Spider-Gwen Co-Creater upset at Marvel Comics

>Robbi Rodriguez, co-creator is Spider-Gwen, tweeted pic-lated, angry at Marvel for doing something to Spider-Gwen.
>Robbi's twitter is then locked
>Robbi deletes tweet
What the fuck happened, Sup Forums?
Did Marvel yell at him and make him delete the tweet?
What was Robbi angry about?
Was he angry at Bendis hooking Miles up with SpGwen?
Was he angry at Slott putting SpGwen in Clone Conspiracy?
Is the Spider-Gwen book secretly cancelled?
Is it something else, Sup Forums???

My guess is Clone Conspiracy.
Robbie's going blind I think, and is supposed to be on until he finished Gwenom.

Robbi doesn't own Gwen Stacy, even if she's from another universe. If it were an entirely original character and superhero and not affiliated with other superheroes (ie Spider-Man), then Robbi can stake the claim.

I bet Gwen is moving to 616 permantly to stay with Miles.

>fucked #spidergwen

Isn't it obvious? It's all happening again.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT CREATOR'S RIGHTS, BRO

I TOLD YOU, DOG

Is he mad about Miles fucking his daughter

He's mad because he was trying to chat up a Spider-Gwen cosplayer, and then Ike Perlmutter came up and took the girl home.

This seems like the most obvious case.

I honestly did not expect Spider-Gwen to so up in that. Nor did I expect the story to turn into a zombie apocalypse book. Such a weird direction.

Mother fucker you took an existing character and gave her Spider-Mans powers, you did jack shit.

He doesn't exactly look like someone interested in chatting up grills.

Rodriguez has been acting like an entitled piece of shit since the series has started, probably he's referring to Miles X Gwen by THE BENDIS

Fuck that, Gwen's just popping in an issue or two to ride Miles' sale or the other way around and then ridding out back to her universe. Kamala is the only Miles endgame.

its not about clone conspiracy or he would be bitching about the editor or slott

spidergwen was supposed to be developed into a marvel series or movie originally, this as marvel's replacement spiderman if they didnt come to terms with sony

now that homecoming is well on its way, perlmutter backed out of whatever verbal agreement or deal he had with robbie

and robbie is known to have poor impulse control on twitter

While I feel bad that the man is going blind and having his final creation is being manhandled by the likes of Bendis (but hey, maybe spend your last couple years being able to create art on an indie comic instead of a corporate one), but holy shit will I be glad when this fucking faggot is finally excised from the industry.

All he did was design a really good spider suit for an alternate universe version of a pre-existing character. He needs to stop acting like that gives him any rights over the character. You don't see Spider-gwen's writer throwing hissy fits like this.

>All he did was design a really good spider suit for an alternate universe version of a pre-existing character

this

same as Bachalo created gwenpool as a joke for a variant and then marvel developed her into a char. yet you never see bachalo bitching about it

>his final creation
lol what creation.

Giving an existing character a new costume doesnt make it your character, otherwise Spider-Man has 500 Daddies.

>spidergwen was supposed to be developed into a marvel series or movie originally, this as marvel's replacement spiderman if they didnt come to terms with sony

Stop passing off lies as """"rumors"""". Gwen's movie rights belonged to Sony so if they didn't come to terms they wouldn't have been able to use Gwen either, dumbass.

There are artists and there are artists.

>spidergwen was supposed to be developed into a marvel series or movie originally, this as marvel's replacement spiderman if they didnt come to terms with sony
You have literally no clue how licensing rights work.

You think Marvel would be able to use X-23 since she was made after the movies too, faggot?

>There are artists and there are aurtists
Fixed.

>they made bachalo's gwenpoole an independent char from gwen stacy by retconing her name as Gwen Poole JUST so it wasnt into sony's clutches

>thinking marvel wouldnt have done something similar with the spidergwen concept if they wanted to use it on live action ip

>trusting a wizard

Mother fucker the fact that she's "Spider-" anything means Sony has some claim to her, just look at the tangled web of legal problems related to Spider-Woman.

She probably choose go to miles universe and live with him.

yes if the IP is derivative of spider man

which the tv series wouldnt be because peter wouldnt even exist there. see how her early costume avoids the usual spidery motiffs too

That works, too.

