Anyone remember these?

Anyone remember these?

youtube.com/watch?v=NXEb-jxqz1w&list=PLqjXY7MELqs0N4bETDaHKTt0Jyo87454i

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLdckVj7MSs
youtube.com/watch?v=AVZczLuoJoU
ben-levin.tumblr.com/post/150180044000/here-are-some-boards-i-did-from-the-steven
youtube.com/watch?v=zOhwPn8ws1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fun little show. The voice actress was really good.

Tumblr trash. Anybody that disagrees is also tumblr trash.

I disagree.

This.
Fuck yourself.

I loved these two, I would totally watch more of them.

>Obese black lesbian
I actually still love her

is all about attitude, she actually acts like a mature adult who is in jail and not some silly wacky sensitive special snowflake

They need more fan art.

I'd like to see a follow-up "Doris and Mary-Anne are on the Lam"

Not bad. Pretty funny.

How...?

Yeah really wish it kept going. I wouldn't mind seeing that as a movie. Would Mary-anne talk now, or just for important things like Silent Bob.

Calarts feminist liberal bullshit propaganda.

I'm guessing only when it's important.

hurr durr muh drumpie abloo bloo le ebil libruhls hurt muh fee-fee

youtube.com/watch?v=RLdckVj7MSs
boooobs

Have you even seen it?

>or a third thing
b-bls be gay

Really lackluster. It was a bunch of mediocre jokes capped off with one serious monologue, which wasn't good enough to retroactively make the rest of it worth even the, what, 3 minutes it took to watch them all?

Keeping this bumped so I can draw something for it later.

always a treat

Ugly artstyle.
Jokes are pretty meh.
Good voice actress.

Didn't they segregate in jail too, back then?

Seems kind of short.
Jokes are hit or miss.
Not a very good ending.

That was pretty cute.

I'm a huge /u/fag, and I thought that ending was pretty bad.

>Read comment

>"How bad could it be

> Skip to finale.

Wow, that was pretty bad.

I wanna eat Doris's Tasty Tomato.

shitposters take note, this is what an ACTUAL tumblr cartoon looks like

Go eat dicks.

>extremely clean, sterile flash "animation"
>character designs are comprised largely of tubes and circles, a la Steven Universe (but it's even worse here)
>total ignorance toward core qualities of good animation, such as line of action or implementing a shit ton of frames
>despite having only two characters it's as racially and physiologically diverse as possible
>but still contains no men because women can't relate to or understand those
>fetish-like obsession with old U.S. culture stemming from theater and fashion (but ironically ignoring actual facets of that era, such as casual racism)
>humor consists of "wacky character talks more than a Tim Buckley character, please laugh"
>not a hint of actual talent or anything that could be considered impressive anywhere

It's a tumblr cartoon.

dont forget

>so lazy they could only make 3 minutes of barely animated barely designed barely written cartoon

Isn't it made only by a couple people and was made to come out once a week?

I agree with all of this.

It's not flash, it's a animated gif. And it is nothing like a tumblr cartoon.
>despite having only two characters it's as racially and physiologically diverse as possible
They are most likely both Japanese (alright, one is a catgirl, but who care) and your projecting is fucking ridiculous

They're talking about Doris & Mary Anne.

Oh?

wEll, that's not a "tumblr" cartoon either, it's an internet cartoon made with lillte means.

And his whole rant about diversity and female character (the guard is male, by the way) is just ridiculous.

That was good

Thanks for turning me onto it OP, you're a cool guy

>wEll, that's not a "tumblr" cartoon either,

It really is. The frogposter explained why.

Man, what did Chen ever do to you?

>chen
>talking

And i explained why the reason he listed are arbitray and stupid.

Most of wat he describe can be applied to any internet cartoon that has been wrapped up quickly.

No, you called it ridiculous. You didn't actually explain anything.

you sound like a huge faggot.

>ignoring actual facets of that era, such as casual racism

Oh please, you people would 300% more triggered if they dared to mention racial issues

Created by one of the same guys who did this
youtube.com/watch?v=AVZczLuoJoU

Why is that cat talking about Chen?

