to switch off the rest of the episode.
What were they thinking, I guarantee the theme song lost them a lot of viewers. Really sets the tone.

yeah its great. the movie's ok.

i want people likw you to die IRL

I know this gets thrown around a lot, but this is LITERALLY R*ddit: The Show.

This. The movie was crap though.

This. I really enjoy the show but jesus christ

>damage controlling this hard
Go to bed, Josh. Your show sucked.

no, it's not

Even if you hate everything else about this, they sure did have a lot of good looking women on it, right?

I liked it but don't care that its not still going. It'll get a reboot eventally though

"You can't take this guy from me" was our wedding song. So you losers can sit here and say it meant nothing, but to some people, it meant everything.

I can't even pick a favorite

It's a space western. Thus the twangy theme song.

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

It was a different time

It has some great banter

>There is a good reason it got axed

Because it was too good for the time.

Being contrarian for the sake of it isn't useful.

best thing Whedon ever did, I wonder if he fucked the actresses way back then too

>It's a 6/10 show

I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely not 10/10, but very few shows are, much less TV Sci Fi. Even The Expanse isn't 10/10. I would say it occupies a position somewhere between 8 and 9, though I can understand others going a little lower than that.

He didn't always fuck the actresses on his shows, but he usually creeped on them at the very least. He was a bit like Gene Rodenberry in the way he had strong moral and ideological beliefs that were the complete opposite of his behavior in private.

One of my favorite shows, but it has sentimental value.

My wife and I watch it every year since it came out when we started dating.

reddit's favourite space soap opera

>today on Sup Forums, user pretends he doesn't go on Reddit by accusing others of being from Reddit, not aware that he's actually the object of the joke

how would I know it's reddit's favourite space soap opera if I never went to reddit?
Dumb shithead

>how would I know it's reddit's favourite space soap opera if I never went to reddit?

What are assumptions for $500?

True, but the movie at least closed out the story. Maybe some questions were better left unanswered.

So I'm a Libertarian & I love Babylon 5 & Stargate, but not so much Star Trek, will I like this?

I would say yes. It's much less procedural and lengthy than Star Trek. There are overarching storylines, but each episode is still independent. However, it's not really sci-fi so much as it is a space western. If you like your sci-fi mixed with westerns, then you'll like Firefly.

Yeah it was, and I think it benefited from dying early. That allows it to have this weird passing by quality and it never got a chance to really embarrass itself.

shitty live action version of cowboy bebop