THE IP IS DERIVATIVE OF SPIDER-MAN YOU DUMBASS.

>Robbie Rodriguez
>Co-creator.

He was less involved with that character than Stan Lee was with the original Spider-Man.

Hol up, so this guy is going blind?
That sucks I guess.

>yes if the IP is derivative of spider man
>Gwen Stacy with Spider-Powers isnt derivative of Spider-Man
>which the tv series wouldnt be because peter wouldnt even exist there. see how her early costume avoids the usual spidery motiffs too
>this whole sentence

He didn't even do that, he just drew the costume.

I think Anton is confusing Somy with Marvel Studios.

Because Sony actually did want to make a Spider-Gwen. It was suppose to be some Grrl Power movie where at the end the Spider-Woman turns out to be Gwen from an alternate universe. Midnight's edge did a video on it.

what the fuck are you even talking about.

He cant be though, because he's specifically referring to it as something that'd happen should the deal with Sony fall through.

What the fuck.

so was gwenpool

until it wasnt

if your brain cant comprehend that marvel can take a derivative concept and retool it as whatever they see fit, then you must believe movie special fx are done by magic or something

Mother fucker you cant make a character with Spider-Man powers based on Gwen Stacy not derivative of Gwen or Spider-Man and somehow keep the design, powers, or name even remotely intact.

At that point, why not just use Jessica Drew and make a Spider-Woman movie, atleast the rights could conceivably be with Marvel somehow via legal loopholes, and she literally has nothing to do with Spider-Man to begin with.

>thread is derailed by Autist that claims Marvel owned the film rights to Gwen Stacy and could make a Spider-Gwen movie
Phew, this is so Grade A Autism we got here.

>Marvel can make a Spider-Gwen movie, guys
>Marvel can make any movie with a character with Spider-Mans abilities as long as it isnt derivative of the character specifically himself or his supporting cast/rogues
>Just change her name, guys

Riddle me this, riddle me that, should it be so simple, why not use Miles, you fucking ass dimple.

He's blind with rage.

Why is Tommy Lee Jones in a Spider-Man comic?

CARLOS!

Haha, simply epic.

Spider Gwen was chosen to be forced to be on the comic meant to be with Trump as President.

That's why he's upset because Spider Gwen is going to be tainted like that

Sucks that he's going blind, not wishing that on anyone. But holy shit does he act like an entitled piece of shit whenever his abortive comic is mentioned.

>Kamala is the only Miles endgame.
Just fuck off with this shipping shit. Miles is not even a character worth reading let alone shipping with.

>I don't know how copyright works

Well, he just didn't see it coming.

>Is the Spider-Gwen book secretly cancelled?
God yes please, that character needs to go away now.

How dumb are you?

Robbi has as much claim to Spider-Gwen as a wholly original character as Penders does for his Sonic OCs.

Gwenpool is Gwen Stacy + Deadpool even if she's not a Gwen Stacy. That would be a conflict between Sony and Fox.

Even if you changed Spider-Gwen into being Gwen Arachne instead of Gwen Stacy she still falls under Sony because she's a Spider-character.

Shut up blind man your eyesight is failing

>yfw robbi rodriguez becomes the next ken penders

Nobody knows where the fuck Gwenpool's movies rights are. She's derivative of characters owned by Fox and Sony, but technically unrelated to either. Any of the three could try to argue a case for her.

Considering she's gonna be in DP 2, I think we know.

Have they actually confirmed it or is it from a rumor site?

unconfirmed

Spider Gwen could possibly be a character that could be used at a Disney theme park and for merchandise as a replacement for Spider Man even if they didn't have the theme park rights for a place (Universal Studios has them for Florida and Japan) or movie rights.

Something similar could be done for Gwenpool for merchandise. Disney doesn't tend to want to make merchandise for characters they don't have the movie rights for like the X-Men. Disney might actually already have the theme park rights for Deadpool however.

Movie rights wouldn't make sense though because she's a Spider-character. I mean why else don't you see Marvel suddenly rushing to do a film with Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter before the Sony MCU deal?

I could sort of believe the theme park thing.

Then so far I'm not believing just yet.

If your saying that I said they wanted to try to make a movie of her, I should make clear that I'm not trying to communicate that they would have had movie rights for the character.