/thread

Not that guy, but I would at least respect a mention of it. You could even explain their status as outcasts of society with the simple fact that they get along in an era before civil rights.

didn't they do that during the final episode when we find out how mary-anne got into jail, though it was played off more as a joke i suppose.

Er, wasn't Mary-anne locked up for basically being black in the presence of a police officer?

If that's the case then the real issue is the joke wasn't funny and made no sense.

No, she was in jail for slamming doors while being black.

OBJECTION. there's a male character in episode 10. A prison guard.

Also: slamming doors is a serious crime, if you're black, according to the show.

Or that you didn't watch any of it, because you don't remember any of it.

C'mon, it's like 3 minutes of a manic pixie and her silent black bob-ette cellmate. What's so important in your life you haven't seen it yet?

thats three minutes I could spend putting my testicles in a blender

-it has the same quality has any internet cartoon made quickly
-it actually has a male character
-the complain about diversity is stupid to start with.

There are only two characters featured in these shorts. I think the only other character to appear was a male guard that showed up at the end.
>(but ironically ignoring actual facets of that era, such as casual racism)
They referenced it in the last short.

yeah exactly. it's a women's prison and they only show one cell. also tons of modern cartoons choose not to talk about racism [a whole lot] in those decades because black people viewing it probably don't want to deal with racism in the free time they choose to watch cartoons with

Despite being very predictable and sporting a cringe-worthy title I found this enjoyable.

Maybe I just like nerds fighting each other.

Just finished watching it, pretty good.

Doris reminds me of Star

>tfw perfect thicc black big boobed waifu will never return your affections because you have a penis

Just rape her. She's black so it's okay

Pretty good.

Prison short-wise I prefer Russian bunnies.

>Also: slamming doors is a serious crime, if you're black, according to the show.
Black and female in 1920s America, my man. Blacks didn't even have civil rights for another 40+ years. So, yes, small shit like could get them arrested.

It was funny until the last episode where they decided to completely forgo humor in favor of hamfisted soapboxing

I don't think it was meant to be sopaboxing so much as a shocking twist ending. Especially with all the obvious build-up.

Mary-Anne's a muff diver but I bet Doris' strictly Dickly.

Part of me loves the idea of Mary-anne being super bashful and even more flustered around "hot" women and Doris is either blissfully unaware or trying to hook them up in an unsubtle way.

video is old as hell.

>tfw she won't like me despite my lack of penis because I'm like a small dog
I just want on those boobers

We all do, user.

We all do.

>I'm on le Sup Forums so i have to hate tumblr
just end ur life senpai

>character designs are comprised largely of tubes and circles, a la Steven Universe (but it's even worse here)
the guy who made these shorts (as well as his partner in crime Matt Burnett) are the outline writers and story editors for SU
ben-levin.tumblr.com/post/150180044000/here-are-some-boards-i-did-from-the-steven

d-draw them holding hands

Yoto, is there anything you can't make good?

My original ideas.

Ah, Plague Syndrome. My condolences

You probably just need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Great one Dustin! Maryanne's stacked.

thanks user, I hadn't seen this in many.. many years

here is another of his shorts
youtube.com/watch?v=zOhwPn8ws1o

CalArts needs to be stopped.

So?
Style shouldn't define what website a cartoon may appeal to, or what you're allowed to like for that matter.

that short's what led him (and by extension Matt) to getting a job on SU in the first place

Hnnnngh super cute, man.

wait what? How?

is there documented evidence?

I don't know what it's called, but I love that accent she does.

It's kinda a lazy trans-atlantic accent.

Wow, user.
5 out of words in your post were buzzwords! Congrats!

It's Tumblr-tier art, sure.

KNEEL BEFORE LORD GANGROK! was pretty funny though.

Each "episode" is way too fucking short for it to be good, though.

Combine them all into one video with some obvious-time-lapse wipes and you might have something.

I opened this video to complain about the art style but I fell in love with Doris when I pressed play.

ah thank you, I love it. Especially with Maryanne so neutral to Doris' being so flustered

>giving Doris tits
damn you Dustin!

The fuck is wrong with you! Spoiler that shit!