Maybe I should have stated it like this:
Spider Gwen could possibly have been a character that could have been/could still be used at a Disney theme park and for merchandise as a replacement for Spider Man even if they didn't have the movie rights (which Disney actually still doesn't) or theme park rights for a place (Universal Studios has Spider-Man rights for Florida and Japan).

Something similar could be done for Gwenpool for merchandise. Disney doesn't tend to want to make merchandise for characters they don't have the movie rights for like the X-Men. Disney might actually already have the theme park rights for Deadpool however.

>Gwen Stacy
>creator's rights

Shut up you crazy hobo

poor dude going blind

true

This guy is out of his mind. Like literally delusional.

They could change her name slightly so it wouldn't be based of the Gwen Stacy character. She could be Gwendolyn Stevens.

Maybe they are doing that with 'MJ' in the new Spider Man movie. Maybe Zendaya is playing Maria Jenny Walters.

Like I said, I could sort of believe what you said about the theme parks.

>Disney doesn't tend to want to make merchandise for characters they don't have the movie rights for like the X-Men.

Not entirely true. The deal they renegotiated with Sony back five years ago gave the Spider-Man film merchandise rights back to Disney/Marvel. With Fox, Marvel has to pay a cut for any merchandise based on the films. Probably the same with Fantastic Four.

Have you noticed that Sony's Amazing Spider-Man actually got merchandise while Fox's X-Men stuff since First Class didn't?

>They could change her name slightly so it wouldn't be based of the Gwen Stacy character. She could be Gwendolyn Stevens.

And she'd still be a Spider-character. If Marvel could get away with using her they would've gone and used Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter and Anya Corazon in movies already.

I call bullshit on the million figure.

>perlmutter backed out of whatever verbal agreement or deal he had with robbie

You must be at least 18 to post here.

LOL LET'S SEND HIM A BASKET WITH ART BOOKS GAIZ

ART BOOKS

BECAUSE HE CAN'T DRAW LOL

ROLFLMFAO BASED CHO IS BASED IM A SEXIST NECKBEARD WHO WILL NEVER TOUCH PUSSY IN HIS LIFE

GIMME DEM (YOU)S

What did he mean by this?

That he is changing isps tonight

It's literally unintelligible nigger babble

That the person who always complains about Cho in these threads is the one spamming that image

God I hope he knocks her up that would be a legitimately interesting and original story for miles.

To be fair, the meme costume is the only reason she got popular on Tumblr and stuck around.

>Gwen Stacy gets blacked is a worthwhile story

>for Miles

Or in a shocking twist, she knocks him up.

>Miles continues to get Peter's sloppy seconds is a worthwhile storyline

Miles whole life is he getting Peter's sloppy second and better powers, but still be a worst Spiderman

that's not how the rights work
Marvel sold the rights to their characters when they were on the brink of financial collapse
characters created since are Marvel's because they simply have not sold the rights to them

the real conundrum is Firestar

>characters created since are Marvel's because they simply have not sold the rights to them

Untrue, the X-Men films used Azazel, a character created long after Fox's first X-Men film.

Nigga looks like he just raped a bunch of women with his voice

as you shouldnt, its HEAVILY rumored, but theyre still just rumors, and if theres one thing i learned in middle school...

>Spider-Gwen gets sued by Miles's parents for statutory rape

Fucker looks like a gay Batman villain!

when tommy lee jones was Osborn

I think this was solved on BC: Basically robbi Rodriguez having a bad day and twitting rage

>Ike Perlmutter
>The guy that donated to Trump
You had a great opportunity to use a "grabbing the pussy" joke and you let it slide. For shame.

Also:
>I made you a million
They really DO live in their own little worlds, don't they?

Im getting REALLY tired of Miles fucking Morales. Im not saying Spider Gwen is a good character, because shes really only somewhat popular because of her costume, but in no way do I care about Bendis's autistic fanfic. Its actually quite astounding how Marvel wants 5 different spider people and yet next to none work outside of Peter.

>All he did was design a really good spider suit
Eh, it's all right.

Holy shit, there's a gif.

JESSICA?

>Robbi Rodriguez is throwing a fit on twitter

It must be that time of the week

When did this board become a twitter gossip center? Because thats all this is.